Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

I know I'm about 80 pages behind and I will read all of them, but I just want to say that we made it home safe and sound without any problems leaving the port and the airports. We had a FANTASTIC time and really enjoyed being with and talking to as many of the Bella Group as we could. Most know that I won't be able to make Bella2 but there's a possibility that Amelia could find one of our friends to take my place.

TTYL

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I know I'm about 80 pages behind and I will read all of them, but I just want to say that we made it home safe and sound without any problems leaving the port and the airports. We had a FANTASTIC time and really enjoyed being with and talking to as many of the Bella Group as we could. Most know that I won't be able to make Bella2 but there's a possibility that Amelia could find one of our friends to take my place.

TTYL

Joe, it was great meeting you and Amelia 

I have future cruise currency for when we meet again 

certain photo of a sleepy joe 🤣

Happy Days!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Joe, it was great meeting you and Amelia 

I have future cruise currency for when we meet again 

certain photo of a sleepy Joe 🤣   Happy Days!

I knew when I saw that photo that you were going to resort to extortion. LOL 🤣🤪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We need to take Alligator Alley to the west coast. Does the express lane end soon enough to get on I-75?

Yes! You would follow the 12A exit which is the FL Turnpike to the left leading to Alligator Alley. Or you could continue a little farther North and take I-595 West to Alligator alley which is also I-75 at that point.

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

This is just to see if any of you crazies would be interested in joining like minded people for a NON Royal Sailing, same Mother Ship

Celebrity Beyond

Captain Kate 🐈 

March 11th 2024 (UPDATED)

Itinerary:  11 Night Panama + ABC

Mon 3/11 FLL

Tue 3/12 At Sea

Wed 3/13 At Sea

Thu 3/14 Cartagena, Colombia 🇨🇴 

Fri 3/15 Panama Canal 🇵🇦 

Fri 3/15 Colon Panama 🇵🇦 

Sat 3/16 At Sea

Sun 3/17 Aruba 🇦🇼 

Mon 3/18 Curaçao 🇨🇼 

Tue 3/19 Bonaire 🇧🇶 

Wed 3/20 At Sea

Thur 3/21 At Sea

Fri 3/22 FLL

There are already a few of the Bella group booked on this sailing, without even knowing each other before this week 😎

Just food for thought, and for those who are not afraid to dip their toes in stranger waters, all good 👍🏻 

Will give you something to do whilst waiting for BELLA part Deux

Happy Days!

We have a cabin on hold for this one.  Thanks for posting about it, I never would’ve noticed it.  For us it’s a perfect combination of ports with some history (plus the canal), tropical beachy ports and sea days.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We have a cabin on hold for this one.  Thanks for posting about it, I never would’ve noticed it.  For us it’s a perfect combination of ports with some history (plus the canal), tropical beachy ports and sea days.  

Great news Deb

Andy came good 😁
Happy Birthday (for everyday until you sail)

Happy Days!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Yes! You would follow the 12A exit which is the FL Turnpike to the left leading to Alligator Alley. Or you could continue a little farther North and take I-595 West to Alligator alley which is also I-75 at that point.

Thank you so much!  We hate that white-knuckled drive to/from Miami and the express lane will make it a tad easier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

If I had known what was in front of us, I would have taken 95 to Ormond Beach 

That's what I said before getting and staying in the Express lanes. By the time you know you need it, it's too late! 😭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol and marty said a few pages back a cruise as a present would be better than tires. Pretty tires.

Yeah he meant that for me because we told the story that we had received notice on our phone of a low tire pressure warning.  We figured we would need to replace or repair once we got off the cruise. Sure enough, when we got to the parking garage we could see a giant screw in the tire. Thankfully it wasn’t flat and we could get to a local dealership.  

• Like 6

On 3/19/2023 at 12:29 PM, Lionesss said:

So let me tell you about disembarking. 

Met in sweet lounge. 
Led to elevator 

Crammed and warp speed. 
Off ship. 
Luggage easily found 

Through customs  

That was the good. 

Now outside the terminal 

Passengers coming and going. 
Actually everyone behaved. 
No bumping, hitting, cutting. Normal pace. 
As we walked by at 9am heard 100 min wait for a taxi. Yes folks 100 min. 

We pre scheduled a private car. 
Called. Brief wait. 
Off to FLL. To spend night. 

However. Did witness some busy busy people waiting for their ride. Blocking the area to pick up your ride between pilons numbered 1-5. 

Port traffic. Unbelievable. 
and

for those arriving today. Traffic coming to port is bumper to bumper. 

Next time we leave. 
Taking 2 Tylenol. 
Making sure I bring a beer to cabin the night before to take Tylenol with breakfast. 

11:00

re the 100 min taxi wait. YIKES! is that the norm? or was it because of the marathon or whatever?

On 3/19/2023 at 3:37 PM, Sea Dog said:

We have learned the key is to get a good porter and tell him if he takes care us we will take care of him.

He took us to the front of the taxi line (which might have made a few people unhappy but hey it was him asking people to move out of the way not me) and we got a taxi in about 5 minutes. 

Taxi fare to the airport was a mere $39 bucks which was a lot better than our last taxi fare for $63.

We were one of the last groups debarking which helped too.

...just curious...how much "care" did you give him...?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

re the 100 min taxi wait. YIKES! is that the norm? or was it because of the marathon or whatever?

We got off abound 8 am and waited about 15 min at most I'd say for a taxi.

As renee posted the marathon was jan 29, not during our cruise. No one knows why rcl still handing that traffic warning out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

55 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thank you so much!  We hate that white-knuckled drive to/from Miami and the express lane will make it a tad easier. 

I forgot to add that we followed the signs leaving the Port via the tunnel. Then signs directing us toward 95N via I-395. As soon as we saw the Express Lanes sign we got in the left lane and booked it for home! Thank you, SunPass!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The sea calls my name said:

Cabin on hold just waiting to hear back from ____ "the man" to make deposit.  Paul and I are both super excited to be a part . If there is a thread already begun for it will you share it with me? 

We have two rooms on hold, too! Waiting to find out from Phoebe's nurse if she can fit it in her social calendar? LOVE that it is going from PC which is only 2+ hours from home! Plus haven't been on the Wonder since the 2022 EB TA last May. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

We have two rooms on hold, too! Waiting to find out from Phoebe's nurse if she can fit it in her social calendar? LOVE that it is going from PC which is only 2+ hours from home! Plus haven't been on the Wonder since the 2022 EB TA last May. 

We are in Ormond Beach and we also were on the Wonder TA last year. I am sure we crossed paths..

• Like 2