Breakfast buffet vs sit down breakfast

FastShip24

23 minutes ago, FastShip24 said:

After eating in the restaurant, why would you choose the buffet for breakfast?

Because I like to get my food and either go sit on my balcony or somewhere else outside where I can enjoy the breeze and the view of the ocean over a leisurely breakfast. I don't go on cruises to spend my daylight hours indoors looking at walls or other people. I go to enjoy the feeling of being at sea and will spend as much time as possible out on deck.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

For me?  Speed or the ability to grab and go when I have an earlier day planned than time would allow to sit down in the MDR.

This would be the answer for me is well. Otherwise, it's MDR the whole way.  Better food, I can order a bloody Mary, and I can get bacon every day!  😆

1 minute ago, weezal said:

MDR breakfast takes at least 1 hour

That has not typically been my experience, especially if you order the Express Breakfast, which you can get pretty quickly.

If you want to make your MDR breakfast efficient, don't make any special orders - and that includes the omelets.  Order something they can just grab from the galley and bring up.

1 minute ago, FastShip24 said:

Just off the Panorama.  That was not the case. Also mdr has better food quality. If it's a sea day, time is irrelevant..

clearly you have not met me when I’m hungry….

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

That has not typically been my experience, especially if you order the Express Breakfast, which you can get pretty quickly.

If you want to make your MDR breakfast efficient, don't make any special orders - and that includes the omelets.  Order something they can just grab from the galley and bring up.

I'm on vacation.  I'm not in a rush.   At least you don't have to fight table hogs or food hogs

• Like 3

If the MDR was as busy as the buffet during peak times I might not have a preference. But being served hot, fresh food on a linen tablecloth while I sip on a mimosa or a coffee and gaze out the window. Heaven.

I like the buffet for snacking. Some fresh fruit, cheeses, breads or a late night slice of pizza or dessert. But I try to do this during off peak times.

1 hour ago, FastShip24 said:

After eating in the restaurant, why would you choose the buffet for breakfast?

because I can grab as much bacon and eggs as I want. And I can chill and not be waiter served.

I have no idea why so many people seem to dislike the Buffet.

Its convenient and the food is not bad at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

because I can grab as much bacon and eggs as I want. And I can chill and not be waiter served.

I have no idea why so many people seem to dislike the Buffet.

Its convenient and the food is not bad at all.

No bacon on carnival

Our family of 7 eats breakfast together, but do not get there at the same time. We always choose an overflow dining room so plenty of seating, we have our celiac daughter’s order delivered to our table. I have never had lunch or dinner in the buffet (don’t eat lunch after a big breakfast).

On a recent 26 night sailing, we ended up splitting breakfast 50-50 between the buffet and room service.

We did not use the dining room for breakfast at all.

On QM2 the 'Kings Court' buffet has several 'bay window' areas that are enclosed, but let you sit on the promenade deck. That's as close to outside as I would like to get when there is a 60 knot cold wind on the other side of the glass.

• Like 1