Oceana lives on!

Jonem2001

Having never sailed with P&O whilst she was in the fleet, I was amused to see this in the lift lobby on our final Aurora night last night:

8E0AF144-6650-42A2-B5A8-FD3766C9B065.thumb.jpeg.dd2edfe343b5004ecf36d472c129fd11.jpeg

Looks like P&O take their heritage seriously… up to and including reusing their luggage trollies. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

We were on one of the last cruises on Oriana (or it might have been Oceana. ) and I kept saying when we walked around the deck I wish they would sell the lovely wooden benches off that had the life belts in . They had the name of the ship on the front. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonem2001 said:

Having never sailed with P&O whilst she was in the fleet, I was amused to see this in the lift lobby on our final Aurora night last night:

8E0AF144-6650-42A2-B5A8-FD3766C9B065.thumb.jpeg.dd2edfe343b5004ecf36d472c129fd11.jpeg

Looks like P&O take their heritage seriously… up to and including reusing their luggage trollies. 

You misunderstand... 

They are not reusing the luggage trollies, that is all that is left of her... 😂

Andy 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

We were on one of the last cruises on Oriana (or it might have been Oceana. ) and I kept saying when we walked around the deck I wish they would sell the lovely wooden benches off that had the life belts in . They had the name of the ship on the front. 

When one of the P&O ships was sold (it may well have been Oriana) I remember there being a website where you could buy items such as furniture from the ship. 

5 hours ago, amajaa said:

I would have bought one as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

When one of the P&O ships was sold (it may well have been Oriana) I remember there being a website where you could buy items such as furniture from the ship. 

Oh I didn’t know that, those benches would have been excellent for the garden

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Oh I didn’t know that, those benches would have been excellent for the garden

I’m struggling to remember the detail, but it was mostly things that I didn’t consider to be particularly collectible. I remember seeing interior seats that I recalled from cruising on her, but nothing particular that tempted me. I suspect that the really desirable things didn’t make it as far as the public sell off. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Don't let @Presto2 read this 🤣

You know me too well..  I was just about to comment. I may be in Italy but am still keeping a check on you all.

Ps And before Pete14 says anything Oceana does not live on as baked bean cans .....

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

You know me too well..  I was just about to comment. I may be in Italy but am still keeping a check on you all.

Ps And before Pete14 says anything Oceana does not live on as baked bean cans .....

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not you as well ................

26 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

A million housewives ever day pick up a tin of beans and say......Oceana.

Take no notice of them Presto !

No Way would they turn your beloved ship into a tin of old beans 🙂

Here she is 🤣  🤣...SMTO.jpg.6c6bdf033a5ced2499167cffccfd4e3b.jpg

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, kalos said:

Take no notice of them Presto !

No Way would they turn your beloved ship into a tin of old beans 🙂

Here she is 🤣  🤣...SMTO.jpg.6c6bdf033a5ced2499167cffccfd4e3b.jpg

But we're talking about Oceana not Oceania 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:44 AM, AndyMichelle said:

You misunderstand... 

They are not reusing the luggage trollies, that is all that is left of her... 😂

Andy 

Noo, please don't say that Andy.😢 I still have fond memories of a 4 week Eastern Med cruise on the lovely old girl. Leave me with my dreams.☺️

Avril

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I am sure the baked bean cans she contributed towards have now all been used and not recycled back into a boat. 😇

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Noo, please don't say that Andy.😢 I still have fond memories of a 4 week Eastern Med cruise on the lovely old girl. Leave me with my dreams.☺️

Avril

I love you Avril ..... x

• Thanks 1