When prices go down…?

jerick

… how do you find out about it? Do you need to go onto the RCL website and go through the booking process until you get to the cabin prices? Is there a better way to find out? How often do you recommend doing that after you’ve booked a cruise?

Need to do a mock booking or have a above average TA that looks out for you. I check prices at least twice a week, we have had as many as 5 price drops honored by Royal for a single cruise. You need to call whoever you booked with for a price reduction. I use the TA website and it just takes a minute or so to search.

I go on the RCL site and do a mock booking.  I've gotten several price reductions, but can't get anymore even though our final payment isn't due for another month or so because there aren't any cabins left in our category. 

55 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I suggest checking prices on August 18, 2027. There likely will be a temporary reduction in prices that day, but that day only. 

You know that falls on a Wednesday, good day for the Walking Dead to travel but not for the rest of us.

Wednesday is named for the god Woden, who is paralleled with the Roman god Mercury, probably because both gods shared attributes of eloquence, the ability to travel, and the guardianship of the dead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

We got a really good rate on harmony by booking very early.

We always book as soon as the new itineraries come out, and rarely see a price lower than what we booked for. IMO, the closer to the cruise date one books, the higher the price they pay. If they do see a "price drop" after they book, it is almost always a reduction from a price that is higher than those who booked early paid for the same cruise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I have 4 cruises booked and they’ve only gone up. It’ll be interesting to see if this summer I can reprice lower like last year. 

Last summer was very unusual because many cruisers delayed booking until the "C" word restrictions were lifted. Trips to Bermuda were still being affected until about December. I booked my three cruises during that time with "C" restrictions still in effect (2023 cruises) and they have all doubled or more before being sold out this year.

I think we will be holding our breath for a long time before there are any price declines in 2023 and even to the end of 3rd quarter 2024.

5 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I think we will be holding our breath for a long time before there are any price declines in 2023 and even to the end of 3rd quarter 2024.

Considering that one of RCL's main competitors just announced that they have to continue to increase their prices due to increased costs of  food, fuel, and labor because they are still losing money even though bookings are back to pre shutdown levels, I doubt we will see lower cruise prices any time soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Considering that one of RCL's main competitors just announced that they have to continue to increase their prices due to increased costs of  food, fuel, and labor because they are still losing money even though bookings are back to pre shutdown levels, I doubt we will see lower cruise prices any time soon.

A cruise line actually stated that they need to continue increasing prices?  No euphimisms such as 'A return to profitability will continue to face strong headwinds'?

21 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

A cruise line actually stated that they need to continue increasing prices?  No euphimisms such as 'A return to profitability will continue to face strong headwinds'?

"We are being flooded with negative cashflow below the waterline and will need additional shoring of the ship's financial structures by all aboard before we set to sea." 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

"We are being flooded with negative cashflow below the waterline and will need additional shoring of the ship's financial structures by all aboard before we set to sea." 

You need to include some reference to Free Surface Effect and the stability of the business.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You need to include some reference to Free Surface Effect and the stability of the business.

You got it!

""We are being flooded with negative cashflow below the waterline with its associated 'Free Cash Effect' which has led to instability of the ship's financial condition. We will be acquiring additional shoring of the ship's financial structures by asking all aboard to buy an Unlimited Drink Package and Unlimited Dining Package before setting sail. After all, our stockholders are the reason we stay afloat. We thank you for your continued support."

• Thanks 1

To keep an eye on prices you can setup a Watchlist for up to 5 cruises on the RCCL website. i have a Watchlist for cruises that I think might go down in price or where I want to see if a particular cabin type is available if I’m looking for a more desirable cabin location. I check this a couple of times a day, and often I luck out.

Alaska prices have really dropped.

I am seeing Insides for under 350 and I got a balcony on the Ovation for 750 which included 175 in OBC and a 200 flight credit.

Carribean prices are still elevated. They will eventually drop once the post covid travel surge and trip credits are worked through. 

I am seeing large price drops in hotels, rental cars, and flights for most markets.