Reflection vs. Silhouette

Stx3me

Hello all,

returned from a 10 day journey on the Silhouette recently and absolutely loved the ship and it seems to have been recently updated. We are thinking about another cruse this Time on the Reflection but we are concerned that it has not had the full makeover that the Silhouette has had.

does anyone have any input on this ship, re. condition?

thanks much.

WE spent 14 days on Reflection this past March. We have sailed Reflection 3 times and also Silhouette 3 times. I would sail Silhouette before I would sail Refection. 

Just for some reason we walked off Reflection saying we think it’s the last time we will sail on her. We enjoyed Refection last year for 14 days but the Reflection vibe just had changed. 

But each persons experience is their own. Like food very subjective.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

I have found the Reflection to be more crowded than Silhouette in general.   This was especially true in Blu.  Plus, the Sky Lounge on Reflection was reduced in size to form a suite on one side.  Silhouette for me.

The Reflection was the last in the S class.   It is one of our favorite ships.  We normally sail in AQ and the Persian Gardens is the best.    Everything else on the ship is basically expanded.  The Sunset bar and the  World Class bar are nicer.   The gym area has more.  The only negative is the Sky Lounge. It was made smaller for more suites.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Also for bourbon lovers , check out Craft Social on Silhouette… many specialty bourbons ( over Premium drink price) but at least good choices, including Knob Creek 9 year, Old Forrester 1920, and Makers Mark 101 ( have had ALL of them, well worth it )…

Although they are sister ships and share many similarities, Reflection has quite a few more cabins for the same capacity of the amenities including pool space and restaurants so there may tend to be more issues with lines for dining in Reflection and lounger availability as opposed to Silhouette.  Suppose if the Reflection isn’t at capacity these issues won’t be noticeable tho. We personally love the Silhouette and just wish it had an M class T-pool 🤔

We have had some great cruises on Reflection.  Our only issue has also been crowding - especially in Blu as they have more AQ cabins but the same size dining room so the tables are even closer together as they shoved more in the room.  We have also, on occasion, had to wait for seating in Blu up to half an hour which is very rare for us as we eat late (8ish).  We also found Ensemble to be more crowded at times as well.

I like both ships... and wouldn't hesitate to go on either... that said I prefer Silhouette ... I like the larger Sky Lounge with its expansive view. On Reflection a chunk of it was turned into suites so the view is reduced... I love going there in the afternoons ..especially when departing various ports. Reflection has a few more cabins so its capacity is about 175 additional passengers. These cabins are on deck 12... which is the pool deck on Silhouette. On Silhouette they have put some cabins where the ilounge was on deck 6... still they're on Reflection... and the card room is still on Reflection..but cabins have replaced that on Silhouette. some of the 'upgrades' on Silhouette are increasing the number of cabins... but still a bit fewer than on Reflection. The differences are relatively minor.  

We love Reflection.  We've not sailed on Silhouette, but we've sailed on Equinox (which is a virtual twin except for having the hot glass studio instead of Lawn Club).  We wouldn't hesitate to sail on either.

Even though Reflection has not been fully revolutionized, she has been well maintained and is in great shape.  Personally, when in suites, we prefer Michael's over the Retreat Lounge.  We also prefer Reflection's Sunset Bar to the one on Equinox (which is the same as the one on Silhouette), but that's a much closer call.