Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

Good afternoon. 

The minute the opened the doors we were early birds and easily walked off the ship. 

We went to the pool beach. Got a chair in prime real estate. 
Consumed one frozen ( melted) strawberry daiquiri. 

We were told we could use any devices signed up for because island has capabilities. 

Food was typical picnic food. 

I had a steak hoagie. Had some unknown spice in it. Took one bite. That was enough. Ended up with a grilled Cuban sandwich. 

Cucumber and tomato salad. 
Water and Diet Coke. 

Got very HOT, left to come back to ship at noon. 

See many individual groups of teens. Riding elevators. Camping out at Sorrentos, no real problems. Easy to ignore. 

If I can live thru the 15 y/p curse. Quincinterra ) sp). I can survive these youngsters. 

Tonight comedy club. 

still having some issues posting pictures. 

13:43

lionesss 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was at The Players golf tournament all day and fell way behind here.  Seems like for every 2 pages I read, another page of posts appeared.  You guys are off to a great start. Cheers!

Glad they didn’t wind up finishing this morning in the rain!

The weekend  turned out great. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Our balcony. Actually standing on Laura's side.

Ken got us both these cabins last Dec. and again this August...loved the balcony.

We left a small note for ourselves under the felt in the safe(12629), is it still there?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

See many individual groups of teens. Riding elevators. Camping out at Sorrentos, no real problems. Easy to ignore. 

We heard there’s some sort of band camp group this sailing. I’ve heard all about the band camp from the American pie movie. Watch out for the flute girl. 

Now, if it’s the Italian youth club, they’ll be pretty sad hanging out at Sorrento’s.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Download seems to be consistent 

9954ADB9-97B9-4927-B776-9191F6ED3C8D.jpeg

Royal needs to work on the upload speeds. Here is my report from Oasis in December and Harmony in February. 

813DB39C-B7A1-47DF-BE5C-4F1B1B8D5AED.thumb.png.53dfd4e387568607525fb864c7f335ed.png

12/11 - 12/14 is Oasis. That wasn’t bad but could be better. 

2/20 - 2/22 was Harmony last month. It was horrible. Ignore the one with the 12.7 upload. That was the free Wi-Fi at Mambo Beach which was also Starlink. Royal has some work to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Whistle while at work!

D1BBF376-16E8-4C34-B4C6-1AF52EB8B7BE.thumb.jpeg.d4f28abca5685f932591dd7f381032af.jpeg

Whistle Pig Rye. Haven’t seen it on board. Had it here though.

Cheers!

Check the Trellis Bar for Whistle Pig.  I thought I saw it there but can't remember if that was Oasis in Dec. or Harmony last month.

• Like 1

Beautiful day on Coco Cay, we are here with Explorer, sounds like they have more college spring breakers onboard.  Lagoon pool was full of them.  We found a good spot on south beach and relaxed.  Stopped by the pool on the way back to the ship, the buffet and Captain Jack's for a little music.  A few drinks may have been consumed along the way.  

A few pics, didn't take too many.

Welcome to Coco Cay

20230313_085902.thumb.jpg.309d8e69c094b8052ea9e3e4c9da1f9c.jpg

South beach floating bar and new table, made it out there for a drink.

20230313_121909.thumb.jpg.980979ea02f7c60c6a4f22482204a4f3.jpg

Heading back

20230313_141038.thumb.jpg.0829b1bdd46db11fb7c285b177feba07.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Whistle while at work!

D1BBF376-16E8-4C34-B4C6-1AF52EB8B7BE.thumb.jpeg.d4f28abca5685f932591dd7f381032af.jpeg

Whistle Pig Rye. Haven’t seen it on board. Had it here though.

Cheers!

OOOO!!  Gonna have to sneak in one of those when DW isn't looking. 🤫She's restricting me to mocktails and 1/2 glass of wine at dinner, maybe.  As long as my gout doesn't flair up I should be ok.

No beer though.☹️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Those slides really ruin the look of the ship. Completely loses the sleek lines of the ship when taking a photo of the ship from the side. Silly looking as high as it is.

Bit it's cool when your on it

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I rediscovered a drink I had not had in many years when we were on Harmony last month. 

Order a "sidecar" .. they are delicious. 

I still believe the zacapa or rum old fashioned belongs on the list too. 

Rum Old Fashioned is on there. Very tasty in Schooner Bar

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We were in 11629 for a couple weeks last year, and the crew access area next door, was very noisy starting around 5 am. 

Have you noticed much noise in your cabin?

Yes, but didn't start until after breakfast. Generally no noise at night

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

That date is perfect for us as long as we stay healthy😀 I just booked Harmony for April 2024 Western out of Galveston. 

I gotta keep Bella healthy, and I need to survive the UWC

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ramja96 said:

How's this working out for you, @John&LaLa? Question: Does it have to stay connected to your device to maintain its use as a router/hotspot?  I got one for our Grandeur sailing in 11 days and wonder if it's above my pay grade. 

Haven't tried it yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OACAggie said:

Ken got us both these cabins last Dec. and again this August...loved the balcony.

We left a small note for ourselves under the felt in the safe(12629), is it still there?

OMG

20230313_153751.thumb.jpg.bed0083e0692baf04856b5b1c602c2bd.jpg

I'll add a drink list 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Music Hall, AKA Diamond Lounge.

Not sure the activities staff got the memo that MH is DL from 5-8 as they have schedule overlap.

It actually works well for the Diamond and up as the concierge won't let crowds in until 8pm

20230312_195627.thumb.jpg.b184e7a6ce0fa9525c42d472edc04014.jpg

So the venue is relatively empty at that time, no need to stake out seats. Tonight is Bon Jovi cover band at 8pm, should be a minor riot outside the locked doors. We'll be inside😁

FWIW, the schedule is conflicting, they might not be performing till 10:30. Who knows

Oh nice, you guys get Slippery When Wet, they are one of the best Bon Jovi cover bands.  In fact, in summer of 2019 when Jon Bon Jovi himself did a cruise for fans (out of Barcelona), he brought them along.  Total blast.  

• Like 5