Solarium adults only... Not so much. 😐

want2seaitall

First Celebrity cruise...leaving out of San Juan on the Millennium today. Do they allow kids 4-7 everyday? Kind of defeats the purpose of an adult only area. They have an ENTIRE main pool area to use! And of course people bend the rules. Already had a dad place a tot in the hot tub at 2 pm to splash around with my husband and I. And before people come in and defend this... Listen if folks want an area on the ship to relax kids free, it's not too much to ask! 

PXL_20230311_190645651~2.jpg

PXL_20230311_190620364~2.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, landlocked406 said:

Well that's disappointing. I could almost understand making an exception if it was a cold weather itinerary.

Agreed. And 4-7 is when people are coming back from excursions before dinner...prime pool hours. I had recent knee reconstruction and I was counting on the solarium to be the one place on the ship could get much needed relaxation. I'm also worried about kids running around me. Very disappointed. I'll add back later after I talk with guest relations. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, want2seaitall said:

Agreed. And 4-7 is when people are coming back from excursions before dinner...prime pool hours. I had recent knee reconstruction and I was counting on the solarium to be the one place on the ship could get much needed relaxation. I'm also worried about kids running around me. Very disappointed. I'll add back later after I talk with guest relations. 

I think in general there are far less kids than say Royal so I don't think there would be a lot in there even with the allowance. Plus also may depend on when you are going - like is it a holiday.

I would hope most still be outside unless its bad weather, I would go in there basically to avoid kids 🙃

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

You need to talk to staff on board when parents are not following the rules.  

I called staff over when the tot was in the hot tub and he did nothing. My husband said management is coming to talk to me. We'll see. I'm just disappointed. I wouldn't have chosen this line if I'd known... Not for this trip. 

• Like 14

Guest CunucuMom

Perhaps it's temporary due to more kids on board for Spring Break?  I would not be thrilled about tots in the hot tub.

8 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I think in general there are far less kids than say Royal so I don't think there would be a lot in there even with the allowance. Plus also may depend on when you are going - like is it a holiday.

I would hope most still be outside unless its bad weather, I would go in there basically to avoid kids 🙃

It's spring break for Floridians so fingers crossed lol. Probably more than normal. 

• Like 1

Same thing happened to us on the Equinox a year ago in February when we were on a B2B. They had a sign with family hours that were scheduled during our favorite Solarium time periods, and of course parents would stretch it out past those times. Staff at the time also did not do anything to deal with the issue. We were not happy since we were looking forward to relaxing in an adults-only area, and with the glass enclosure one or two kids having fun in the pool can be extremely loud. My husband addressed this issue, as well as some others, to corporate in an email. We were on the Equinox again this February and I was interested to see they no longer offered family hours. IMO a good decision on their part since the ship was pretty full and the Solarium was a very popular area.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The problem is everyone wants an exception, they want to bend the rules , or not follow them.

Read the topics where people that are in a suite or AQ  want others that aren’t to be able to dine with them or have the same privileges when boarding.   

People that Elite  want others traveling with them to have the same benefits.

Then there are the people that walk out of a lavatory without washing their hands or those that use their fingers in the buffet, taste something  with the spoon and put it back, and etc.   

Too many today don’t respects others or the rules.   They are involved in the trinity of me, myself, and I.  

The problem  is that the employees are afraid to enforce the rules because the passenger will report them as being rude and it could affect their job or advancement.   It isn’t right to have rules and not let the employees enforce them 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Last Fall, I was on the Solstice and one particular family kept bringing their toddler into the Solarium.  I pointed out the rules to a regular employee and she didn't address the situation.  I then pointed it out to Security and that got results.  The family was spoken to by Security at the exact moment the toddler was having a meltdown!  The family no longer brought the toddler into the Solarium!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

There is always someone that doesn't read or care about a rule.  Hot tubs are not meant for little ones.  As far as staff goes, it is a shame that they can't enforce for fear of offending a paying customer.  SMH  

p.s.  I like kids, I go to Disneyland.

Edited by Dancing Shoes
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

Perhaps it's temporary due to more kids on board for Spring Break?  I would not be thrilled about tots in the hot tub.

More kids on board would be a good reason for tighter enforcement of  "No kids" rules. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zodiac1 said:

Last Fall, I was on the Solstice and one particular family kept bringing their toddler into the Solarium.  I pointed out the rules to a regular employee and she didn't address the situation.  I then pointed it out to Security and that got results.  The family was spoken to by Security at the exact moment the toddler was having a meltdown!  The family no longer brought the toddler into the Solarium!

Thank you for doing that.  It is unfortunate that you had to.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

They have had family hours in the Solarium in the past. My experience has been that people are pretty respectful and you don’t see many kids in the pool. 

Well not this family. Things escalated to the family members encouraging the child to jump in the hot tub to purposely splash me. The father then said to my husband he is going to make it his personal mission to destroy our trip. All because I questioned staff about the family hours and he must have over heard me. We've filed an official complaint with Sergio head of security who was surprised to hear of these family hours. He himself disagrees with them for the very reason this incident happened. You'll always have the people who don't know how to behave and ruin it for everyone. An enforced adults only atrium is the answer. I'd understand a bend during inclement weather only. He had no idea they'd been put into effect. I will be contacting corporate once home. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, want2seaitall said:

Well not this family. Things escalated to the family members encouraging the child to jump in the hot tub to purposely splash me. The father then said to my husband he is going to make it his personal mission to destroy our trip. All because I questioned staff about the family hours and he must have over heard me. We've filed an official complaint with Sergio head of security who was surprised to hear of these family hours. He himself disagrees with them for the very reason this incident happened. You'll always have the people who don't know how to behave and ruin it for everyone. An enforced adults only atrium is the answer. I'd understand a bend during inclement weather only. He had no idea they'd been put into effect. I will be contacting corporate once home. 

You  should also leave a message with the hotel director or at least use the QR code in the daily to leave written comments.   These comments are seen by Guest Relations Director and Hotel Director.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You  should also leave a message with the hotel director or at least use the QR code in the daily to leave written comments.   These comments are seen by Guest Relations Director and Hotel Director.

Thank you for that recommendation. 🙏

• Like 3