Cheap & CUTE MEDALLION HOLDERS

mrsmacadam

On 3/5/2023 at 9:29 PM, nimiq said:

If anyone has good amazone ones with pictures would be appreciated .

‘Thanks

Sea Ya 

‘Eric 

I used these in November, no issues

https://www.amazon.ca/Finyosee-Silicone-Compatible-Colorful-Bracelet/dp/B098799DTC/ref=sr_1_29?crid=2CUSYE6G7SOSO&keywords=airtag+holder+wristband&qid=1678663483&sprefix=airtag+holder+wr%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-29 

9B084BB7-D9C0-416F-B3BE-87A8E69296F7.jpeg

Edited by jaycruising

On 3/6/2023 at 10:13 AM, conifercruiser said:

Does anyone know if a medallion fits in a Disney Magic Band? I have a few of those….

I have holders that I got off Amazon and I will say the holder I have will hold a medallion or the magic band piece (that you take out)

Edited by AbbyGirl

we had a clip holder for our 2019 Princess medallion.

20220923_085417.thumb.jpg.340198854162ac0416e18ce636a69adb.jpg

We bought these "watch" air tag/fitbit zip holders for our 2022 cruise: they worked great, except for one thing - my DH, despite having thinner wrists that mine, was unhappy about the length. Too tight he said. We chose the ones with watch like closure instead of button closure, because the latter are said to open on their own....

20220923_085613.thumb.jpg.f40f9851977f95f7f6540c5cfd5b819e.jpg20220923_085728.thumb.jpg.99be04bac414ce5df3a608fc2b6ec6b5.jpg20220923_091146.thumb.jpg.276300e615473b7fc706d542df6affdf.jpg

Despite having different length in the description, they were all the same (two different sellers):

20220928_154340.thumb.jpg.6aef1b6f568c383e67aab2310d76d014.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B51V1565/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 3/5/2023 at 6:34 PM, mrsmacadam said:

The Princess Medallions are the same size as Apple Air Tags. Any Air Tag cases/holders/key chains/bands will hold your Medallion Securely. Although I found cute cat ones at a Forever 21 clearance for $1, Temu has a wide selection under $2. 

I went to.the apple store and the medallions are much smaller than airtags. The medalion will fit in the rubber styles cases but none of the rigid ones would hold the airbag. The salesperson and I tried it in every accessory they had in the store

• Like 1

I'm not interested in a holder for my medallion unless someone can tell me simply leaving it in my pocket won't lock/unlock the cabin door. I can understand the attraction for some folks, but my needs are pretty minimal.

If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

On 3/6/2023 at 6:36 AM, talkorpi said:

I just purchased a nicer lanyard that looks like a necklace for my mother as opposed to spending $45 for the pendant offered by Princess.  It was pretty cheap and I think it will look great.

61i56-4wpML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BCSHSQG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

my chain broke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm not interested in a holder for my medallion unless someone can tell me simply leaving it in my pocket won't lock/unlock the cabin door. I can understand the attraction for some folks, but my needs are pretty minimal.

If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you.

Doug

Women don't always have pockets to use. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Women don't always have pockets to use. 

Ah,  but I am not of the fairer sex, and I always wear something with pockets. My wife's needs are taken care of with a lanyard on which she wears her medallion.

Doug

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Ah,  but I am not of the fairer sex, and I always wear something with pockets. My wife's needs are taken care of with a lanyard on which she wears her medallion.

Doug

I just despise those lanyards.... but that's just me. I have it attached to my shirt. 

I've found a few in the swimming pool. 😄

On 3/13/2023 at 11:07 AM, AbbyGirl said:

I have holders that I got off Amazon and I will say the holder I have will hold a medallion or the magic band piece (that you take out)

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to figure out how to pop that Magic Band piece out - those things are really tight in there 🤔!

22 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

My wife's needs are taken care of with a lanyard on which she wears her medallion.

My wife and/or Daughter's needs are taken care of by their favorite pack mule. Which would be Me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:31 PM, conifercruiser said:

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to figure out how to pop that Magic Band piece out - those things are really tight in there 🤔!

There are screws on the back that you need to take out first

On 3/6/2023 at 7:46 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Which means that they are not truly the same size.  Air tags are slightly bigger...which is why some people are saying that their medallions pop out too easily while using an air tag holder.

I use Air Tag holders and there is no way in the world the Medallion could ever "pop out" of it. They have a clip - which my wife uses - but I generally still keep it in my pocket. The holders are inexpensive and come in a wide variety of colors. The Medallion fits very snugly in the holder.

https://strapsco.com/product/clip-for-apple-airtag/

Medallions.jpg

Back of Clip.jpg

On 3/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, martinitime1 said:

I use something similar.  It works for the medallion and for ship cards (on other cruiselines).  I found a store that was selling these for people that needed to wear ID badges all the time so I found a cute one with flip flops.  The snap part fit through the loop on the medallion case just fine.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:36 AM, talkorpi said:

I just purchased a nicer lanyard that looks like a necklace for my mother as opposed to spending $45 for the pendant offered by Princess.  It was pretty cheap and I think it will look great.

61i56-4wpML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BCSHSQG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

How does the Medallion fit inside?

Tom😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

How does the Medallion fit inside?

Tom😀

Hi Tom,

This is basically a replacement for the lanyard.  The little hoop thing is actually a keyring that we just took off.  At the bottom of the "pendant" there is a metal clip just like the cheap lanyards that are included with the medallion.  We just popped the medallion into the little plastic holder they sent and then clipped it onto the bottom of the pendant lanyard.  It looks nice and makes a great option if you still wanted a lanyard-style holder but wanted something a little more discrete without paying the $50 for a pendant on the ship!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:30 AM, ColoradoMom!! said:

My husband used this on his watch from Amazon:

Luke3DP Watch Adapter 

51gFheHFeqL._AC_UX679_.jpeg

Upvote for this one. I wear this with my Apple Watch, though I found wearing it behind the watch face worked better for me. It is difficult for me to get my medallion in and out of this, so it definitely holds the Medallion securely.

• Like 1