Balcony room on Symphony or JS on Freedom?

1 hour ago, Denversail said:

I personally don’t like the freedom class ships. I would do voyager class before freedom class. Oasis class is my favorite. I loved the symphony.

Since Freedom class ships are just a bigger version of Voyager class ships, why do you like Voyager and not Freedom?

• Like 1

JS on the Freedom will have a bit more space...including a sofa and a chaise lounger. We love the coffee machine, the tub, and the walk-in closet. Freedom is gracefully aging.

Balcony on the Symphony will be a bit tight (but doable) with a 4 and 8 year old...but we love the fact that there's just so much more for the family to do onboard the Symphony.

We love both ships...but would vote for the Freedom if you've never done a JS.

You can do the balcony on Symphony the next cruuse. Happy sailing.

:classic_smile:

Jr. Suite for four.  You will have much more room.  While the Freedom is older, you still have many great amenities for your family.  I do not recommend the voyager class as one poster suggested.  They are in dire need of redoing.  Sailed on the Adventure in May and was so disappointed.  Overall we love Royal and the Oasis class our favorite, but the freedom class comes next.  Looking foward to the icon of the seas next year.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

Good views on both sides.   Personally, with two small children, I would definitely do the Junior suite for comfort with a family of four.   You would still have a wonderful time and plenty of activities for the children.    You will still have a wonderful time with either ship.   Have a great cruise!

10 hours ago, SuperPlanner said:

Same length, like ports of call equally, would you choose a balcony room on Symphony or Junior Suite on Freedom (same price) for 2 adults, 4 year old, and 8 year old?

Balcony on Symphony. We just sailed her in December and had a fantastic time. More dining choices would lean me to Symphony every time. Freedom is a nice ship, but after having spent a lot of time relaxing in Central Park, I would take the Oasis class ship. 

1 hour ago, CruisingWalter said:

Balcony on Symphony. We just sailed her in December and had a fantastic time. More dining choices would lean me to Symphony every time. Freedom is a nice ship, but after having spent a lot of time relaxing in Central Park, I would take the Oasis class ship. 

They're not gonna be able to really enjoy either of those things with small children. That type of relaxation is a luxury of the childless (or those with older children).

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

They are in dire need of redoing.  Sailed on the Adventure in May and was so disappointed.

Adventure is going into drydock in November 2024, so those concerns may eventually be resolved.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Definitely Symphony with a balcony.  Besides some extra space there is very little difference between a JS and a balcony perk wise.  Symphony has so much more to offer otherwise it would be a slam dunk for us.

As I've stated many times, Symphony is by far my favorite ship in the fleet, so far.  I'd stay on the lowest deck in an interior cabin right next to the boiler room.  I enjoyed her that much.