Daily Activities Schedules to Compare?

aspencreek

Does anyone know if there is a way to preview the schedules of daily activities on some of the various ships on different cruise lines?  I've seen some video reviewers mention how much they prefer the daily activities (like lecturers or classes offered) on some cruise lines way more than other lines.  But all I can see when visiting the cruise line websites is a list of ship features like how many pools or rides or nightclubs, etc.  I know once ON the ship you can get access to the daily schedules, but would really like to preview and compare before booking so I can have at least a rough idea of what will be offered once we sail.  Thanks!

Ok, will try that.  Is the activities on offer something that you all use as a consideration for which cruise line to book?  Only ever done 2 cruises and both were on Royal.  They had a good mix, but worried that if I booked Carnival it would be all belly-flop contests and line dancing, or Cunard might be all wine-tasting and book reviews.  So just trying to figure out how to find the right cruise for us.

I'm more interested in the ship itinerary and general ship ambiance when it comes to bookings.  Can't say I've ever looked at an activity sheet before boarding.  But if you go to the boards for the lines you may be interested in, you'll likely find live reviews of current or recent sailings. You can check for activity sheets there.

• Like 1

Never have looked at an activity sheet prior to boarding. General entertainment...music or entertainers do matter to us, but those are cruise line styles, and they are discussed on the cruise line boards.

We are more interested in the ports visiting and overall destinations.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Never have looked at an activity sheet prior to boarding. General entertainment...music or entertainers do matter to us, but those are cruise line styles, and they are discussed on the cruise line boards.

We are more interested in the ports visiting and overall destinations.

Agree...Many times onboard we don't participate in any onboard activities. We cruise for the itinerary.

2 hours ago, aspencreek said:

Ok, will try that.  Is the activities on offer something that you all use as a consideration for which cruise line to book?  Only ever done 2 cruises and both were on Royal.  They had a good mix, but worried that if I booked Carnival it would be all belly-flop contests and line dancing, or Cunard might be all wine-tasting and book reviews.  So just trying to figure out how to find the right cruise for us.

If you go to the Carnival board here, there is a review just finishing where the member did A b2B on two different ships.  The member is @Jamman54.  He has posted the daily activity sheets for nearly every day.  There are reviews and Live From threads on other boards doing the same thing.  Do a little surfing among the boards…. EM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aspencreek said:

That's perfect, thank you!  Gives me a great idea now what a Holland day would look like after viewing those programs.  

When we take long HAL cruises (we have done a few over 60 days) we know to load up our Kindles.

Hank

• Like 1

The question seems to be answered, but in summary there are four ways to find out what activities are on a specific sailing:

* Join the roll call and ask

* Ask on the general board for the cruise line

* Look for threads from others on the same or a similar sailing; sometimes they post daily newsletters

* Check on the app; Celebrity and Princess will load some activities early and they can be previewed

In addition, on music charters, the charter company will make available a detailed schedule of it's events.

I used to be much more interested in the specific events that were happening, but as I've gained experience, I find that a lot of the activities are similar from sailing to sailing - even across cruise lines.

P.S. Yes, Carnival offers more than belly flops and line dancing.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

13 hours ago, aspencreek said:

That's perfect, thank you!  Gives me a great idea now what a Holland day would look like after viewing those programs.  

13 hours ago, whogo said:

The-Inside-Cabin is posting all the Daily Programs from Holland America's Zuiderdam world Cruise: https://www.theinsidecabin.com/2023-world-cruise-itinerary/

Keep in mind this is a world cruise and has many more activities and special events that you won't find on shorter sailings.