Flights By Celebrity not letting me "Select"

clojacks

Trying to compare FBC with other search vehicles. FBC will produce results, but won't let me Select" a choice on the outbound flight. Anyone else having FBC search problems today? Any suggestions? I'm logged in, I've provided all the requested info, it gives me options to select flights from, but nothing happens when I try to select to get to the return flights.

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

Trying to compare FBC with other search vehicles. FBC will produce results, but won't let me Select" a choice on the outbound flight. Anyone else having FBC search problems today? Any suggestions? I'm logged in, I've provided all the requested info, it gives me options to select flights from, but nothing happens when I try to select to get to the return flights.

Call them on the Phone.  I always research  what I want ahead of time, then call them for a price, which also is a guarantee to get to the ship on time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

Call them on the Phone.  I always research  what I want ahead of time, then call them for a price, which also is a guarantee to get to the ship on time. 

I would reread their term and conditions. No where does it mention that they will get you to the ship “on time”. They will work to get you on the ship, but that could be days later at another port. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

I would reread their term and conditions. No where does it mention that they will get you to the ship “on time”. They will work to get you on the ship, but that could be days later at another port. 

That works.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, clojacks said:

I had this exact problem for a 2020 sailing before Covid hit. I could see flight options, but I could not select. I tried different web browsers, I tried doing it through my wife’s Celebrity account, and I called Celebrity. I also posted this problem on this board. I tried to do it after waiting a week, two weeks, etc. It never got fixed. Eventually the cruise got cancelled. I never had this problem again with my later cruise reservations. 

I used FBC exactly once (June 2022, Mediterranean) but based on the amount of time I spent on the phone it felt like I'd used them for enough cruises to be Zenith.

I can't remember now exactly but at one point I added up all the hours I spent (both on hold and on the phone) with them for 5 people RT Rome.  I think it was between 17 and 19.  It was perhaps the most frustrating customer service experience I've ever had, and I would not book FBC again under any circumstance, ever.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 1:27 AM, mahdnc said:

I had this exact problem for a 2020 sailing before Covid hit. I could see flight options, but I could not select. I tried different web browsers, I tried doing it through my wife’s Celebrity account, and I called Celebrity. I also posted this problem on this board. I tried to do it after waiting a week, two weeks, etc. It never got fixed. Eventually the cruise got cancelled. I never had this problem again with my later cruise reservations. 

I'm still having problems with FBC. I've cleared my cache, tried multiple devices ( other devices I tried...1 IPad, 1 Samsung phone) both returned "account locked" messages. As before, I can search and populate the outbound list, there is no way to check return flights, because I can't click select on any single originating flight. Any ideas of any other solutions that don't involve calling and having them walk me through every flight option and pricing would be helpful. The outbound flights give the appearance of being a few hundred less per ticket on an international flight, but I would like to see return options to know I am comparing apples to apples without having someone read me the flights and prices. That's what a search engine is supposed to do!

44 minutes ago, clojacks said:

I'm still having problems with FBC. I've cleared my cache, tried multiple devices ( other devices I tried...1 IPad, 1 Samsung phone) both returned "account locked" messages. As before, I can search and populate the outbound list, there is no way to check return flights, because I can't click select on any single originating flight. Any ideas of any other solutions that don't involve calling and having them walk me through every flight option and pricing would be helpful. The outbound flights give the appearance of being a few hundred less per ticket on an international flight, but I would like to see return options to know I am comparing apples to apples without having someone read me the flights and prices. That's what a search engine is supposed to do!

Yeah it totally sucks.  For me, it was just an irritation because I ended up booking using my United frequent flyer miles (which I cancelled fee-free when the cruise was COVID cancelled).  However I was worried that it was going to be that way for my future cruises--which it turned out not to be.  So for me it was a one-off that just came and thankfully went.  It is also a very rare occurrence because yours is the only other identical problem as mine that I have read on this board.

52 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Call them...

Have all the options you want checked ready to go...

bon voyage

On 2/18/2023 at 5:44 PM, SFCAcruiser said:

I believe this is a common misunderstanding. I've used FBC a number of times. FBC makes no such "guarantee", at least not in writing. 

Agree -  They do say they will get you to the ship but don't tell you that it could cost you additional.    I missed a flight due to late arrival (not considered an airlines fault)   The airlines put me on a wait list but could not get me to Rome on time.     Called FBC and they said my ticket (pre-covid) was an AA only ticket and could not be transferred to another airline.    I had to quickly book a United ticket using miles to make it on time.  

It is easiest to realize that FBC is nothing more than any other travel agent except have ties to Celebrity.

• Thanks 2

On 2/20/2023 at 6:31 PM, the_dylaness said:

I used FBC exactly once (June 2022, Mediterranean) but based on the amount of time I spent on the phone it felt like I'd used them for enough cruises to be Zenith.

I can't remember now exactly but at one point I added up all the hours I spent (both on hold and on the phone) with them for 5 people RT Rome.  I think it was between 17 and 19.  It was perhaps the most frustrating customer service experience I've ever had, and I would not book FBC again under any circumstance, ever.

I had a similar experience for our recently completed Rome to Tampa Constellation cruise although I think it was for a total of 4-5 hours wait time from a total of 5 calls..  There were minor book keeping errors that needed correction (frequent flyer numbers not attached even though I entered it through their website) a re-pricing check, and initial seat assignments.  These were not major problems but I was on hold for a long long time combined for most of those calls.  I do know if you call in during the off hours the wait time is less.  However if I booked directly with the airlines, I could have done it fairly quickly on the the airline website.

However in all fairness to FBC, I have read multiple posts on Cruise Critic from members who rave about FBC's ability to deal with time urgent problems. 

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Call them...

Have all the options you want checked ready to go...

bon voyage

I understand that, but part of the convenience of a travel search engine is NOT having to call and have someone read to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For what it is worth, @clojacks, here is a description of the "can't-select-a-flight" on FBC problem that I posted on my affected roll call.  No response from anyone came of it.  I cannot find the thread that I started on the same subject when I posted it on the main Celebrity board.  Again, when I did, I got suggestions on how to fix it (that didn't work) but no one else could say that they had seen the problem.

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

For what it is worth, @clojacks, here is a description of the "can't-select-a-flight" on FBC problem that I posted on my affected roll call.  No response from anyone came of it.  I cannot find the thread that I started on the same subject when I posted it on the main Celebrity board.  Again, when I did, I got suggestions on how to fix it (that didn't work) but no one else could say that they had seen the problem.

What is strange, is that I'm at an appt right now and while I was waiting, I thought I'd check on my phone to see if the same thing happens. So, 20 miles from home, on a different device, and it did the same thing. I don't know if this is something unique to my account or to my sailing. I have used FBC before, when it was ChoiceAir, and they were a life saver when we got sent home from Dubai during the first cancellations of COVID.  I just don't get it? I'm not even sure if I should contact Celebrity IT or FBC customer service. Neither appears to be extremely competent.

Based on my single experience, it is a problem that is unique to your reservation and it will not go away.  You will have to call to either try to get the problem fixed (good luck) or to book your flights with FBC.

The reason I said reservation is because I had the same problem when I logged in to Celebrity through my wife's account and went to the FBC page for our reservation.

I think (I cannot remember for sure) that I did NOT have a problem if I tried to do a mock new booking for my affected sailing and chose the option to get a quote for my flights at the same time as I was pricing out the cruise.  You might try experimenting that way.  It doesn't solve the problem but it sheds a little more light on it.  It also allows you to get an idea of pricing without having to call first (it is possible any discounts that you were eligible for may not show up when you search this way and vice versa--that Celebrity discounts on airfare that are in effect for new cruise reservations are not good for your reservation).

Getting there is a not obvious (at least to me).  You have to find the sailing you are interested in and then click on the "View Itinerary" button located on the right side above the blue "Book Now" button.  

image.thumb.png.cacaa5ad7d06609abc56e9690f015c6d.png

This takes you to the itinerary page.  You then you either have to click on the link labeled "Flights" near the top of the itinerary frame or...

image.thumb.png.3251d0ab17929557b137ed2c4d44c983.png

....you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the itinerary page which will bring you to the FBC "Get a Quote" link.

image.thumb.png.94c2032a558361e656f5d8425ec7af38.png

If I remember correctly, I think that method works in that you can select flights. It's worth trying so that you can torture yourself so more.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I had a similar experience for our recently completed Rome to Tampa Constellation cruise although I think it was for a total of 4-5 hours wait time from a total of 5 calls..  There were minor book keeping errors that needed correction (frequent flyer numbers not attached even though I entered it through their website) a re-pricing check, and initial seat assignments.  These were not major problems but I was on hold for a long long time combined for most of those calls.  I do know if you call in during the off hours the wait time is less.  However if I booked directly with the airlines, I could have done it fairly quickly on the the airline website.

However in all fairness to FBC, I have read multiple posts on Cruise Critic from members who rave about FBC's ability to deal with time urgent problems. 

Curious about your comments.   Whenever I've booked with FBC I have been able to go onto the Airlines website and pull up the reservation using the Airlines Record Locator Number.   From there I was able to choose seats, add FF numbers as well a Global Entry Number.   I was also able to order meals.    I could not however change names on the reservation nor make changes to the flights.

I've mostly booked with United, American and Delta.  I hear some airlines like Air Canada and British this is not possible unless you pay additional

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious about your comments.   Whenever I've booked with FBC I have been able to go onto the Airlines website and pull up the reservation using the Airlines Record Locator Number.   From there I was able to choose seats, add FF numbers as well a Global Entry Number.   I was also able to order meals.    I could not however change names on the reservation nor make changes to the flights.

I've mostly booked with United, American and Delta.  I hear some airlines like Air Canada and British this is not possible unless you pay additional

I could not do that.  When I made my United reservations on FBC's website, I entered my FF number and KTN.  After my reservation was made, I could not see it in my United online account.  When I entered the record locator (emailed to me by FBC), I could see it.  I still couldn't add the FF number and KTN.  So I had to call--twice because the phone rep took care of my ticket on the first ticket but didn't do it for my wife--I should have done a quality control check before I hung up to confirm that the work was done from the first call.  There is always a chance that there was a user error on my part 

Another drawback is that the number of frequent flyer miles I got from that reservation was 67% lower than what I would have gotten if I had bought the airfare directly from United for almost the same price (difference in what is awarded for a K class fare vs V class).  There was some savings in the fare by going with FBC but it was largely wiped out because of the extra bag fees that my wife and I had to pay each way--something that we would have avoided if we were to pay with our MileagePlus visa card which you can do if you buy your airfare directly but not when you buy from FBC.

So my learning is that if there is a compelling low price from FBC that I cannot get elsewhere, I will book directly with the airline.  Admittedly one very very nice perk with FBC is not having to commit any money for airfare until final cruise payment.

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

FBC is a consolidator.   As said unless there is a substantial savings book direct.

Yes.  I meant to say in my prior post that unless there is a compelling low price from FBC that I cannot get elsewhere, I would book direct.

To the OP, and anyone else with the same issue?  Did you book through a travel agent?  If so you reservation may be part of their contract promotional group space which will result in you not being allowed to add FBC on the consumer website, however the travel agency can do it on their end w/o calling. As travel agency promotional group space has special booking terms the flights could go unpaid at final and result in the entire block of rooms cancelling for lack of payment, not just the individual booking. This is the #1 reason you may be encountering this issue. 

48 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

To the OP, and anyone else with the same issue?  Did you book through a travel agent?  If so you reservation may be part of their contract promotional group space which will result in you not being allowed to add FBC on the consumer website, however the travel agency can do it on their end w/o calling. As travel agency promotional group space has special booking terms the flights could go unpaid at final and result in the entire block of rooms cancelling for lack of payment, not just the individual booking. This is the #1 reason you may be encountering this issue. 

All of our cruises have been booked through a TA, so yes, we booked through a TA when this problem happened to me. I don't always know if our booking is part of a group space. So your explanation is possible. If so, I'm surprised that more people haven't reported this problem.