Where did the loyal HAL World Cruise Passengers go now that HAL doesn't have medium size ships?

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What cruise line did former loyal HAL WORLD CRUISE passengers go to?

Which HAL ships do you consider medium size? The largest HAL ships I've been on are Westerdam and Noordam. I thought these were a medium size. I considered Volemdam and Maasdam small, both of which I have been on.

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Which HAL ships do you consider medium size? The largest HAL ships I've been on are Westerdam and Noordam. I thought these were a medium size. I considered Volemdam and Maasdam small, both of which I have been on.

I guess some people would call former HAL WC ships small.  Amsterdam ?  The passenger, who was critically ill on current WC, was a former HAL WC.  I didn’t take notice of ship. I’m all for the itinerary!  One lady I followed cruised for 14 years with HAL WC.

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I guess some people would call former HAL WC ships small.  Amsterdam ?  The passenger, who was critically ill on current WC, was a former HAL WC.  I didn’t take notice of ship. I’m all for the itinerary!  One lady I followed cruised for 14 years with HAL WC.

I love some of the HAL itineraries. There was one I looking at in Jan 25 out of Singapore. But they wanted like 4K deposit. I just can't bare to depart with so much of that in deposit for cruise so far out. I 

Just now, icat2000 said:

I love some of the HAL itineraries. There was one I looking at in Jan 25 out of Singapore. But they wanted like 4K deposit. I just can't bare to depart with so much of that in deposit for cruise so far out. I 

Me neither!!  

40 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Also possible the couple of years of the covid pause broke their stride of confidence in cruising, and they just don't feel like doing WCs at present.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Also possible the couple of years of the covid pause broke their stride of confidence in cruising, and they just don't feel like doing WCs at present.

FROM SOURCES ACROSS THE WEB -

???  (HAVEN'T CHECKED THIS)

oceania regatta

fred.olsen cruise lines 

princess

royal caribbean 

princess - coral princess

viking

serenade of the seas

allure of the seas

anthem of the seas

recent seven seas - silversea cruises

azamara

MSC magnifica

windstar cruises

crystal serenity

viking ocean cruises

uniworld river cruises

queen victoria

QUEEN MARY 2

costa cruises 

celebrity edge

norwegian encore 

16 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

FROM SOURCES ACROSS THE WEB -

???  (HAVEN'T CHECKED THIS)

oceania regatta

fred.olsen cruise lines 

princess

royal caribbean 

princess - coral princess

viking

serenade of the seas

allure of the seas

anthem of the seas

recent seven seas - silversea cruises

azamara

MSC magnifica

windstar cruises

crystal serenity

viking ocean cruises

uniworld river cruises

queen victoria

QUEEN MARY 2

costa cruises 

celebrity edge

norwegian encore 

Sorry, I can't relate this back to your initial question - especially seeing most of those listed aren't doing world cruises. Many of those options would suggest they don't want to do world cruises anymore, and nothing to do with the size of HAL ships. Some of the ships on the list are monsters compared to HAL.

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sorry, I can't relate this back to your initial question - especially seeing most of those listed aren't doing world cruises. Many of those options would suggest they don't want to do world cruises anymore, and nothing to do with the size of HAL ships. Some of the ships on the list are monsters compared to HAL.

Please disregard. I just googled world cruises and these cruise lines came up.  I know several of them are doing world cruises inc Oceania Regatta, Coral Princess etc. I’ll have another look.  Lucky it is raining here!!

• Like 1

RICH MCCLEAR - "POSTCARDS FROM THE TRANSITION" - World cruiser. Was offloaded in Perth on previous World Cruise because of Pandemic,   

He is home from his WC on HAL Zuiderdam now, but has come back to catch up on his most interesting blog,  Good advice re his experience as a critically ill passenger, insurance, etc.  Offloaded in port Louis, Mauritius,   He takes fabulous photos in his hometown, Sitka, Alaska, as well as on the  cruise up to Mauritius. 

What size and age is HAL ZUIDERDAM COMPARED TO HAL AMSTERDAM?

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Please disregard. I just googled world cruises and these cruise lines came up.  I know several of them are doing world cruises inc Oceania Regatta, Coral Princess etc. I’ll have another look.  Lucky it is raining here!!

A Uniworld river cruise boat would make for an interesting world cruise. It is certainly smaller.

P&O UK usually have a world cruise ship.

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

RICH MCCLEAR - "POSTCARDS FROM THE TRANSITION" - World cruiser. Was offloaded in Perth on previous World Cruise because of Pandemic,   

He is home from his WC on HAL Zuiderdam now, but has come back to catch up on his most interesting blog,  Good advice re his experience as a critically ill passenger, insurance, etc.  Offloaded in port Louis, Mauritius,   He takes fabulous photos in his hometown, Sitka, Alaska, as well as on the  cruise up to Mauritius. 

What size and age is HAL ZUIDERDAM COMPARED TO HAL AMSTERDAM?

Another of the "windy" ships, nominally the same size as her 3 sisters that have cruised here and manage to fit under the harbour bridge - Oosterdam, Westerdam, Nordam. Definitely bigger than the old Amsterdam, but smaller than Nieuw Amsterdam.

Edited by arxcards

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

A Uniworld river cruise boat would make for an interesting world cruise. It is certainly smaller.

P&O UK usually have a world cruise ship.

Another of the "windy" ships, nominally the same size as her 3 sisters that have cruised here and manage to fit under the harbour bridge - Oosterdam, Westerdam, Nordam. definately bigger than the old Amsterdam, but smaller than Nieuw Amsterdam.

i thought that when I typed Uniworld, but I type faster than I have time to think do they an ocean ship?

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

i thought that when I typed Uniworld, but I type faster than I have time to think do they an ocean ship?

P&O appealed to me fo a wold cruise.  My half world cruises were British P&O Chusan  and Greek "Queen Frederika".  I'd be happy to cruise on both again if they are still cruising.  I still have threadbare tea towel from Chusan for being first on the dance floor and I got up in time for Greek dance lessons every morning at 11 am,    Those were the days!!

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Coral Princess is only doing our world cruise this year and next year. In 2015 they are using Crown Princess, one of the extended Grand Class ships with over 3000 lower berth passengers (Coral is 2000). Not my ideal ship for a world cruise. 🙁 Fingers crossed we can do the one we have booked for next year otherwise I doubt we'd want to do it on a bigger ship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Coral Princess is only doing our world cruise this year and next year. In 2015 they are using Crown Princess, one of the extended Grand Class ships with over 3000 lower berth passengers (Coral is 2000). Not my ideal ship for a world cruise. 🙁 Fingers crossed we can do the one we have booked for next year otherwise I doubt we'd want to do it on a bigger ship.

2025 Julie. Not being a smart alec.

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That will make Coral Princess in high demand!!

i remember when a group of Aussies brought deck chairs on WC ship.  What a great idea !

I’ll always remember sitting on a chair with my feet on the rails as our ship departed Tahiti.

4 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Still with HAL i think. Judging by reading some of their world cruising threads.

Thanks.  i only follow one world cruise this year.  which ones are you reading?  I was spoilt by someone supplying a current list of world cruisers each year.