Premier Pass package

WVU-79

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

As I said on the other thread. I believe the only response we’ll get from this is an “oops” email and a full refund. IMO, anyone thinking they’ll get some kind of compensation or the full package is delusional.  Stomping your feet and emailing Bayley will just be a waste of time and contribute to your own frustration.  

I’ll just say “oh well” and move on. 

I don't know. I would think some of us are "hopeful" vs "delusional". JMO! Cheers!🤞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasRon said:

Actually, I can stomp my feet and email whoever the heck I would like to and it really won’t impact my day for any more time than I waste here already!  I like it here but I know most of the threads do little for me…I will take five minutes of that time and send an e-mail stomping my feet.

Then I will go on about the day not ever expecting an answer or anything else.

Go ahead Ron. Stomp away. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Good save 🙄.   Did anyone else take screenshots, just in case they are needed?  I won’t pursue this unless I see that other people are succeeding. 

Credit card receipt not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My crystal ball says they will honor the wifi, as a goodwill gesture. This minimizes bad press, serves as a mea culpa, and has minimal financial implications.

I agree this would be a sensible approach. Plus it would also get them around the issue of those who cancelled their previously purchased Internet packages believing they no longer needed them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevea36 said:

This isnt an IT issue.   They put it on sale on the 10th, sold it all day the 10th, and the 11th.   then sometime this morning they shut it down.  I have seen reports of people who said that they spoke to RCI reps this morning and they were talking about the features of the package.    It is a sales issue and I'm sure that all of the Senior Management team will be all over this in the morning.   In my mind it's between a financial problem or a PR nightmare....   IMHO I think they will allow us to keep it, or some semblance of it.   

It was available for booking on my October Oasis sail as I was curious to see any notifications of errors. Same screen and info as the day prior. 

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My crystal ball says they will honor the wifi, as a goodwill gesture. This minimizes bad press, serves as a mea culpa, and has minimal financial implications.

IDK, wifi sells well, so it is lost revenue.

If they wanted a good will gesture, they could offer a lunch (limited, MDR level selections) with officers and wine paired to those selections by a sommelier.  Many would be too busy to attend.  Cost is some small glasses of relatively inexpensive wine and junior officers’ time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

that would still be great, but the kid and I really wanted that all access tour. 🙂

My crystal ball says we get nothing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if it were in the wrong portal, why did RCI customer service people answer people's questions about it?

because they could see it in on their screens under Royal.  If it's loaded wrong, they don't know.  They just answer based on what they can see on their screens.  And it was in Royal's Cruise Planner.  They didn't know it wasn't a 'real' thing or that it was an error. 

51 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

I wonder if they will transition us to the KEY instead. My boarding pass still has the icon. I printed it out and fully intend to use it for priority boarding. 

I laugh when people get the key only for priority boarding. I don’t get the key and I always board with them 😜😜

Edited by mcatmcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

IDK, wifi sells well, so it is lost revenue.

If they wanted a good will gesture, they could offer a lunch (limited, MDR level selections) with officers and wine paired to those selections by a sommelier.  Many would be too busy to attend.  Cost is some small glasses of relatively inexpensive wine and junior officers’ time.

Agree it is lost revenue, but i would venture to guess that 85% plus of the people that booked, did so for the internet.

Letting the internet stand will keep many more people quiet than a lunch and some wine will.

There is value in keeping people content and quiet

• Like 3

Yep, did it for the internet. We don't usually get it as we have 4 days to share.  I do have that key now on my boarding pass.  They have been letting us board early but just in case....

If they refund we're out nothing.  But I would have liked the bottle of whatever and tour.  

Really who watches these IT people.  They mess up ALOT.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newcruiser2012 said:

Someone posted this on another thread. Good lesson - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. 

Problem with that is when folks called Royal's customer service to confirm, the too good to be true message was not conveyed.  Royal's own staff thought package was legit at the price advertised. Why would the callers be wrong to not question it as being truthful?

• Like 4

I just spent an hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Royal Caribbean because while I thought the deal was too good to be true, I bought it anyways and canceled my drink package + internet since they advertised this one as including VROOM. They got me the internet add-on for the same price as my previous package. They said the Premier Package purchase would be canceled and refunded in a few days. Bummed and disappointed but thankful to still get internet and rebook our Sip.Tour.Brunch.

*Apparently, it is just for Celebrity Cruise Lines.

5 minutes ago, coaster said:

Problem with that is when folks called Royal's customer service to confirm, the too good to be true message was not conveyed.  Royal's own staff thought package was legit at the price advertised. Why would the callers be wrong to not question it as being truthful?

Because alot of the call centers are located outside the USA. limited english, reading from scripts, no knowledge of the dollar. They do not have a clue. This is a failure on royals part. 

3 hours ago, zoepipes said:

Just looking for some good will - they did it with the $18 drink package.  Honestly, I could care less one way or another - I was just getting caught up in all the hype 😆.  It was an honest mistake.  Can they afford it?  Yes, they can.  Do they need to honor it?  No they don't.  Will I never cruise RC again?  Of course I will :-).  

Minus the billions in debt they took on during the pandemic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Because alot of the call centers are located outside the USA. limited english, reading from scripts, no knowledge of the dollar. They do not have a clue. This is a failure on royals part. 

Exactly this. And they are just looking at a screen and have no reason to question it. 

4 minutes ago, sarahp97 said:

I just spent an hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Royal Caribbean because while I thought the deal was too good to be true, I bought it anyways and canceled my drink package + internet since they advertised this one as including VROOM. They got me the internet add-on for the same price as my previous package. They said the Premier Package purchase would be canceled and refunded in a few days. Bummed and disappointed but thankful to still get internet and rebook our Sip.Tour.Brunch.

*Apparently, it is just for Celebrity Cruise Lines.

I think this is the max they *should* do. Everyone makes mistakes; I don't think RC owes any of us anything other than the exact reinstatement of any packages at the price they were originally purchased at (Internet,  The Key, etc) that people may have canceled thinking the Premier Pass would be better. Myself, I'm disappointed, sure....but I get it that mistakes happen and I don't expect anything. Fortunately I didn't cancel my Black Friday internet deal so I'm exactly where I was 2 days ago. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bocker3 said:

The indignation of some on here is quite astounding.  

People jumped on this because they KNEW it was too good to be true.  One of the first replies estimated out a minimum value of this and it was clear that this had to be a mistake.  

Now people are making all sorts of demands on what RC should do to appease them. 

PLEASE!!!  Get real. 

If they refund your money, then you have no loss.  Move on.  If you bought this and cancelled something else (internet package) that will cost you more now, well, maybe they'll do something for you, but I'd chalk that up to a life lesson. 

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS NOT TRUE.

I think the problem is going to be some folks are going to have a loss.  The deal out shone voom prices and all access tours.  Many deals that may have been booked during the Black Friday sale,  if cancelled... may leave cruisers unable to rebook at the better rate. They are of course going to be upset. 

What saddens me is the fact that I got quite excited.  After months of complaints about new menus and cuts to dining selections; higher costs for cruises, packages, excursions, and gratuities; and the changes in room servicing, I thought....wow...Royal has rolled out a program to really made one feel pampered.  

As for it being a mistake...many contacted their TA or Royal directly and had the program confirmed.  So they are disappointed because they were told it was legit.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Agree it is lost revenue, but i would venture to guess that 85% plus of the people that booked, did so for the internet.

Letting the internet stand will keep many more people quiet than a lunch and some wine will.

There is value in keeping people content and quiet

You said they might make a good will gesture.  To me, a good will gesture is a small token, thus my suggestion.  You are suggesting they give people a refund and also give them (for free!) the one item that you believe motivated 85% of them to buy the package. Now maybe letting impacted people buy the internet package for $88.90 might be a good will gesture.  I don’t expect it to happen though.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

So the package is showing up for me again after being completely removed from the website. It's listed as sold out, but it's there. What a mess they've made of this.

If nothing else, it's been kind of entertaining. 🤔

• Like 3