Has Celebrity taken the same route as Royal?

DJLDRUMS

Did the Celebrity fleet follow the same "choose your morning or evening cabin attendant cleaning" option for those in the lower tier cabins?

Sister Line Royal will have all their ships completed by the end of April.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Celebrity was still doing twice a day service in January.  They do offer a Go Green option if you only want cleaning once a day but they still come in twice a day to replace used towels, evening turndown, etc.  If you opt in to Go Green you get an extra days captains club points.  We didn't notice any difference is service.

• Like 4

No, Celebrity has not.  They don't follow everything Royal does and I imagine they are trying to stay competitive with brands like Princess and Holland which I believe both still offer twice a day service.  Royal competes more with Carnival and NCL, both of which have gone down to once a day service.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Beyond me why anyone needs a cabin cleaning twice a day.

Well, we don’t need it “cleaned” so much as new towels.  At home I certainly use my towels more than once…but I have plenty of room to hang them up to dry at home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We don't need it cleaned twice a day but do want our bed made, wet towels replaced, etc. It's nice to come back to a turned down bed and clean bathroom after our pre dinner shower. Go Green works for us with evening cleaning.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

No, Celebrity has not.  They don't follow everything Royal does and I imagine they are trying to stay competitive with brands like Princess and Holland which I believe both still offer twice a day service.  Royal competes more with Carnival and NCL, both of which have gone down to once a day service.

Unfortunately with fees they do, room service and additional lobster tails

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Cabin service, not necessarily a "cleaning". It is nice to come back from dinner/evening out to old towels/bathroom mat removed/replaced, bed made (especially for those of us who like to catch a quick afternoon nap, ice replenished, any afternoon dishes removed, and fresh wine glasses. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

"Need" has nothing to do with it. Twice daily room cleaning is a luxury and, by definition, luxuries are not needs. I do not need twice daily room cleaning but I do like having my room cleaned in the morning and still having fresh towels and ice delivered every evening. Luxuries have long been part of cruising and, even though I do not need them, I miss them when they disappear, and they are disappearing one by one. Among the things that I miss are midnight buffets with ice carvings, indoor cinemas and well-stocked libraries. I do not need any of those things.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

It's a special touch to come back for the night and have the bed already made and a bathroom without wet towels on the floor.  You generally don't get that at land hotels or land AI resorts which are cruise lines closest competitors

• Like 7

Especially in Caribbean, going to beaches and showering before dinner, we welcome fresh towels for the next morning.  Towels just do not dry in the bathroom on the ship.  We also appreciate the bed turndown service.

• Like 3

Hopefully Celebrity doesn't ever follow RC lead on this. We'll still continue with the traditional stateroom service. If stopped then we would request the morning service and also request extra towels, Celebrity Today, ice  and the pillow chocolates. Never did the save the waves or the go green program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Unfortunately with fees they do, room service and additional lobster tails

Not in isolation though.  In those scenarios, they are still watching closer competitors like Holland and Princess.  Holland has a number of fees in their dining room as well as fees related to anything but basic room service.  I don't think Holland even offers lobster on their included MDR menu any night.  Princess's room service menu is just continental plus only one hot item.

7 hours ago, prmssk said:

Since RCI has owned Celebrity since 1997, it's only a matter of time before another "shoe drops"!!! 

5 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Not in isolation though.  In those scenarios, they are still watching closer competitors like Holland and Princess.  Holland has a number of fees in their dining room as well as fees related to anything but basic room service.  I don't think Holland even offers lobster on their included MDR menu any night.  Princess's room service menu is just continental plus only one hot item.

I would say Princess is their closet direct competitor but that there would be be more first time X sailers coming from the RCI loyals who are ready to try a more upscale experience as they receive some benefits due to the status match

RCI and CCL both offer their complimentary lobster one night but for an upcharge, you can order it any night from the MDR for a small fee.  CCL also allows you to purchase a sushi boat, X could offer that too.  If X followed this (I wrongfully assumed this would have happened during the restart), it would have been much more creative way increase on board spending and yet still offer premium food every night.  This is because of how difficult it is to secure a specialty dining reservation before 9pm once on board for non-suite guests.  If you're a RCIer trying X for the first time, see MEATLOAF on the menu so they ask the waiter for a lobster tail on a night it's not offered, the staff will say "no".  I believe the more upscale/luxury experience would be for them to say "sure, coming right up!"

RCI's recent menu:

image.png.66b4ed12825b47d993f2552b96add2fd.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Did the Celebrity fleet follow the same "choose your morning or evening cabin attendant cleaning" option for those in the lower tier cabins?

Sister Line Royal will have all their ships completed by the end of April.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

I was on the Summit in February.  It was a charter, but I don't think that mattered.

The cabin was serviced twice a day - regular cleaning in the morning, turndown in the evening.  I was not offered a choice.

BTW, on the Royal cruise I had last month (another charter), the service schedule was actually the same as I described on the Summit above - morning cleaning, evening turndown, no options given.

YMMV.  You're welcome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I was on the Summit in February.  It was a charter, but I don't think that mattered.

The cabin was serviced twice a day - regular cleaning in the morning, turndown in the evening.  I was not offered a choice.

BTW, on the Royal cruise I had last month (another charter), the service schedule was actually the same as I described on the Summit above - morning cleaning, evening turndown, no options given.

YMMV.  You're welcome.

Which Royal ship were you on? We were on the Voyager 3/19-3/26, as of March 26th the one cabin cleaning a day option was going into effect. Our cabin attendant told us that by the end of April all of the fleet were to be completed. Thanks for your reply the same with others who have replied as well.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

YMMV.  You're welcome.

Have never been "offered" the once a day service.  Have seen door hanger type ads for the service and a note in the daily planner on every cruise.  They do not push the green service.  You need to request.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Thanks 2