Summer 2025

swanseaboy

New summer 2025 collection coming soon

Look to the not-too-distant future and choose a sensational cruise from our new summer collection. Because we all know how the seasons come around in no time. Before you can say ‘Britain’s favourite cruise line’, you’ll be watching the sun set in stunning locations and waking up eager to explore, taste and try more as each new day dawns.

Secure your holiday before it even goes on sale from 19 April 2023

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, swanseaboy said:

Taken from the front page of P&O website. Looks like you can book from 19th April 2023 (but it isn't very clear). Just a heads up 🙂

Itineraries released on 19/4 and presumably pre-registration starts then. Official on sale dates are 26/4 for Caribbean and above then general sale is 27/4 for March - June 25 and 28/4 for July - October 25.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Itineraries released on 19/4 and presumably pre-registration starts then. Official on sale dates are 26/4 for Caribbean and above then general sale is 27/4 for March - June 25 and 28/4 for July - October 25.

I think what it said previously was pre registration starts on 19th April, so possibly cruises will be released a day or two before then.  Not long now, I was just looking at the advance details (that had been leaked early), 

this afternoon.  I wonder what the prices will be like.  Not cheap, I suspect.

52 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Ooh! We're on Arvia up until the 30th, so will hopefully bag something with low deposit and extra OBC🤞

• Like 5

1 hour ago, swanseaboy said:

Taken from the front page of P&O website. Looks like you can book from 19th April 2023 (but it isn't very clear). Just a heads up 🙂

Yes if you book through P&O you will have a firm booking once you have pre registered, the problem with that being you can only choose a cabin grade and not even request specific cabins in even if you pay select fare.  You can change the cabin number allocated when sales go live - you will not be notified of allocated cabin number until mid morning though so only according to availability.  You will not be able to cancel if you do not like your cabin number though.

If you pre register with an agent, you can request specific cabin numbers and you do not confirm your booking until after the cruise sales go live, later in the month.  For a very popular cruise, or cabin grade, you may find that the price has gone up before an agent can book you, or your preferred cabins are not available.  Swings and roundabouts, though not sure there will be any really popular cruises that will sell out this time, given that prices seem to be going down towards sailing date, instead of up.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tring said:

Yes if you book through P&O you will have a firm booking once you have pre registered, the problem with that being you can only choose a cabin grade and not even request specific cabins in even if you pay select fare.  You can change the cabin number allocated when sales go live - you will not be notified of allocated cabin number until mid morning though so only according to availability.  You will not be able to cancel if you do not like your cabin number though.

If you pre register with an agent, you can request specific cabin numbers and you do not confirm your booking until after the cruise sales go live, later in the month.  For a very popular cruise, or cabin grade, you may find that the price has gone up before an agent can book you, or your preferred cabins are not available.  Swings and roundabouts, though not sure there will be any really popular cruises that will sell out this time, given that prices seem to be going down towards sailing date, instead of up.

Never known the price to increase before the TAs have booked all their clients, and rather strangely TAs get first pick of the cabins since they start at 8:00am, whereas P&O don't commence bookings until 9:00am.

• Like 2

Not sure when they are on general sale, we received this:

Key dates for your diary

Register your interest

19apr.png  

From 8.30am on Wednesday 19 April
to 8pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023
Add to calendar

(Please note, on Sundays you will only be able to register
your interest via our website or through your travel agent)

Exclusively on sale for Caribbean, Baltic
and Ligurian tier members of the
P&O Cruises Peninsular Club

26apr.png

From 8.30am to 8pm
on Wednesday 26 April 2023
Add to calendar

Edited by DamianG

13 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Not sure when they are on general sale, we received this:

Key dates for your diary

Register your interest

19apr.png  

From 8.30am on Wednesday 19 April
to 8pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023
Add to calendar

(Please note, on Sundays you will only be able to register
your interest via our website or through your travel agent)

Exclusively on sale for Caribbean, Baltic
and Ligurian tier members of the
P&O Cruises Peninsular Club

26apr.png

From 8.30am to 8pm
on Wednesday 26 April 2023
Add to calendar

See post 3 from Britboys

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

The dates I posted above were from the website of that well-known cruise TA that many of us on here use...

Yes, I went back and re-read your post after @Rupert2251 referred me to it. I've been up for ages but not truly woken up yet!

Can't wait for the new itineraries even if they are the usual ports for summer school holidays. Fingers crossed there is something appropriate for us that includes Civitavecchia as our son is keen to revisit the water polo club there. We'll just be happy with a good pizza for lunch!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TigerB said:

Ooh! We're on Arvia up until the 30th, so will hopefully bag something with low deposit and extra OBC🤞

Same here.  A milestone event for us in 2025 so looking to get something.  I wonder whether the new hard copy brochures will be available on board?  Hopefully on Sunday!  See you in the queue when booking opens on board!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

is there any real savings by booking this far ahead?

Probably not at the moment as cruise lines are struggling to fill the ships and offering ridiculous last minute deals. This puts some off from booking early. Some people book early to secure their preferred cabin and are happy to pay a premium for the privilege.

Booking at release would usually secure the best deal with P&O with the added bonus of extra OBC and £50 deposit if booked onboard however this has changed since covid. It may or may not revert back.

We book early for bucket list cruises as we know from experience that some would be booked up even before they went on general sale, however even that has changed. For run of the mill cruises we usually wait until a month before unless what we see a deal that tempts us. 

31 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

is there any real savings by booking this far ahead?

For Peninsular members there is 10% off the brochure price, and 5% for all others. But with fluid pricing in 2 yrs time who's to say whether that was a good deal or not.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

For Peninsular members there is 10% off the brochure price, and 5% for all others. But with fluid pricing in 2 yrs time who's to say whether that was a good deal or not.

Does the 10% discount also apply if you book on board?

From what I remember though, when P&O put prices on their newly released cruises, they claim they are already discounted by 5%, so Peninsular members get 5% off those prices and non Peninsular members will pay the price quoted. 

I do not remember that changing, but perhaps I could be wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tring said:

From what I remember though, when P&O put prices on their newly released cruises, they claim they are already discounted by 5%, so Peninsular members get 5% off those prices and non Peninsular members will pay the price quoted. 

I do not remember that changing, but perhaps I could be wrong.

Yes, I've been caught out by that before; and when I've pointed out they only gave me a 5% Peninsular discount, the reply was that the price is already discounted by the initial 5%.

• Thanks 1

Well I’ve still got to move my October cruise and next year’s cruises aren’t suitable for various reasons so I might move it when these new ones are released.

I’ve seen some ‘bargains’ recently like £399 for Iona to Norway but when I look ( I want a balcony for Norway) that £399 turns into £1000+ to choose a balcony so no different to normal prices.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Probably not at the moment as cruise lines are struggling to fill the ships and offering ridiculous last minute deals. This puts some off from booking early. Some people book early to secure their preferred cabin and are happy to pay a premium for the privilege.

Booking at release would usually secure the best deal with P&O with the added bonus of extra OBC and £50 deposit if booked onboard however this has changed since covid. It may or may not revert back.

We book early for bucket list cruises as we know from experience that some would be booked up even before they went on general sale, however even that has changed. For run of the mill cruises we usually wait until a month before unless what we see a deal that tempts us. 

Ive seen some crazy deals lately on P&O inside cabins so i guess this might apply to balcony cabins best or above?. 

Personally i just dont know what i will fancy doing in 2023 let alone 2025 for the sake of 5% doesnt seem worth it. 

P&O is already so much cheaper than Royal so im already saving a lot versus who i normally cruise with. I cant believe the cost of our December Arvia 2 weeks in the Caribbean versus royals pricing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandamonia said:

Ive seen some crazy deals lately on P&O inside cabins so i guess this might apply to balcony cabins best or above?. 

This is the one you have to be wary of, the lead in prices are the tempter on insides, sometimes the balconies do not have the same level of discount. It will depend on how well balconies are selling, on the newer ships which have lots of balconies you are more likely to get a good price, not so with Aurora and Arcadia. Then of course there is the tempter to pay select which isn't much use if all the "best" cabins are sold. It is a bit like cars from £20,000 but if you want the bells and whistles you need to add 20%. Buyer beware.

• Like 3

E-mail today from our favourite TA, advising that I can now register for 2025 summer cruises !

Two new exciting Mediterranean ports, Kotor (nice) and Motril (not nice at all, but handy for Granada). Don't think I'll rush.