Minors losing their Diamond status…

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct

Actually, you can have a royalcarribean.com login once you hit 13.  And you can see your past cruises.

The weird thing is that on Celebrity you can't get a Captains Club number until you are a 18.  Not sure if you can get credit for any Celebrity cruises you took as a kid or not.  But you can login to celebritycruises.com, since your username/password works for both sites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I do not have 1619 C&A points 😉

But I do have 1619 Relationship points.

Royal shows this on both app and Website

Screenshot_20230330-132843_Royal.thumb.jpg.0a62942adc84cf25325f9ccdf6af75bb.jpg

This number will continue to grow with every cruise my wife takes. It will not grow when she flies home from LA in February 2024 and I continue on for the next 7 months. Bummer

Does that have anything to do with the policy that I've been discussing?  The premise of this whole discussion is about YOUTH BENEFITS. As I've quoted and cut and pasted.  Is it possible that you turn 18 soon?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

And before texting was a thing, text was a noun.  If I post a lot, am I considered a whore?  That's offensive to some.  I've got thick skin.  However, I will point out the wrongs when I see them.  I don't care how you or anybody else justifies it, it doesn't belong here.  

Try the Urban Dictionary, it might be in there.

Personally, I'd call frivolous posting as PW

I'm probably guilty of that to an extent, but I try and use the reaction buttons to avoid creating a post to say Thanks, +1, ^this, etc..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, rare, but I got a small senior discount on a cheap transatlantic. I actually get residency discounts fairly often.

image.png.3b2e76eca999d8e506ccac8617d981c3.png

Can't recall seeing a 'weekend' discount. Nice

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Does that have anything to do with the policy that I've been discussing?  The premise of this whole discussion is about YOUTH BENEFITS. As I've quoted and cut and pasted.  Is it possible that you turn 18 soon?

You were talking about relationship points.

I was giving an example

FWIW, this thread delved into significant other relationships as well long ago

Just evolution of a thread

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, rare, but I got a small senior discount on a cheap transatlantic. I actually get residency discounts fairly often.

image.png.3b2e76eca999d8e506ccac8617d981c3.png

Strangely, I got a residency discount for Ohio on Independence last August.  Shocked me.  It was a dirt cheap cruise and we were also the only ship in Coco Cay that day.  I wish they would put some of those up for this summer.  Price is almost 3 times what I paid last year at the moment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just a few weeks ago

When is this effective, as I was doing a mock booking for a family cruise for Easter '25 and it allows me a solo supplement and the customary $188 D+ balcony discount.  I wonder if I book it will Royal catch it.🤣

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

When is this effective, as I was doing a mock booking for a family cruise for Easter '25 and it allows me a solo supplement and the customary $188 D+ balcony discount.  I wonder if I book it will Royal catch it.🤣

No idea.  I would have assumed that it would have been immediate.  

18 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If someone marries into a status and they get divorced or the spouse dies what happens to their status? Do they keep it or do they revert?

From what DD was told, the status can be revoked, so in the case of a divorce, the person who actually owned the status could call and have the status removed from the other person.

• Like 1

The rules, and what should be the rules, are two different things. And it seems from this thread, most have their opinion on what they believe the rules should be.

My two cents worth:

Points should be based on fare (full fare, full points), unless sharing a cabin. Then, they should get the senior points person's benefits for that cruise.

When a minor turns 18, they should have whatever points they have accumulated based on the full fare, full points principle. 

I also believe 340 and 520 should become legitimate tiers, and Pinnacle should be relegated by a new tier at 980 points.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Now I have close to 900

Personally, I'd love to earn status seperately from Laura at this point. I'd earn about two free cruise certificates with my current bookings😉

Hmmm...is it possible to unlink from her? Without actually getting divorced that is. I can just see the reason for divorce being listed as "I want my own cruise points to be used".

• Haha 1

Try the Urban Dictionary, it might be in there.

Personally, I'd call frivolous posting as PW

I'm probably guilty of that to an extent, but I try and use the reaction buttons to avoid creating a post to say Thanks, +1, ^this, etc..

Fladun / In the grip of a smiley face | Canberra CityNews

You were talking about relationship points.

I was giving an example

FWIW, this thread delved into significant other relationships as well long ago

Just evolution of a thread

Someone else talked about relationship points.  I clarified it.

My points have not evolved.  I've been on point throughout, as far as the written policy is concerned, period.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, Senior and military discounts are rare. Same as residency 

Not that rare...

I've had military AND senior on a few cruises recently.

disc.jpg.797e99ce6c8385270b1fe6b270f15c94.jpg

Edited by icsys

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Those wondering about your kids sailings and points they accumulated we have done the following. We have a note on our iPad, to which we update and print after every sailing. 

On it is shows the following.

- ship and date of sailing

- who from our house sailed (parents, with or without son)

- points accumulated on that sailing

On the bottom of the page we also list our total running points as a couple, and our son’s actual points for the cruises he was on.

If we ever have an issue with lost cruise points we have this as an easy reference to go from.  We also have saved our past cruise cards, on top of photos from our holidays. I have read that RC would accept/use photos of people on the ship as proof enough that you were there if their records don’t match theirs.  

You were very smart.  I should have done this...and asked my dumb question.  I think we will semi-know the answer after the 2 kids have their cruises in a couple of months.  If this tread is still alive, Ill let you all know what happened:)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Hmmm...is it possible to unlink from her? Without actually getting divorced that is. I can just see the reason for divorce being listed as "I want my own cruise points to be used".

It used to be easier. Royal seems to have caught on. Pretty rare lately. 

Not saying I won't try😉🤣