Bag Tags won't print properly for May 3 cruise...can't see how to order any

luvtravel

Getting ready for our May 3 cruise out of Vancouver.  Just today got access to documents and the bag tags won't print properly. Cuts off the vital info.   Could not see a link to order any either.  We'll be staying at the PanAm in Vancouver and the hotel staff will take the bags down to the ship for us--but we need the tags on it.  Trying to avoid a bag drop line if possible.  Anyone else have to this problem - and a solution.  Thanks for any help - will be much appreciated.

Only Canada and the US booked cruises were able to order luggage tags. But that has changed. I cant remember when our last tags were mailed to us. It has to be about a year or more now. I'm thinking Oct 2021.

Sounds like a problem with the scaling you are using for your printer.   Check and make sure you have 8 1/2 x 11 and actual size selected.

You also might try via the web site and click link and you should be able to pop up just the boarding pass.  

image.thumb.png.bc6d3ccbd7f0f6e8cba8e71d20edf28f.png\

2023-04-07_13-54-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, luvtravel said:

Getting ready for our May 3 cruise out of Vancouver.  Just today got access to documents and the bag tags won't print properly. Cuts off the vital info.   Could not see a link to order any either.  We'll be staying at the PanAm in Vancouver and the hotel staff will take the bags down to the ship for us--but we need the tags on it.  Trying to avoid a bag drop line if possible.  Anyone else have to this problem - and a solution.  Thanks for any help - will be much appreciated.

Worst case the hotel could most likely print them off or they'll have self-serve computers/printers; do it right when you check-in, then it's done and you don't have to think about them again

Other than the tags did your printer print everything else okay?  Would need to see your printer settings to determine what is off, might just be a portrait / landscape thing

Are you in North America or the UK? If you’re in the UK, your paper size will need to be changed to Letter.

And even if you’re in NA, check your printer settings. With a recent update on my work computer, my paper settings were all out of whack. 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Have never had a bag drop line.  Always just handed to the porter.

Your hotel concierge can also print them for you.

Only time I saw one was in Hawaii, the bag drop line was at their giant luggage scanner

Also, a bag drop line could be confused as a "need baggage tags" line.  In some ports the porters can whip out a blank tag and write your stateroom number on it.  For other ports, and this was a recent change to L.A., they apparently don't trust we can accurately remember our own room numbers so the porters will direct you to the need baggage tag line where they'll lookup your name on a passengers list to verify your room number.  If the ship is mostly full and you show up during peak times, that line can get long

12 hours ago, luvtravel said:

Cuts off the vital info.  

What vital info is cut off ? 

Are you printing direct from the web site or a downloaded pdf file of your cruise docs ?

Edited by JBare
extra question.

I have the tag emailed from Celebrity and then take my cell to the UPS Store and have them print as many as I wish...need plus fallback for grace...not expensive and they look fantastic...higher grade paper than mine so...

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 4:27 AM, JBare said:

or a downloaded pdf file of your cruise docs ?

This always works for me.

Save that page with the bag tag on it to a PDF file. 

Then print as many copies of that as you like. 

You can of course save the entire edocs as another  file as well, if you want to go back and read it.