Elite Happy Hour

TMaine

42 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I am not sure what you are asking. The elite happy hour has a martini on the menu which can be ordered from most bars from 5 to 7 PM.

often, the martini bar is excluded from those bars which will serve you Elite happy hour drinks.

on the beverage package, if you order a drink over the price limit, you pay the difference plus gratuity.

does that make it clearer?

I cannot get a martini 🍸 with the drinks package, but I can during HH - but has been said it is made with House hooch so presumably not the same quality as you would receive in the Martini Bar?  

Edited by little britain

On 3/9/2023 at 9:26 AM, Oxo said:

Maybe it depends on ship. When they had vouchers, I used them in the MDR to order a glass of wine. You got a vouchers.

There is no such thing as always. LOL

Funny, In over 20 years I've never been on a Celebrity cruise that had vouchers.  Must have missed that.

20 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

You can only get the drinks they list specifically for HH, which are the cheapest grade of alcohol. None of them will be over $10 drinks. In other words, this perk is useless if you have a drink package.

We've often asked for other drinks, not top shelf, and they've been happy to accomodate.  We do not have a drink package.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, TMaine said:

Thank you, do you know which bars on Equinox?  We do not have a drink package.  Where they just ask room numbers now when ordering drinks, they wouldn't see that on our cards so I guess I just whip it out and say elite happy hour?  Is the drink menu posted somewhere?  I don't see it on the app.  Is there a copy out at the bars that offer the happy hour drinks?  

All bars except: world class, Cellar Masters/Craft Social (the new name for CM on revitalised ships) and in any dining room.

You can take your drinks into the Dining Rooms.

There is a printed list in every bar. Just show your cards.

You can also get unopened bottles of water/sodas from the same bars during Happy Hour - if you want several you might have to more than 1 bar, we get our water at Al Bacio .

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

All bars except: world class, Cellar Masters/Craft Social (the new name for CM on revitalised ships) and in any dining room.

You can take your drinks into the Dining Rooms.

There is a printed list in every bar. Just show your cards.

You can also get unopened bottles of water/sodas from the same bars during Happy Hour - if you want several you might have to more than 1 bar, we get our water at Al Bacio .

I am now Elite. My sig other in the same cabin is not. I understand since he is my cabin mate, he is also eligible for the elite HH drinks. Is this correct? Ty in advance.

1 hour ago, CU64 said:

I am now Elite. My sig other in the same cabin is not. I understand since he is my cabin mate, he is also eligible for the elite HH drinks. Is this correct? Ty in advance.

If you are married contact Captains Club and get his status changed to match yours - this changed status will only apply when you travel on the same reservation. If not the application of the rules seems t to change from ship to ship. Lots of reports saying yes all benefits honoured, some say none and some say some. As always once on the ship if his Card doesn't show Elite ask politely, without "ranting", if there is anything that can be done. Remember you catch more flies with sugar than with salt. Have a great cruise.

Martini Bar was not on the list of bars for Elite Happy Hour on the Summit this spring and the HH menu excluded Martini Bar..  Will be on Apex in December and one of our well-traveled members said that the Martini Bar on Apex was a bar we could visit during HH.  Now I read in prior emails above that it is not.  

Has anyone recently sailed on Apex and utilized the HH? Does someone have a copy of the HH menu showing excluded bars?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, dazey said:

Martini Bar was not on the list of bars for Elite Happy Hour on the Summit this spring and the HH menu excluded Martini Bar..  Will be on Apex in December and one of our well-traveled members said that the Martini Bar on Apex was a bar we could visit during HH.  Now I read in prior emails above that it is not.  

Has anyone recently sailed on Apex and utilized the HH? Does someone have a copy of the HH menu showing excluded bars?

Thanks.

Looking at our CC welcome aboard perk/benefit flier from our March 2023 Apex cruise. On that cruise the CC HH was excluded from the Magic Carpet, Craft Social and all restaurants. Like always also no CC HH on embarkation day. 

Edited by doghog

12 hours ago, CU64 said:

The person sharing the cabin must live at the same address and there cannot be another using status listed at your address. If the cabin mate lives else where then they can attend elite events with you but do not get the other perks like drinks , laundry, wifi. If the drinks are served at a closed event then they can drink

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

The person sharing the cabin must live at the same address and there cannot be another using status listed at your address. If the cabin mate lives else where then they can attend elite events with you but do not get the other perks like drinks , laundry, wifi. If the drinks are served at a closed event then they can drink

How do they verify the address for the second (non-Elite) member? I always thought the second person in the cabin shared the higher status of their cabin mate.

Edited by jayoldschool

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We live at the same address. Ty

11 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Not so. When we traveled with my sister and brother in law, we made the reservations so I shared with my B in Law and my wife with my sister thereby giving all of us the Elite+ benefits. Once on the ship we simply changed cabins and had extra cards for the doors. We set up the onboard accounts so that the charges were allocated correctly. This solution was recommended by the Captain's Club.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Not so. When we traveled with my sister and brother in law, we made the reservations so I shared with my B in Law and my wife with my sister thereby giving all of us the Elite+ benefits. Once on the ship we simply changed cabins and had extra cards for the doors. We set up the onboard accounts so that the charges were allocated correctly. This solution was recommended by the Captain's Club.

a rare exception . It was done years ago and stopped due to cheaters

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, TMaine said:

Fantastic!  Next can you search and tell me how many threads there are about chair hogs??  Thanks!!

While chair hogs could be a problem, it always amazes me to see people walking to the pool at 11AM thinking it will be easy to find seating.  If you have a problem and are a late sleeper, consider a cabana which will provide you with reserved seating. 

• Thanks 1

So what's the real story here? Should I contact Captain's Club before my sailing to get my non-elite cabin mate upped to elite for the cruise, or go see the rep once on board? I specifically took a non-drink package so we could take advantage of my elite benefits (breakfast/HH, etc).

1 minute ago, jayoldschool said:

So what's the real story here? Should I contact Captain's Club before my sailing to get my non-elite cabin mate upped to elite for the cruise, or go see the rep once on board? I specifically took a non-drink package so we could take advantage of my elite benefits (breakfast/HH, etc).

Talk with the CC concierge once you are onboard. 

26 minutes ago, jayoldschool said:

I would call X and say you want to make a booking travelling with a non Elite partner, what benefits would your companion have, who should you contact and when. Armed with that you will be able to decide the best course of action. 

On 8/22/2023 at 8:38 AM, little britain said:

I cannot get a martini 🍸 with the drinks package, but I can during HH - but has been said it is made with House hooch so presumably not the same quality as you would receive in the Martini Bar?  

We paid for our martini at the martini bar on our edge cruise in March the first night because happy hour is not available. We had the bartender make it with kettle one .He tried to talk us into the beverage package,(BCC cruise )but told him that we were elite plus and would be doing the happy hour menu going forward. We tipped him well. The next night at happy hour he made our dirty martinis with kettle one and every night after. And never charge us extra. We tipped them all very well through out the cruise because our drinks were all free so why not !! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayoldschool said:

They don't get upped to elite . they get admission to elite events that you go to only/.. So yes to the breakfast and events but no to evening drinks , laundry and wifi

• Like 1