COUPON BOOKS 2023

suzyed

12 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We got one on our last cruise, and it was totally useless to us. Every one of the coupons required buying something we weren't going to buy.

That's the whole point.... getting you to buy or spend on something you otherwise weren't going to.

• Like 2

Same coupon book they have had since the restart.  Pre Covid , the Best coupon was the Crown Grill BOGO meal for the first night of the cruise. That one is gone. Since we are driving this time for cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we made use of the 20% off a $100 liquor purchase. I was very surprised to find ship’s prices much lower than what was on the shelves in st thomas and st kitts. Course i was only looking for 3 or 4  brands   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I'm pretty sure that even though you can print the coupons, your booking has a record of whether you're actually entitled to them, and Princess tracks which offers you use as you use the coupons.

Agreed

Edited by Ombud

So....

They are going to pick and choose who they are going to invite to spend money that they know you don't want to spend...and YOU know you don't want to spend.  I feel so left out...I think I NEED one of these books to be fulfilled!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

We got one on our last cruise, and it was totally useless to us. Every one of the coupons required buying something we weren't going to buy.

Not so, yes the BOGO for 1st night specialty restaurant is gone but a ‘new’ coupon for a FREE 8x10 Platinum Studio portrait was in my last couple of books. No need to purchase any other prints and says it has a value of $150. 

Of course you do need to make an appointment for platinum studio sitting and take pictures, then once studio has assembled your photos for slide show he has created, you get to decide which photo you want. Photo is not printed on ship, but sent from NY?

Turn around was pretty quick. Was on Discovery for January 21-28 2023 sailing, photo was delivered about 3 weeks later.

13 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Not so, yes the BOGO for 1st night specialty restaurant is gone but a ‘new’ coupon for a FREE 8x10 Platinum Studio portrait was in my last couple of books. No need to purchase any other prints and says it has a value of $150. 

Of course you do need to make an appointment for platinum studio sitting and take pictures, then once studio has assembled your photos for slide show he has created, you get to decide which photo you want.

Undoubtedly after sitting through a sales presentation trying to get you to buy more than your one free photo. 

8 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Undoubtedly after sitting through a sales presentation trying to get you to buy more than your one free photo. 

I guess maybe depending on who the Platinum artist is, but my experience was very easy on the Discovery and no pressure to purchase any additional pictures or sizes. It does take a little time to select which picture, depending on the number of initial pictures taken. I believe my appointment took about 20 minutes to review the slide show, select my picture, then review the ‘order’ the platinum artist needs to submit, and receive a printed copy of the ‘order’.

Last year on the Majestic, my friend had over 30 ‘shots’ to review. We reviewed shots in groups of three, picking one or none in that group. No pressure or sales pitch to purchase additional on that occasion too.

I have experience about pressure from a sales presentation as I have attended a few ‘timeshare’ presentations in the past.

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

a ‘new’ coupon for a FREE 8x10 Platinum Studio portrait was in my last couple of books. No need to purchase any other prints and says it has a value of $150. 

That was the only coupon in the 2022 group of coupons which did not require first spending money.

Below is what was in the 2022 coupons. I have not seen the 2023 list yet.

couponbook.jpg.f41737ca38b8770373816aa0c6c40adb.jpgcouponbookb.jpg.9c38cd75087019f1e77eeec17a817c0a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @caribill, I believe the 2023 coupons are the same with an expiration of December 31, 2023. This is how I was able to use the Platinum Studio coupon in January 2023.

My reply post #13, was to let @Sea Hag, post #5, know there is a coupon that does not require any spend, which they might not have been aware.

Thank you for posting the 2022 version, as I assume many are not familiar with the offers or understood this program.

To repeat, these coupon ‘books’ are an amenity a travel agent ‘can’ add to your booking during some promotional periods. They are not the ‘booklet’ of offers of long ago that Princess used to provide almost every guest, that your room steward delivered.

To receive, your travel agent must add to your booking, if during eligible booking period when promo is being offered.

I think 2022 was the first year the Platinum studio coupon was offered. Assume Princess is evaluating how many ‘additional’ purchases it generates, if it will be continued to be offered.

Edited by wallyj

9 minutes ago, wallyj said:

To repeat, these coupon ‘books’ are an amenity a travel agent ‘can’ add to your booking during some promotional periods. They are not the ‘booklet’ of offers of long ago that Princess used to provide almost every guest, that your room steward delivered.

To receive, your travel agent must add to your booking, if during eligible booking period when promo is being offered.

And they are no longer physical booklets delivered to your cabin on embarkation day.

They are digital and you get a link to seeing them before the cruise.

• Thanks 1

Just now, caribill said:

And they are no longer physical booklets delivered to your cabin on embarkation day.

They are digital and you get a link to seeing them before the cruise.

On some previous ship and sailings, some of my friends and family never received the link, so guest services can see if you were entitled to one and had printed copies of the booklet to give you. As with Princess, YMMV.

if you are not sure you will have WiFi on your sailing, print or make screenshot on a device you will have on sailing. I think I got the email link about 2 weeks before sail date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

See posts 17 and 22.  After you spend, and, you don't get cash, it is only free play.  You lose $20, that's it  Whatta deal.

I didn't bother. 

You do not have to lose $20, just have to use $20. Once you have bet $20 you can get the coupon's $10 even if you won $$$ with your $20. Whatta deal.

• Like 1