Coke Cups

I had one of these sealed in celophane wrap from one of our prior cruises.. i cant see any micro chip at the bottom etc, but is this one of the cups that can be used in the pop michines?  (not our photo)

9BE99932-54E2-4AD0-A9C6-D46D39D48385.jpeg

Edited by mosiegirl
forgot remark

It IS the cup that is used in the machines, but they aren't re-useable, even if they aren't open... the chips are programmed for the cruise they are given out on then expire after about 10 days or so. I mean you can bring it and use it as a cup, it just won't work in the machines

Just now, Scottdalfonso said:

It IS the cup that is used in the machines, but they aren't re-useable, even if they aren't open... the chips are programmed for the cruise they are given out on then expire after about 10 days or so.

That has not been the experience for most people - as long as it's not too old and has not been activated, you can use it on most ships/sailing. The expiration is from the date you start using it - not tied to your sailing/ship.

• Like 2

Just now, Biker19 said:

That has not been the experience for most people - as long as it's not too old and has not been activated, you can use it on most ships/sailing. The expiration is from the date you start using it - not tied to your sailing/ship.

Oh nice... i had seen others say the opposite, but this makes more sense because all they do is hand it to you, so i guess there is no way for the chip to be activated other than using it. That's good to know, and I'm sorry @mosiegirl for the mis-information! 

3 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

i had seen others say the opposite

Folks reporting that are likely either using older cups (very unlikely you could use one from say 5 years ago) or some ships may have a limited range of cups they allow in their Freestyle machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paross4 said:

The ones we received on the Serenade in March (this year) were similar to the old ones.  The main difference was straighter sides and no ships names on them. (just the C&A and Coke logo)

IMG_2669.jpg

I also received this on Anthem in April.  I like it.  Not as bulky to carry around as the old style.

12 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

It IS the cup that is used in the machines, but they aren't re-useable, even if they aren't open... the chips are programmed for the cruise they are given out on then expire after about 10 days or so. I mean you can bring it and use it as a cup, it just won't work in the machines

We have used an un-activated cup on a future cruise before. I think that the timer starts on first use. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, meadowlander said:

How refreshing, an apology for misrepresentation of information intentional or not.  A nice settlement. Well done!

Thanks...I admit when I'm wrong. I misunderstood something I read before and passed it on, unfortunately it was incorrect info and I hate passing on bad info!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaireA1978 said:

Where do we pick one up we sail next week and have the refreshment package

When you board, you can pick one up in most bars, plus there should be a table of them on the Promenade the first day.  They just have to confirm your purchase in the system (they usually check a paper list) and then you can pick a color from what is available.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

When you board, you can pick one up in most bars, plus there should be a table of them on the Promenade the first day.  They just have to confirm your purchase in the system (they usually check a paper list) and then you can pick a color from what is available.

yes, there was a huge table with the tumblers stacked on it, and the crew members were checking your names off of the list when you picked up your cup. If you lose it, there is a $5 replacement fee.

• Like 1