Diamond status on Celebrity cruises

Preziosa

4 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Can you have your 4 free drinks in all the bars and restaurants on a Celebrity ship or only in the lounge

Nope. Unlimited CC HH drinks from 5 to 7 PM at most bars. Ship specific. The CC HH Drinks can't be ordered in the dining venues or the theater. 

You can get unlimited drinks between 5 & 7 at any bar except the martini bar or the MDR. Most people will get a drink/wine and bring it in to the dining room with them. 

image.thumb.png.bbe8a9ee7bd97b5c4ab8b49c933087af.png

Edited by amcco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, amcco said:

You can get unlimited drinks between 5 & 7 at any bar except the martini bar or the MDR. Most people will get a drink/wine and bring it in to the dining room with them. 

Can't get the CC HH drinks at the World Class Bar on the ships that have it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zebra36 said:

Been a while since on Celebrity but they were also doing a continental breakfast in one of the specialty resraurants where you could order a cappuccino coffee and a mimosa or other morning type of alcoholic beverage. 

The Elite Breakfast is still being offered and the beverages are still available. 

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The Elite Breakfast is still being offered and the beverages are still available. 

A lovely benefit that we enjoy on Celebrity cruises.  I think that is it great that there is a (partial) reciprocal) agreement for the two lines.  On our first Celebrity cruise we had terrific Elite benefits, as a first timer on the line.   ( We were D or  D+ on RCCL when we took our first Celebrity cruise).   Would be amazing if the reciprocation extended to Elite Plus and Zenith for D+ and Pinnacle, but no.  

M

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

A lovely benefit that we enjoy on Celebrity cruises.  I think that is it great that there is a (partial) reciprocal) agreement for the two lines.  On our first Celebrity cruise we had terrific Elite benefits, as a first timer on the line.   ( We were D or  D+ on RCCL when we took our first Celebrity cruise).   Would be amazing if the reciprocation extended to Elite Plus and Zenith for D+ and Pinnacle, but no.  

M

We also started out as 0 point Elites with Celebrity courtesy of our Royal Caribbean cruises.  We are now just a couple of cruises away from Elite +.

Unfortunately, I am not in agreement that the reciprocal should be changed.  I like that it is capped at Elite/Diamond and that you have to ‘earn’ the higher status the old fashioned way. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We also started out as 0 point Elites with Celebrity courtesy of our Royal Caribbean cruises.  We are now just a couple of cruises away from Elite +.

Unfortunately, I am not in agreement that the reciprocal should be changed.  I like that it is capped at Elite/Diamond and that you have to ‘earn’ the higher status the old fashioned way. 

I agree. 

1 hour ago, Orange jeep said:

I am Diamond on RC, if I take a cruise on Celebrity (never sailed with them before)…do any of my RC benefits apply I.e. 4 drink vouchers?

No.  What you will get are the same benefits as Elite on Celebrity.  

As stated above those are a Happy Hour from 5 pm to 7 pm except embarkation day, where drinks from a selected list, are available in most bars, with the World Class Bar and I believe the Martini Bar excluded, as they do not stock the beverages on the Elite Happy Hour list.  There is not limit to the number of drinks, just the hours they are available. 
Note that happy hour drinks are not served in any of the dining venues. 

Additionally, as also mentioned above, there is an Elite Breakfast each morning, where in addition to a continental breakfast you can get smoothies, cappuccinos, and a couple of drinks that include alcohol such as mimosa’s. 

16 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Been a while since on Celebrity but they were also doing a continental breakfast in one of the specialty resraurants where you could order a cappuccino coffee and a mimosa or other morning type of alcoholic beverage. 

Yes! We've ordered mimosas, bellinis, and bloody mary's for breakfast...so technically, you can start that happy hour(s) in the morning. :classic_smile:

* Also champagne served on embarkation.

1 hour ago, teddie said:

Do you gain points that count towards RCI if you sail on Celebrity? ANd vice versa? We are Diamond right now.

Thanks,

Teddie

Sorry, no.

(Wished it did...we love both Celebrity and RCCL)

Diamond, Diamond Plus, & Pinnacle = Elite on Celebrity.

Elite, Elite Plus, & Zenith = Diamond on RCCL.

1 minute ago, bonsai3s said:

Sorry, no.

(Wished it did...we love both Celebrity and RCCL)

Diamond, Diamond Plus, & Pinnacle = Elite on Celebrity.

Elite, Elite Plus, & Zenith = Diamond on RCCL.

Thanks for this info. I won't ever get to D+ so I may try Celebrity.

Teddie

2 hours ago, teddie said:

Do you gain points that count towards RCI if you sail on Celebrity? ANd vice versa? We are Diamond right now.

Thanks,

Teddie

Though as diamond on RC you will be Elite on Celebrity, you start with zero points on your Celebrity programme. You Celebrity points go to your Celebrity programme (Captain's Club). 

No equivalent to Diamond Lounge so no happy hour snacks. You get your happy hour drinks (5 to 7pm) in most bars

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Though as diamond on RC you will be Elite on Celebrity, you start with zero points on your Celebrity programme. You Celebrity points go to your Celebrity programme (Captain's Club?). 

No equivalent to Diamond Lounge so no happy hour snacks. You get your happy hour drinks (5 to 7pm) in most bars

Thank you for this info.

teddie

20 minutes ago, teddie said:

Thanks for this info. I won't ever get to D+ so I may try Celebrity.

Teddie

You're welcome.

* You get free laundry at Elite on Celebrity...you'll need to get to D+ to get free laundry with Royal. That said, IMHO, RCCL has one of the best loyalty program in the industry.

• Like 2