Johnny Rocket Milk Shake

Does anyone know for sure, if the milk shake is included in either the unlimited dining package or with the Diamond Plus Drinks?? Last cruise on Harmony I thought it was, ordered and was then told no it's not included in either. Few days later, saw a couple enjoying their shakes at the aqua show, so I asked how much they were, they said we got them for free with our Diamond status. I seem to get a different answer from different people. 

13 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

Does anyone know for sure, if the milk shake is included in either the unlimited dining package or with the Diamond Plus Drinks?? Last cruise on Harmony I thought it was, ordered and was then told no it's not included in either. Few days later, saw a couple enjoying their shakes at the aqua show, so I asked how much they were, they said we got them for free with our Diamond status. I seem to get a different answer from different people. 

We were asked if we wanted to use our D+ vouchers on Symphony in November.  We didn't use it but I kinda wish we did since it was pretty meh and not worth the hype.

• Like 2

When I was on Adventure back in September, I could use the D vouchers for milkshakes at Johnny Rockets, but not at Ben & Jerrys.  Ironically, the ones at Johnny Rockets actually have a higher price point than Ben & Jerrys.

7 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

We were asked if we wanted to use our D+ vouchers on Symphony in November.  We didn't use it but I kinda wish we did since it was pretty meh and not worth the hype.

Exactly.

* Order a "Mudslide" from any bar...if you're ni$e...it gets better and stronger. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

Drink voucher on last 3 cruises.

• 2 months later...

Hubby just boarded Adventure today and on the D+ onboard benefits it now says 5 drinks daily up to $14 (excludes Starbucks and Johnny Rocket milkshakes). First time we've seen that. He was just on Adventure a few weeks ago and was able to use a voucher a couple of days to get a free shake.

IMG_6206.jpeg

Edited by ace1zoe2

2 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Hubby just boarded Adventure today and on the D+ onboard benefits it now says 5 drinks daily up to $14 (excludes Starbucks and Johnny Rocket milkshakes). First time we've seen that. He was just on Adventure a few weeks ago and was able to use a voucher a couple of days to get a free shake.

IMG_6206.jpeg

I was going to mention the exact same thing.  We got that on our Oasis cruise last March as well.  Our kids, who are Diamond members, were permitted to use their Diamond vouchers for shakes at JRs, but not those 21 and older.  Just had my kids use one of their vouchers occasionally to get me a shake (I paid for their Diamond status, so it is the least they could do)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I was going to mention the exact same thing.  We got that on our Oasis cruise last March as well.  Our kids, who are Diamond members, were permitted to use their Diamond vouchers for shakes at JRs, but not those 21 and older.  Just had my kids use one of their vouchers occasionally to get me a shake (I paid for their Diamond status, so it is the least they could do)

March 2022 on the Oasis, my kids (10 and 11) were told they could not use their Diamond vouchers for the shakes at JR.   Maybe if they tried again the next day they would have gotten a different answer.  They still got their shakes and it was free for them either way..... 😁

Mike

30 minutes ago, mandream said:

March 2022 on the Oasis, my kids (10 and 11) were told they could not use their Diamond vouchers for the shakes at JR.   Maybe if they tried again the next day they would have gotten a different answer.  They still got their shakes and it was free for them either way..... 😁

Mike

I'm seeing the same thing ... in writing. Above yes refreshment pkg can be used.

But Johnny Rockets says excluded from all vouchers on adventure.  It's on the paper in your cabin, vouchers cannot be used for it. 

20230428_132629394.jpeg

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm seeing the same thing ... in writing. Above yes refreshment pkg can be used.

But Johnny Rockets says excluded from all vouchers on adventure.  It's on the paper in your cabin, vouchers cannot be used for it. 

20230428_132629394.jpeg

Not disagreeing or complaining.  Just commenting in response to all the posts above where people were able to use their vouchers.

If I can't afford the milkshake, I probably shouldn't be on the cruise.

3 hours ago, mandream said:

Not disagreeing or complaining.  Just commenting in response to all the posts above where people were able to use their vouchers.

If I can't afford the milkshake, I probably shouldn't be on the cruise.

My kids are Diamond members and get 4 free drinks per day.  They like JRs shakes.  Why would I be dumb enough to pay for their shakes when they are able to get up to 4 per day per kids with their vouchers?  Maybe I am missing something in your comment?

2 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

My kids are Diamond members and get 4 free drinks per day.  They like JRs shakes.  Why would I be dumb enough to pay for their shakes when they are able to get up to 4 per day per kids with their vouchers?  Maybe I am missing something in your comment?

It could be new that you can no longer use vouchers for the milk shakes. I just saw it posted today as NEW. 

Just because you could before doesnt mean going forward you can. Who knows if its ship specific but that letter says JR excluded. Nothing to do with being smart or dumb.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It could be new that you can no longer use vouchers for the milk shakes. I just saw it posted today as NEW. 

Just because you could before doesnt mean going forward you can. Who knows if its ship specific but that letter says JR excluded. Nothing to do with being smart or dumb.

We had that exact same letter in our cabin on the Oasis in March.  Each adult Diamond member had the same paper explicitly saying they could not use the vouchers in JR.  Our kids' letters about their Diamond benefits had no such stipulation.  We went to JR and they said there was no problem for the kids to use their vouchers in JR.  We never asked if we could use our vouchers there since the letter we received in our cabin was very specific that you could not.  I have heard of people on different ships getting different answers.  All I can say is that on Oasis a few weeks ago, kids could use Diamond vouchers in JR for shakes and you could also get shakes with the Refreshment package.  (the same applied to smoothies at the Spa, but adults COULD use their Diamond vouchers there for smoothies.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I think you are reading too much into my comment.

I agree with you - if they were getting them for free, of course why would you pay for them.  All I am saying is that on our Oasis cruise a year ago our kids were told they couldn't use their vouchers so I paid for them  - no big deal.

My original post was more to point out the inconsistency that over a wide timeframe of about 15 months, there have been mixed results in being able to use vouchers at JR.

My only JR disappointment on that cruise was that they hadn't yet started (or had started and stooped) opening for breakfast post restart.  We were looking forward to going for breakfast.

Mike