Embarkation Lunch Regal Princess

b7440

• 3 months later...

One of the main dining rooms has always been open for lunch when we embark, although for some reason the staff prefer to send you upstairs to the buffet.  We were on the dining floor and asked a staff what dining room was open and he said that we had to go to the buffet.  We walked to the starboard side of the same floor and found the open dining room.  

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 7:05 PM, Esjung1 said:

Run to Alfredo's on embarkation day, it's the best and people don't always realize you can eat there right away after you board. 

as the above poster stated .....run...to Alfredo's....you won't regret it! 3 cruises on the regal within last 14 months and its ALWAYS our first lunch spot...

safe journey....

• Like 1

The Regal will be our ship for next year. Alfredo's was stated as "waiter based." Are you saying someone comes and takes the order in this pizza area of the ship? I've been on several cruises and eaten pizza many times, but have never had someone while I sit down, to come and take my order.

1 hour ago, beshears said:

The Regal will be our ship for next year. Alfredo's was stated as "waiter based." Are you saying someone comes and takes the order in this pizza area of the ship? I've been on several cruises and eaten pizza many times, but have never had someone while I sit down, to come and take my order.

Alfredo's is a sit-down dining venue on Deck 7 with waiter service, not to be confused with the pizzeria outside on the Lido Deck.

• Like 1

Yes to all of the above!

The buffet will probably be crowded, but will have the biggest variety.

Alfredo's is very good!  That is where we had lunch last time.  Had the pizza with the ham and artichoke. (very good!)  and the mini ravioli  (good! but different than one would expect - sauce was more like a gravy,  and no obvious cheese)

The main dining room is a good choice to have a nice sit-down lunch, and it is always worth going to the MDR for the souffle!!!   (The last souffle I had on Regal was on Italian night.  While many do not think they are fond of Italian night, the food was good, and the Souffle was OMG, to die for.

The pizza place by the pool just has pizza, normally two or three kinds max. No waiter service: you stand in line and they serve you a slice or two from which ever one you want. A far as I know there is no custom pizzas made there. Then you take your plate to where you want to eat (or where you can find a place).  

On 6/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, Victoria_BC_Mom said:

One of the main dining rooms has always been open for lunch when we embark, although for some reason the staff prefer to send you upstairs to the buffet.  We were on the dining floor and asked a staff what dining room was open and he said that we had to go to the buffet.  We walked to the starboard side of the same floor and found the open dining room.  

Oh no, they actually lied to you !

Why didn't you just to to the DR without asking since you knew one of them was serving lunch? 

On Dining room lunch, it is usually one of the mid ships dining rooms. So close to where you will board. Hours are usually 12pm to 1:30pm. Not that the hours are not adjusted for late boarding etc. On our last Caribbean Princess cruise boarding did not start until 1pm, so we barely made it.

• 3 months later...

Ron the Rev mentioned that the Symphony Dining Room was the place to head for on the Regal ship for eating lunch, instead of going to the top and eating at the buffet. Is this just for the first day of boarding the ship, or the days at sea or what? I try to make notes when it comes to the Regal ship as that is what we plan to do.

Steelers36, when mentioning to check the Daily Activities, I gather you are referring to the medallion, is that correct? I guess the reason I am asking, I was "wondering???" if they still put some type of paper in the room with what is going on the ship each day too?

43 minutes ago, beshears said:

Steelers36, when mentioning to check the Daily Activities, I gather you are referring to the medallion, is that correct? I guess the reason I am asking, I was "wondering???" if they still put some type of paper in the room with what is going on the ship each day too?

The Patter is now the daily activities sheet. Two pages on a single piece of paper.  Delivered by stewards.  I was not referring to the Medallion which is a small disk that simply opens your cabin door and also connects to crew tablets which pull up your guest record so they know it is you for charges to cabin or to verify you when leaving or returning to the ship.

Steelers36, thank you for explaining the difference and for ME to know that there will be a paper that I can look at to see what will be going on as well. I like to take a marker ahead of time and mark what I would like to see/do. 🙂

On 6/14/2023 at 12:45 PM, Victoria_BC_Mom said:

We've been told a few times the MDR is not open on embarkation day.  However, we visit all the dining rooms and one has always been open.  On Grand Class ships they make it Botticelli as it's harder for people to find!   Love the MDR embarkation lunches!

On 6/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, Esjung1 said:

Run to Alfredo's on embarkation day, it's the best and people don't always realize you can eat there right away after you board. 

There is now a charge at this location