King Charles III Coronation.

Scorpio41

They have done in the past.

I’m pretty sure they had celebrations for the jubilee last year and they certainly did when Will and Kate married as I was on Aurora at the time.

However these days, you can never be sure of anything 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are embarking on Coronation day, which DH sees as a great opportunity to totally ignore the event! I'm sure I'll see the highlights at sometime though.

They can be avoided too. I hope.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are embarking on Coronation day, which DH sees as a great opportunity to totally ignore the event! I'm sure I'll see the highlights at sometime though.

We embarked on William and Catherine’s wedding day. The roads were empty and the drive down to Southampton was surreal.

It was also made a formal night so we carried all our posh wear on in case the case failed to materialise in time.

• Like 4

We were on a cruise in September at the time of the Queen’s funeral (not a P&O cruise but another Carnival line) - formal night was moved from Monday (the day of the funeral) to Sunday and on the Monday the funeral was broadcast in 3 or 4 locations around the ship. It was easy to find if you wanted to participate and easy to ignore if you didn’t. I would imagine they will try and find a similar ‘happy medium’ for the coronation. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Scorpio41 said:

We embarked on William and Catherine’s wedding day. The roads were empty and the drive down to Southampton was surreal.

It was also made a formal night so we carried all our posh wear on in case the case failed to materialise in time.

We went to Paris that weekend. The only English channel in the hotel was BBC news. You can't win them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio41 said:

We were on our way along the A28 to a rental cottage in Normandy at the time of the wedding, caught the highlights on Match of the Day in the evening. 😬

• Like 1

We were in a hot air balloon over the red rocks in Arizona on the day of the Royal wedding.  The Americans in our hotel were appalled that we would miss the televised ceremony just to go up in a hot air balloon to see the most spectacular scenery when we could be watching tv. 

• Haha 7

We were having new blinds fitted in the conservatory. There were eight in total so it took a while, even longer as the lady fitting them kept coming into the lounge to have a peep and a gossip about the clothes. It was very enjoyable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We were in a hot air balloon over the red rocks in Arizona on the day of the Royal wedding.  The Americans in our hotel were appalled that we would miss the televised ceremony just to go up in a hot air balloon to see the most spectacular scenery when we could be watching tv. 

That reminds me of being in South Carolina at the time of Charles and Diana's wedding.  The next morning I strolled into the office where the Anericans were all talking about the wedding and were shocked when they asked what I had thought of the wedding and I replied that I had not watched because I preferred to sleep.

• Like 4

Our neighbour put this though our door last week, I have covered her contact information.

I have  no strong feelings but I  suspect that because we are in the only bit of the cul de sac that gets no passing traffic we will be blocked in so will be attending the street party.

20230207_095450.thumb.jpg.996dc2bba61c931c9aa8fd6d77f645e8.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

That reminds me of being in South Carolina at the time of Charles and Diana's wedding.  The next morning I strolled into the office where the Anericans were all talking about the wedding and were shocked when they asked what I had thought of the wedding and I replied that I had not watched because I preferred to sleep.

Not bothered about any of them. We were driving on a coastal road between France and Spain to stopped observe the 2 minutes silence. We always ,when in Paris, go to the ' unofficial monument ' above the tunnel. Apart from her and one of her poor sons, the rest can...........🤐

• Like 2

I'm neither a Monarchist nor a republican but I do enjoy the history of it all and also the pomp & ceremony that the UK does so well. Fortunately, for the last Royal Wedding, I was on a cruise and whilst it was shown on board, there were much more interesting things to do than watch tv.

I will certainly be watching the Coronation as it is living history.

I dare say P&O will mark the occasion with lots of red, white & blue - and maybe Cherries Jubilee at dinner in the evening 😄

• Like 7

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Not bothered about any of them. We were driving on a coastal road between France and Spain to stopped observe the 2 minutes silence. We always ,when in Paris, go to the ' unofficial monument ' above the tunnel. Apart from her and one of her poor sons, the rest can...........🤐

No comment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I was installing heating in Walthamstow for a spanish lady that day.She kicked us out so she could watch it without noise.We watched it in the pub over the road for a couple of hours,lol.

7 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I am an unapologetic Royalist, so will watch history unfold on the tv.

Me too Bob. I will watch every single minute.

Now here's a confession about which I know I will be absolutely villified...........I was booked on the Arvia cruise departing 30th April for 2/7 and I changed it to an October cruise on Britannia so that I could be here for the Coronation.

I know, I know -I'm ready for the trolling and insults but, as I said yesterday, each to their own!

Jane xx

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Now here's a confession about which I know I will be absolutely villified...........I was booked on the Arvia cruise departing 30th April for 2/7 and I changed it to an October cruise on Britannia so that I could be here for the Coronation.

I know, I know -I'm ready for the trolling and insults but, as I said yesterday, each to their own!

Jane xx

You won't be vilified here Jane, its not facecloth, I am not over interested but don't mind the abridged version, it is more mrs YP's thing. I don't mind her watching royalty functions any more than she does me watching motor racing and football. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Jane xx

Don't worry Jane. You are not alone. I had two cruises already booked for this year but when the Queen died I wouldn't book anything else until I knew the date. My Granddaughter was raking the other day and found the flags I have saved from the jubilee. We will have a big party, but on Sunday. I won't move much on the Saturday.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

You won't be vilified here Jane, its not facecloth, I am not over interested but don't mind the abridged version, it is more mrs YP's thing. I don't mind her watching royalty functions any more than she does me watching motor racing and football. 

I hope all those who enjoy this will have  a wonderful experience. No vilification here. Just that I won't be bothering. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

I hope all those who enjoy this will have  a wonderful experience. No vilification here. Just that I won't be bothering. 

Each to their own. I admit the males in our family won't watch. They will all eat and drink at the party though 😂.

My motto is live and let live. As long as you are not hurting anyone do whatever you want 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, happy v said:

Don't worry Jane. You are not alone. I had two cruises already booked for this year but when the Queen died I wouldn't book anything else until I knew the date. My Granddaughter was raking the other day and found the flags I have saved from the jubilee. We will have a big party, but on Sunday. I won't move much on the 

Thanks V.  Glad I'm not alone. We will also have a party where I live - on the Sunday too. I may even venture into London on the day to soak up the atmosphere as I only live about 30 minutes away. As Bob said earlier this is history and I want to be part of it. Jane xx

• Like 10