New legal language from Celebrity?

chamima

Just got this in an email from Celebrity.

Anyone know what it means in practical terms?

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,
We’ve made some important changes to our legal terms applicable to your cruise purchase and other activities, services, and products related to your cruise.
Since you are currently booked on a voyage that departs on or after April 12, 2023, the new legal terms will apply to your cruise. No action is required on your part, but if you wish to view the changes that are now applicable to all guests booked on or after April 12, 2023, they’re available to you, here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/guest-terms
Here’s a highlight of the most important changes:

• The Cruise Ticket Contract or Booking Conditions applicable to your cruise purchase are now determined by your Primary Country of Residence. *

• The forum selection, exclusive jurisdiction and choice of law provisions have been modified to and now correlate to your Primary Country of Residence*or the location of your cruise itinerary.

• We have updated our cancellation and COVID-19 policies.

We invite you to visit our newly created Guest Terms website to review, download, or print the terms and conditions that apply to you.

Thank you again for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We can't wait to welcome you onboard soon!

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

*Primary Country of Residence means the country where you primarily reside at the time of booking the cruise as indicated by you, your agent, or other representative at the time of booking the cruise or at online check-in. This applies to each guest on a booking on an individual basis.

• Haha 1

I just received an email indicating that there are new terms and conditions.  Can anyone tell me the difference.  I'm not sure when it ended but it appears that any assistance if you contract Covid is over.  I guess the Worry-free Promise is over.  Just prorated refund for days in quarantine.  What have I missed? 

Here's the link.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/guest-terms/

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
more info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I receive this email

50x50_everbridge.png

Celebrity Cruises Express Notification Alerts <noreply@everbridge.net>
To:gerelmx

Wed, Apr 12 at 12:36 PM

Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’ve made some important changes to our legal terms applicable to your cruise purchase and other activities, services, and products related to your cruise.

Since you are currently booked on a voyage that departs on or after April 12, 2023, the new legal terms will apply to your cruise. No action is required on your part, but if you wish to view the changes that are now applicable to all guests booked on or after April 12, 2023, they’re available to you, here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/guest-terms

Here’s a highlight of the most important changes:

• The Cruise Ticket Contract or Booking Conditions applicable to your cruise purchase are now determined by your Primary Country of Residence. *

• The forum selection, exclusive jurisdiction and choice of law provisions have been modified to and now correlate to your Primary Country of Residence*or the location of your cruise itinerary.

• We have updated our cancellation and COVID-19 policies.

We invite you to visit our newly created Guest Terms website to review, download, or print the terms and conditions that apply to you.

Thank you again for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We can't wait to welcome you onboard soon!

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

*Primary Country of Residence means the country where you primarily reside at the time of booking the cruise as indicated by you, your agent, or other representative at the time of booking the cruise or at online check-in. This applies to each guest on a booking on an individual basis.

©2023 Celebrity Cruises. Ships' Registry: Malta

Celebrity Cruises
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
1-800-280-3423
Edited by gerelmx

As I read it if they make you leave the ship due to COVID you are on your own for accommodations and travel home though you will get a refund for the days not on the ship. Not really sure how that situation fits in with our travel insurance as to is it a delay or some other definition.  Additional travel costs could get expensive.

• Like 1

I always thought that the terms and conditions that were in place when you made your reservation were the terms and conditions that apply to your cruise.  Maybe I missed the part that indicates that Celebrity can change the terms and conditions whenever they want.

• Like 18

Just now, Ipeeinthepools said:

I always thought that the terms and conditions that were in place when you made your reservation were the terms and conditions that apply to your cruise.  Maybe I missed the part that indicates that Celebrity can change the terms and conditions whenever they want.

Read section 20 if you really want to worry.

21 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I got the e-mail, clicked on the link, and it said nothing about Covid.  Perhaps at some point, Celebrity will see fit to release all the new terms and conditions.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

PASSENGER IS FURTHER DIRECTED TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO SECTION 4 AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT WWW.CELEBRITYCRUISES.COM WHICH CONTAIN IMPORTANT TERMS, CONDITIONS, POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS RELATED TO COVID-19.

e. Passenger Testing Positive for COVID-19 Pre-Cruise. Passenger agrees that if at any time within five (5) days prior to embarkation, Passenger tests positive for COVID-19, exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or Carrier otherwise determines in its sole discretion that Passenger is unfit to board because of any communicable illness, Carrier may deny boarding to such Passenger. Unless Carrier determines that Passenger has failed to comply with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, any Passenger denied boarding under these circumstances will be entitled to either a refund or a future cruise credit equal in value to the Cruise Fare Passenger paid to Carrier, as provided in Carrier’s COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy. Carrier, in its sole discretion, may require Passenger to provide verification satisfactory to Carrier of Passenger’s positive test result if the test was administered by a provider other than those retained by Carrier. If Passenger seeks to cancel their cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19, please refer to Carrier’s COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy at www.celebritycruises.com. Under no circumstances shall Carrier have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.

f. Passenger Testing Positive for COVID-19 During Cruise. Passenger understands and agrees that if, after boarding, and even if Passenger has fully complied with all COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, Passenger tests positive for COVID-19 or exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, Carrier may disembark, refuse re-boarding after a shore excursion, or quarantine Passenger as well as members of Passenger’s travelling party, or take other steps which Carrier determines, in its sole discretion, are necessary under the circumstances to protect the health and well-being of others. Under these circumstances, any such Passenger with a known or suspected case of infection with COVID-19 who is disembarked, refused re-boarding, or quarantined shall be entitled to either a prorated refund, or a future cruise credit for the unused portion of the Cruise Fare, as provided in Carrier’s COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy. For further details, refer to Carrier’s COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy at www.celebritycruises.com. Each such Passenger is responsible for all other related costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses. Under no circumstances shall Carrier be liable to any such Passenger for any costs, damages or expenses whatsoever incurred by any Passenger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Read section 4 on Covid.   If you test positive in the 5 days prior you are entitled to a refund/FCC.

I thought the current covid policies covered sailing through the end of April.........

I think the part they eliminated is where they agree to pay for lodging, travel and other expenses if you get kicked off the ship.  I guess they can kick you off the ship in any port and any additional expenses are yours.

3 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I think the part they eliminated is where they agree to pay for lodging, travel and other expenses if you get kicked off the ship.

I think that went away last May for all areas other than Europe.   I don't believe they have been paying expenses off the ship this Caribbean season, although I've not heard of anyone being put off for covid either.

1 minute ago, Dar &amp; Bob said:

I don't think that section is new.  The fuel surcharges were always there if I remember correctly. 

I wasn't saying it was new although it may have been made more general.  It looks like they can now charge you anything at anytime and you have no recourse.  I'm envisioning a "debt recovery fee".😀

Thank goodness there's also the court of public opinion and bad press.  That's what killed the fuel surcharge last time.

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wasn't saying it was new although it may have been made more general.  It looks like they can now charge you anything at anytime and you have no recourse.  I'm envisioning a "debt recovery fee".😀

Thank goodness there's also the court of public opinion and bad press.  That's what killed the fuel surcharge last time.

No chnages on 20.

NEW_

20. SUPPLEMENT CHARGES:
Operator reserves the right to impose a supplemental charge relating to unanticipated occurrences including, but not limited to, increases in the price of fuel. Any such supplement charges may apply, at Operator’s sole discretion, to both existing and new bookings (regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full). Such supplements are not included in the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare.

Old from May 2022

20. SUPPLEMENT CHARGES: Operator reserves the right to impose a supplemental charge relating to unanticipated occurrences including, but not limited to, increases in the price of fuel. Any such supplement charges may apply, at Operator’s sole discretion, to both existing and new bookings (regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full). Such supplements are not included in the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare.

Edited by Dar & Bob
  • Thanks 1

The Australian terms and conditions still include free room service, and dont’t seem to have the we can change that at any time clause.

Room service

Room service is complimentary, except when ordered between 11pm – 6am when a service fee of US$4.95 will be charged. For Suite guests, room service is complimentary 24hrs a day. Room service is available on all ships, except Celebrity Xpedition, Flora, Xperience and Xploration.

wonder if anyone from Australia has disputed the room service charges?

36 minutes ago, Dar &amp; Bob said:

No chnages on 20.

NEW_

20. SUPPLEMENT CHARGES:
Operator reserves the right to impose a supplemental charge relating to unanticipated occurrences including, but not limited to, increases in the price of fuel. Any such supplement charges may apply, at Operator’s sole discretion, to both existing and new bookings (regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full). Such supplements are not included in the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare.

Old from May 2022

20. SUPPLEMENT CHARGES: Operator reserves the right to impose a supplemental charge relating to unanticipated occurrences including, but not limited to, increases in the price of fuel. Any such supplement charges may apply, at Operator’s sole discretion, to both existing and new bookings (regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full). Such supplements are not included in the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare.

Looks much the same.  The biggest change is if you book showing a residence in say the EU, those rules stay in place even if your address changes to say USA 

This effects those in the UK for example that gave a USA address and booked with a USA TA.  They now are subject to USA rules that are less passenger friendly.

• Like 1

This part on COVID concerns me - "may or will include mandatory use of face coverings outside of passenger's cabin."  Is this in case of a severe outbreak?

COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Passenger understands that Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) providing an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any and all health or travel-related questions as required by Carrier in its sole discretion, for each Passenger prior to boarding; (2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Passenger; (3) modified capacity rules for activities (including but not limited to restaurants, gyms, and entertainment events onboard and for shore excursions) which may limit or eliminate the ability of Passenger to participate in particular activities; (4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carrier-approved shore excursions; (7) mandatory hand- sanitizing by Passenger upon entry or exit of any public areas; (8) confinement of Passengers to cabins, quarantine or emergency disembarkation of Passenger if, in Carrier’s sole discretion, such steps are necessary to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19; 

3 minutes ago, JeriGail said:

This part on COVID concerns me - "may or will include mandatory use of face coverings outside of passenger's cabin."  Is this in case of a severe outbreak?

Why exactly are you concerned?  The lawyers have included language in the contract to try to cover eventualities that may or may not occur.  I'd say all of this is pretty standard stuff nowadays.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1