LIVE/ Celebrity Millennium 4/15-4/21

MeganGC1983

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Capacity on a cruise ship is 2 per cabin even when the cabin holds 4 or 5, sooo plus capacity is when it is 100% plus extra the 3 and 4s. 

Oh I thought the published capacity is based on the maximum capacity of life boats, so that would be the absolute maximum number of passengers the ship is allowed to carry. That’s why I was surprised to hear 3000 passenger count for the 2500 capacity ship.

48 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I’d love to cruise where they are that much below capacity…. I have a friend who won’t cruise because she feels like it’s too “people-ly”!

Also, Team Beets here._

I’ve heard sailings out of San Juan normally have lower capacity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moochi said:

Very curious the actual passenger count for your sailing, and how they can oversell a cruise. If you have a chance to ask, do you mind sharing in your live post? 

It sounds worrisome when there are unassigned GTY cabins and every cabin shows sold on the website.

I will see who I can talk with concerning how staterooms are sold.  My assumption is that GTY staterooms were sold and those same stateroom were booked under normal bookings thus resulting in people with the normal booking being asked to accept a lower category stateroom.  

There is a difference between capacity and not having the rooms they sold to passengers.  In talking with the Captain on our last cruise, non-Celebrity, 100% capacity is reached when the passenger head count equals the number of two passengers per stateroom.  Our sailing was 115% in this instances due to the high number of children aboard. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

At comedy. I can’t react to any of your comments. Don’t get offended but I’m on ship wifi and back in. 

image.jpg

Can't react, huh?

Did I ever tell you that you are my hero? 

You are everything I want to be! 

You are the wind beneath my wings!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Not sure that's fashion, though! :-0

Maybe, maybe not. I haven't seen her face. Good fashion involves drawing attention toward one's best attributes and away from the less attractive attributes. That's why a butherface will show lots of cleavage and/or leg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Aloha. We have been blessed to have visited San Juan countless times and sailed in the Millennium several times including long B2B european voyages.  Love Celebrity as we started sailing during their first incarnation in the Meridian. That said and enough of us, i enjoy thoroughly your posts and pictures and your love of life. May you have a wonderful vacay!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes. Right now, it’s to get DH up and get moving. The plan was to go to Red Hook and over to Trunk Bay but time is ticking. 

that's a far trip.. but great beach &  snorkel trai

we heard there is a ferry right at or  near Crown Bay to a nearby beach/ island/ bar .....if you decide on that or somethiing closer..would love to hear abt it..

• Like 1

Following along and finally caught up on the read. We will be sailing Millennium around Japan next May. Would like to ask if you could post some pics of the common areas. Would like to see how the revolutionizing of the ship went. So far pics you have posted looks like she is looking good. 

Thanks for posting! 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Finally caught up. After my Virgin sailing last week just looking at these pictures I'm like "nope, not for me." But I also said I was done cruising after my Alaska cruise last spring. I think I'm a full Virgin convert, the look of these traditional ships does nada for me anymore. I almost feel like I've completed a 12 step program. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 3