How early can i get off mid B2B Cruise?

dasmith21

I was wondering how early we can get off from the ship on our B2B cruise? We want to visit South Beach Miami in between our cruise and wondered if we would have enough time before the ship sails again. Basically how long would it take to get to and from South Beach, and how long would people advise the journey is going to take via taxi? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.👍 

You can get off any time after disembarkation starts, usually around 7:30.   You will use the "transit pass" they issue you in your B2B packet to skip the check-in lines to reboard the ship.   You can't reboard until general boarding starts somewhere around 11-11:30.

Depending on traffic that could easily be a 45+ minute drive just to get to the heart of South Beach. Is there something specific you are wanting to do or see? Unless you venture out a bit, it’s tourist trap. Not sure I would dedicate 2+ hours of door to door transit time unless I had something very particular in mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

You can get off any time after disembarkation starts, usually around 7:30.   You will use the "transit pass" they issue you in your B2B packet to skip the check-in lines to reboard the ship.   You can't reboard until general boarding starts somewhere around 11-11:30.

Anyone done this in a foreign port? We are doing a B3B out of Southampton this summer and want to do some limited sightseeing, as well as possibly replenishing toiletries and snacks.

I’m sure we have to go through customs. Will that take long?

2 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Anyone done this in a foreign port? We are doing a B3B out of Southampton this summer and want to do some limited sightseeing, as well as possibly replenishing toiletries and snacks.

We have done full day private excursions on turn around day in South American, Australia and Singapore.  
We got off with our transit pass and returned to the ship about a hour before sailing.  

Seems easily doable to me.  South Beach is about 6 miles from the port.  You should budget 45 minutes travel time if on a weekday because traffic could be bad, especially if you're leaving during rush hour (7-9am).  Without traffic, it would be maybe 20 minutes.  Just budget enough time for the return trip to be back before they close the ship.

A walking or foodie tour through any company that does shore excursions is what I would look to do, unless you want a beach day.  The ports of call board may have some good ideas as well.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

5 hours ago, dasmith21 said:

Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.👍 

Whether or not the drive is worth it is hard to say.

Personally, if you have never been there, I think the art deco buildings are interesting.

You might instead stay an extra day at the beginning of the cruise in South Beach.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:50 AM, cangelmd said:

In Amsterdam it was a simple walk off without interaction with anyone - we were not carrying any luggage so perhaps that would be different.