Soda cup with classic drink package?

OCVTSGIRL

Traveling on the Summit in a month.  Diamond on RCCL and it has been years since sailing on a Celebrity ship.  My question is...we have the classic drink package and I'm wondering if we are given a refillable cup to use?  We get one on Royal Caribbean and are able to fill it at soda machines.

56 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Traveling on the Summit in a month.  Diamond on RCCL and it has been years since sailing on a Celebrity ship.  My question is...we have the classic drink package and I'm wondering if we are given a refillable cup to use?  We get one on Royal Caribbean and are able to fill it at soda machines.

Thank God No, I hated those cups on RCL , so tacky 

• Like 3

Does Royal Caribbean expect you to keep refilling the same cup for the entire cruise? Are you supposed to carry it around everywhere you go and wash it in your bathroom?

No souvenir cups on Celebrity. You can have a fresh glass with every beverage.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carried_Away said:

Does Royal Caribbean expect you to keep refilling the same cup for the entire cruise? Are you supposed to carry it around everywhere you go and wash it in your bathroom?

Pretty much or you can do like I do and ask a bartender to wash/rinse it out for you when you have them fill it up at the bar.  You are not restricted to the free style machines as you can order any of the fountain drinks served at the bars.  They just did not have the variety that is in the machines. 

On 4/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, DaKahuna said:

You are not restricted to the free style machines as you can order any of the fountain drinks served at the bars.  They just did not have the variety that is in the machines. 

BUT you don't get the nasty mixed taste from whatever concoction the person before you at the freestyle machines had.

The only place I use those is at the movie theater - where there is no choice - and I let my selected beverage run for a couple of seconds before I put my cup underneath to clear the spout from lord only knows what flavors other people had. It usually works - but occasionally I still get a weird taste.

There was a limited variety of sodas available on Beyond.  By mid cruise, some Coca Cola products were unavailable.  All came in cans at the bars.  

No problems with too much or little carbonated water that occurs when using one of those machines.  Cans are the way to go for best taste.  

Edited by keesar

On 4/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

No refillable cups.  Can go to any bar, or bar service staff, walking around, will get you a soda.

About 10 years ago we got an insulated mug when we bought a coffee with Kailua that the would refill on an Antarctic cruise.  Wonder where it is today.