Solstice Aqua Cabin 1547 (A1?) Question...

Bo1953

Hello all, I have been assigned this cabin for a sailing in 2025 and it is to be an A1...

It is under the Spa Cafe and do wonder about noise or I need not worry it???

As best as I can tell, most A1's are currently booked BUT in the interest planning ahead, which cabins need I keep an eye out for just in case its' current place holder cancels OR do not worry as the noise will not be an issue???

Our first time in Aqua Class....

TIA and bon voyage

I've sailed this cabin on Eclipse.  I keep some notes to help me choose in the future.  My notes say it has a larger balcony, but there was window washing equipment off to the side (my notes are not clear if this was forward or aft).  That may or may not be the case on Solstice.  I didn't make any comments about being bothered by noise, which I would have, had it been an issue.

• Thanks 1

I was in 1539, just a few cabins away.  If you are sensitive to noise, you will hear the scraping of chairs, tables, etc. from the Spa Cafe above.  We weren’t too bothered by it. Better locations for A1 are from the midship elevators and back, as those are beneath other cabins and not public areas.  IMHO!   I did enjoy being on deck 11 and quick access to the pool, sky lounge, etc.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Hello all, I have been assigned this cabin for a sailing in 2025 and it is to be an A1...

It is under the Spa Cafe and do wonder about noise or I need not worry it???

As best as I can tell, most A1's are currently booked BUT in the interest planning ahead, which cabins need I keep an eye out for just in case its' current place holder cancels OR do not worry as the noise will not be an issue???

Our first time in Aqua Class....

TIA and bon voyage

Bo,

I try to get cabins above me.  As this cabin is below the Aqua Spa Cafe, you may hear sounds as the Cafe opens at 7 am and they need to get ready for cruisers.   Much may depend if you are a light sleeper.

As this cabin has a larger balcony, maybe you could sleep out there and enjoy the sounds of the sea. 😀

You will like Aqua  Class.  

Bon Voyage.

• Thanks 1

Bo-  here's a view from a tool on CruiseDeckPans

You may hear a bit of noise but the area of you cabin is one of the best location for being under the Aqua Spa Cafe-    Right at the entrance.    You may still hear some scraping when they clean the decks but but better than one we once had right underneath the food service area where we heard lots of noise.

image.thumb.png.db2fee153531caf56dc29639fda7311c.png

image.thumb.png.cd97ee3a951c9179e4788c9c147fceb8.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

We were in 1547 on EC. I do not remember the noise as to where I would not book again. The balcony is also very large, which is why we booked it.

the window washing equipment causes minimal obstruction, on EC it was off to the side.

I like shade bit the overhang makes taking a good sunset picture a bit challenging.

• Thanks 1

@phoenix_dream@KikiKruiser@keesar@Jim_Iain@lovecruzin

Thank you one and all for your invaluable input...

I do feel much better about the cabin than before posting, as most of the 'independent' reviews were from 2019 - 2020, for this cabin only and could find nothing in this forum from recent sailings either.

Much appreciated....

bon voyage

We were in that cabin once when they decided to schedule Silent Disco one night starting at 11PM (after they had dragged chairs out of the area for an hour) in the Aqua Spa area!  it was like a herd of elephants on top of us.  We complained vociferously to Guest Relations and they never did it again.  Hopefully the moron who scheduled that is no longer with Celebrity.  Barring that, we found it to be a lovely large balcony.  Is it the only slanted balcony lleft in A1?  If you could, I would go for 1604 - 1610 or 1599 - 1605.  We have been in some of those also and they are lovley.

As others have said, you will really enjoy AQ.

• Thanks 1

I’ll just got off celebrity solstice if cabin 1552 on the other side of the hallway is available try that one it is underneath the solarium but in the quiet area underneath that blank spot in the diagram, it was wonderful I didn’t hear any noise.

Edited by cnkgirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We were in that cabin once when they decided to schedule Silent Disco one night starting at 11PM (after they had dragged chairs out of the area for an hour) in the Aqua Spa area!  it was like a herd of elephants on top of us.  We complained vociferously to Guest Relations and they never did it again.  Hopefully the moron who scheduled that is no longer with Celebrity.  Barring that, we found it to be a lovely large balcony.  Is it the only slanted balcony lleft in A1?  If you could, I would go for 1604 - 1610 or 1599 - 1605.  We have been in some of those also and they are lovley.

As others have said, you will really enjoy AQ.

That's so strange!  I've never heard Silent Disco taking place there, and usually they start at 10pm rather than 11.  Glad you gave feedback to Guest Relations.  Too many folks complain (here and elsewhere) but don't try to handle the problems onboard where you would have better luck.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, cnkgirl said:

I’ll just got off celebrity solstice if cabin 1552 on the other side of the hallway is available try that one it is underneath the solarium but in the quiet area underneath that blank spot in the diagram, it was wonderful I didn’t hear any noise.

We have that 1552 cabin for a fall Solstice trip.  Thanks for the noise info.  I take it the little bit of window cleaning equipment was not a problem? 

On 3/5/2023 at 9:30 AM, Bo1953 said:

I would opt to move. The window washing equipment will partially obstruct your view. You'll also have the noise from up above.

Best Solstice AQ cabins imo are: 1601, 1606, 1603, 1608, 1605 and 1610. You'll be close to the midship elevators and have fantastically large balconies that are private.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 2:18 PM, Chardonnay Char said:

We have that 1552 cabin for a fall Solstice trip.  Thanks for the noise info.  I take it the little bit of window cleaning equipment was not a problem? 

No the window cleaning was not a problem at all, It was a lot more visible right in front of the balcony 1554 a lot worse there, I was in that cabin also the week prior. 1552  is a nice quiet room with a great big balcony 😊

Edited by cnkgirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 7:05 PM, Bo1953 said:

Hello all - happy to report that I have been able to score cabin 1601....

Thank you one and all for your input...

bon voyage

Have you sailed yet in cabin 1601?   We are on the Eclipse in June 2024 in cabin 1606 right across from 1601. 

On 3/7/2023 at 7:05 PM, Bo1953 said:

Hello all - happy to report that I have been able to score cabin 1601....

Thank you one and all for your input...

bon voyage

Hi Bo.. (an original EDGIE!)

Glad you moved!

From what we have heard (but not personally experienced) , an even  worse  area  would be the Cafe prep kitchen in the back..  Lately,  they serve fewer " cooked " foods and have limited hours, but we stay away from kitchens and bar areas! (supplies, extra noise)

Best regards...Hcat

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Have you sailed yet in cabin 1601?   We are on the Eclipse in June 2024 in cabin 1606 right across from 1601. 

Yes, last Aug/Sept 2023...

Quiet and easy access to elevators and stairs.

bon voyage

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:09 PM, taylortime05 said:

We have. Great location and no issues 

• Like 1