All your P&O dress code comments and queries.

jomf

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Four formal nights 😮 2 is more than enough

Four in 16 nights is standard. Apart from Arvia and Iona, it is two nights per week on the rest of the fleet. I - and many others are quite happy with that. In my experience so far, those that don't follow the dress code on Aurora are very much in the minority.

• Like 1

Please don't come at me, I have read this entire thread and worried we have picked the wrong cruise line for our first cruise. Husband wears shorts all the time and I'm really worried that he will overheat in jeans on our canary island cruise. We will be respecting the formal rules with regards to dining and drinks. Will we be stopped for wearing shorts in the outside areas (Iona prom deck) after 6pm? Are the hot tubs and pools open after this time? Surely they can't expect us to put jeans on after being in the hot tub? 

20 minutes ago, AlixN said:

Please don't come at me, I have read this entire thread and worried we have picked the wrong cruise line for our first cruise. Husband wears shorts all the time and I'm really worried that he will overheat in jeans on our canary island cruise. We will be respecting the formal rules with regards to dining and drinks. Will we be stopped for wearing shorts in the outside areas (Iona prom deck) after 6pm? Are the hot tubs and pools open after this time? Surely they can't expect us to put jeans on after being in the hot tub? 

There is no dress code on the outer decks, within reason 😉

Don’t forget when inside, everything is air conditioned and can feel quite cool!

On 5/23/2023 at 1:18 PM, Leomins said:

There is no dress code on the outer decks, within reason 😉

Don’t forget when inside, everything is air conditioned and can feel quite cool!

Like..cool Britannia?.🤔

• Haha 1

This one for the gentlemen concerning shirts.

How many shirts including day wear do you pack for the following cruises.

> 7 nights including 2 formals

> 14 nights including 4 formals

> 21 nights including 6 formals

I really don't want to spend hours in the launderette but do want to fit everything in one suitcase.

Any innovative tips and tricks not involving a second person.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I really don't want to spend hours in the launderette but do want to fit everything in one suitcase.

Laundry is best bet. Sometimes special offers. Not overly expensive.

I use the on board laundry via the white bags, in the wardrobes.I fill out the form and give to my cabin steward. 2 days later laundry is washed and ironed and hung back in the wardrobe. Used 3 times on my recent 16 night baltic cruise.

• Like 1

Was in The Range the other day.  They had JML vacuum travel bags, that came with a small compressor.  The compressor is about the size of an espresso cup and uses a USB cable for power so very easy to pack with all your stuff.  I think you get four vacuum bags in total (can't remember the sizes).  About £20.00. 

You would probably need to iron your shirts after taking them out of the vacuum bags, but would not to wash shirts as often as able to take more.

I wanted to get a set, The Ole Lady said no.  I might go back later on my own. 🙂

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

how much is a bag of laundry and how many shirts can you pack in it?

Can you use OBC?

10 items £32.00,individuel prices are also available

Not sure about OBC,having spent mine on day one on combined wine packages.

Hi folks, 

Quick question re. evening casual for guys, specifically on Iona.  Dark denim and a neat polo shirt ok?  Boyfriend hates button-down shirts if he can possibly avoid them.

Worry not, smart suit and posh dresses (for me, not him, though I'm sure he'd look fab in one) will be in evidence on the formal night.

41 minutes ago, Acaila said:

Hi folks, 

Quick question re. evening casual for guys, specifically on Iona.  Dark denim and a neat polo shirt ok?  Boyfriend hates button-down shirts if he can possibly avoid them.

Worry not, smart suit and posh dresses (for me, not him, though I'm sure he'd look fab in one) will be in evidence on the formal night.

He will be fine. Perfectly acceptable attire 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

I will ask the question again, how many shirts do you pack for a 7, 14 and 21 night cruise?

My family would pack 1 per night plus a spare so 8 15 and 22 . We don’t do laundry on holiday. Plus t shirts polos etc.. for day time. Have enough of it at home all year. We only ever cruise out of Southampton and park nearby so luggage no issue. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

My family would pack 1 per night plus a spare so 8 15 and 22 . We don’t do laundry on holiday. Plus t shirts polos etc.. for day time. Have enough of it at home all year. We only ever cruise out of Southampton and park nearby so luggage no issue. 

The laundry is where it all happens. Gossip central, it is! 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Like the time two women arguing over an ironing board ,they set about each other

knocking a neat pile of towels over ... I watched it all unfold in front of me 🙃

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

So true! I've seen actual fisticuffs outside one of the launderettes because of someone putting coffee granules in one of the machines. Long story but it all got violent and 2 families got chucked off. Better than Eastenders! Jane x

• Haha 6