Shore Excursion - Does the name on the ticket matter?

I have a cruise coming up next week with a group of 4 friends - there was a request from the friend group to swap room assignments, so we called RC today to have 2 of the passengers swap rooms. I was assured when we did the room swap that the excursions would not get changed, as everyone had selected the different excursions they wanted. However, the system immediately updated and swapped the 2 people's excursion - this is a bit complicated to explain so in case this isn't clear - Person A and Person B swapped rooms. Person A is now listed under all of Person B's excursions, and Person B is listed under all of Person A's excursions even though we were told this would not happen when we swapped rooms.

I of course called RC back to swap the excursions back to the right person and was told this is not possible, they said the only way to do this would be to cancel all of the excursions and re-book them under the right person. We do not want to do this as we booked the excursions during 30% off sales and the prices are significantly higher now. So my question is - does it matter who actually goes on the excursion/do they check? Can Person A go on the excursions Person B's name is on and vice versa? Or would the shore excursions desk be able to sort this out for us? Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a similar experience as I have some very stressed out friends who want their shore excursions back!

1 minute ago, aroundtheworld96 said:

I have a cruise coming up next week with a group of 4 friends - there was a request from the friend group to swap room assignments, so we called RC today to have 2 of the passengers swap rooms. I was assured when we did the room swap that the excursions would not get changed, as everyone had selected the different excursions they wanted. However, the system immediately updated and swapped the 2 people's excursion - this is a bit complicated to explain so in case this isn't clear - Person A and Person B swapped rooms. Person A is now listed under all of Person B's excursions, and Person B is listed under all of Person A's excursions even though we were told this would not happen when we swapped rooms.

I of course called RC back to swap the excursions back to the right person and was told this is not possible, they said the only way to do this would be to cancel all of the excursions and re-book them under the right person. We do not want to do this as we booked the excursions during 30% off sales and the prices are significantly higher now. So my question is - does it matter who actually goes on the excursion/do they check? Can Person A go on the excursions Person B's name is on and vice versa? Or would the shore excursions desk be able to sort this out for us? Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a similar experience as I have some very stressed out friends who want their shore excursions back!

I have never been on any excursion where anything was checked, have a ticket and get on the bus. 

Caveat would be some excursions where age restrictions apply. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aroundtheworld96 said:

As others have said. It won't be an issue.  I am surprised  and yet not surprised tgatbyouvwete told what you were told.  Any cruise planner items are ties to the cabin and guest number for that cabin and not the guest themselves.  Even changing passenger 1 to passenger 2 will cause excursions and purchases to be in the wrong person's name. Normally it wouldn't matter except when drink packages are involved and especidllybif it involves a minor.  

The only issue I see is that the tickets might be delivered to the wrong stateroom i.e., person A might get the tickets intended for person B. All you'll have to do is swap tickets around so that everyone has a ticket for the excursion they intend to go on. Don't worry about names, no one will check.

There would be a problem if for some reason the excursion was delayed returning to the ship and the ship had to leave.

If the names of the  passengers on the excursion list were not correct, then there would be a problem for passports or other documents collected from the cabins to allow the shore agent to make arrangements  for the passengers to travel to meet the ship.