In-room coffee maker

Joelocal

27 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

My last steak at Cagneys wasn’t very good so I’m thinking of bringing my portable propane BBQ. Do you think I would be allowed to use it on the balcony?

Maybe I should bring a "side of beef" and come join you!  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

My mom asked for a coffee maker on our last cruise and was happy they brought it. Silly since we ordered coffee and at least a few items every day away from room service. But we were in Europe and up and off the ship very early every day except 2 sea days.. and she insisted she needed it as soon as she had 1 eye open lol.

I am excited to have french press coffee for room service in a month- I love a good coffee and croissant on the balcony.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:16 AM, gotscrapz said:

Although my adult daughter will be at Starbucks every morning I am sure and could bring me a coffee. I am boring and like just a great black coffee though.

I’ve tried Starbucks and it just tastes awful to me.  Burnt dirty socks. 🤮   But I know I’m in the minority, so I’ll just take my Community Coffee and go sit in the corner.

• Like 5

As long as we get our 1-cup sized hot water maker, we are happy even if they run out of those weak coffee pods (flat) & not strong enough (personal preference) for a 6 oz. cup.

Being from NY, Cafe Bustelo instant coffee is our choice, creamer/half & half with sugar for that boost. Dunkin & Starbucks not strong aside from the aroma. We also have our small stash of hot chocolate, assorted tea bags just in case - always travel with them. 

Ranch-99 is a California based Asian supermarket chain, they carried coffee in a filter pouch by Lee's (Vietnamese) Sandwiches, now available in their Long Island, NY retail store.  Pre-measured, just add hot water for a great 8 oz. cup anywhere, without fuzzing with French press or the little stainless steel drip filter setup & carrying it along. 

Buffet & ship's room service coffee are inconsistent and some of it horribly bitter, Joy has the stronger brew lately but the rest, worst than those at fast food chains.  Still, no excuse for provisioning to run out of them or get low in the inventory. 

PXL_20230408_223012332.jpg

Hot & iced coffee sold at Lee's Sandwiches retail stores, mostly in California & also in Las Vegas plus select cities will get our business when we are in a mood for great coffee.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S5M3VS8/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I’ve tried Starbucks and it just tastes awful to me.  Burnt dirty socks. 🤮   But I know I’m in the minority, so I’ll just take my Community Coffee and go sit in the corner.

I thought I was the only person that thinks Starbucks coffee is awful 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Wondering if the OP was in an inside or oceanview cabin? NCL website says that coffeemakers are included in all balcony and above staterooms. I’m in an inside on an upcoming cruise and if I can simply ask for a machine it will save me the trouble of bringing my one-cup coffeemaker…

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, dbrown84 said:

You are not. The only good thing I can say about Starbucks is "At least it isn't Chock Full Of Nuts brand." I also bring Cafe Bustelo with me.

9 hours ago, bobbygirl said:

Wondering if the OP was in an inside or oceanview cabin? NCL website says that coffeemakers are included in all balcony and above staterooms. I’m in an inside on an upcoming cruise and if I can simply ask for a machine it will save me the trouble of bringing my one-cup coffeemaker…

They stopped doing that on may ships. You have to ask for one. And your own coffee maker is a prohibited item.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, dbrown84 said:

I think Starbucks is the worst coffee ever! I firmly believe the reason the chain is so popular is that what they are really selling is hot and cold coffee-flavored milkshakes. I've yet to hear about anyone who drinks and enjoys Starbucks coffee black.

Also, fair warning to any true coffee lovers that NCL also uses Starbucks coffee in the Haven, although they make it in a French press. It is horrendous. I travel with my own coffee (Illy) and just have the butler bring the French press and a carafe of boiling water.

For those folks teasing us crazy coffee people, yes we are that serious about our coffee! I drink coffee throughout the day and it just wouldn't be vacation with terrible coffee, so you've got to do what you've got to do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

I think Starbucks is the worst coffee ever! I firmly believe the reason the chain is so popular is that what they are really selling is hot and cold coffee-flavored milkshakes. I've yet to hear about anyone who drinks and enjoys Starbucks coffee black.

This! I shake my head at all the "coffee lovers" who talk about Starbucks package etc. If they are such coffee lovers why don't they drink COFFEE instead of the sweet milky Starbucks drinks with a hint of coffee? Be honest, you are milky drinks lovers! <Phew. Seems I needed to get that off my chest,>

• Haha 4

For those like @pcakes122 (btw, all I can think of are tender, fluffy pancakes when I see you), @All-ready2cruise, and @Asawi, I would recommend you try Storyville coffee. It is some of the best I have ever had. It's not the best, but for an everyday brewed coffee, or espresso, it is really quite lovely and smooth. 

BTW, they currently have a 51% sale going on. I really don't work for them, I swear!

To bring it back to topic, kind of....it would make a divine do-it-yourself coffee bag for those in-room coffee makers. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s been a few years since I have cruised NCL. 1. Can you request a coffeemaker in your room when you check in at 21 days or do you have to wait until you arrive? 
2. Do any of the cabins have coffeemakers automatically or have they been taken out altogether? We are in a spa balcony looking to upgrade to the Haven. We enjoy a cup of coffee when we are getting ready in the morning. 

42 minutes ago, Seminole1975 said:

It’s been a few years since I have cruised NCL. 1. Can you request a coffeemaker in your room when you check in at 21 days or do you have to wait until you arrive? 
2. Do any of the cabins have coffeemakers automatically or have they been taken out altogether? We are in a spa balcony looking to upgrade to the Haven. We enjoy a cup of coffee when we are getting ready in the morning. 

I saw an earlier quote that said coffee makers were in balcony’s and above. 

52 minutes ago, Seminole1975 said:

As others have said, coffeemakers used to be in all balcony and above cabins, but they took them out.  You have to explicitly ask for them now.  I don’t think you can order it ahead of time, but the few times I’ve asked my steward it was there within a half hour and was kept stocked throughout the trip.  The only exception is Haven cabins.  Those all have a Nespresso machine.  They’re fantastic. But they’re only for the Haven.  On my last trip in a balcony I asked the steward if I could get a Nespresso.  That was a firm “No.”. I understand that, but didn’t hurt to ask.  😂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

For those like @pcakes122 (btw, all I can think of are tender, fluffy pancakes when I see you)

This made me laugh! 😊 It also made me think about my old debate partner @seaman11 who used to call me pancakes lol (it's not an abbreviation for pancakes by the way 🙃)

Edited by pcakes122
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Asawi said:

This! I shake my head at all the "coffee lovers" who talk about Starbucks package etc. If they are such coffee lovers why don't they drink COFFEE instead of the sweet milky Starbucks drinks with a hint of coffee? Be honest, you are milky drinks lovers! <Phew. Seems I needed to get that off my chest,>

This! Reminds me of my grandmother asking my mother “would you like a splash of coffee with your milk.” Is it even coffee if you dilute it? 😬

sadly, though I love black coffee, whether straight espresso or drip, I cannot make a pot of coffee to save my life. my Nespresso is my salvation. I fear for my coffee sanity on my upcoming cruise. 

i May need to toy around with the French press in the back of my cupboard before I sail to see if I can make it work 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Belletora said:

sadly, though I love black coffee, whether straight espresso or drip, I cannot make a pot of coffee to save my life. my Nespresso is my salvation. I fear for my coffee sanity on my upcoming cruise. 

Black coffee drinker as well. On my recent Spirit cruise I thought the buffet coffee was at least drinkable. A bit weak, but drinkable. At least it had caffeine in it.. 😮 

But if you're used to Nespresso I think the French press could be good idea. 

• Like 1