How can I see available cabins on the new website?

SunnyNy

In the past, we were able to view unsold cabins on a particular cruise before actually proceeding with a booking.  In the new site, I don't see a way to do that without entering lots of personal information, which I'm not willing to do at that stage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

In the past, we were able to view unsold cabins on a particular cruise before actually proceeding with a booking.  In the new site, I don't see a way to do that without entering lots of personal information, which I'm not willing to do at that stage.

You’re right, it’s very annoying.

• Like 2

There is a little button on the top right corner of the screen (active reservation area), when you press on it, it shows you a list of about four to six cabins, certainly not all of those available, but some. However, when you try to choose one of them, it never updates to one of those. However, you can take this info to call to book a reservation via the phone, as you will know some staterooms available. But yes, I agree with everyone, this new site is horrible.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 2

I was just checking on a cruise I have booked on Silversea for next January, to see how cabins are selling [and whether an upgrade might be in my future].  No matter which category I picked it never showed me more than 3 choices: always the most forward, the most aft, and something in the middle of the category on that deck.  My conclusion:  they want to offer you a range of choices, but don't want to admit how many cabins are still available.  I suspect this is typical [at least of higher end cruise lines], and also why Azamara isn't showing the full range of available cabins.

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was just checking on a cruise I have booked on Silversea for next January, to see how cabins are selling [and whether an upgrade might be in my future].  No matter which category I picked it never showed me more than 3 choices: always the most forward, the most aft, and something in the middle of the category on that deck.  My conclusion:  they want to offer you a range of choices, but don't want to admit how many cabins are still available.  I suspect this is typical [at least of higher end cruise lines], and also why Azamara isn't showing the full range of available cabins.

You may well be right, but it’s very annoying!

• Like 3

There are several cruise companies who post available cabins. Just find one of those and do a dummy booking so you will see which cabins are available in real time.

you will probably get a better price, too.

1 hour ago, ptrpanpens said:

There are several cruise companies who post available cabins. Just find one of those and do a dummy booking so you will see which cabins are available in real time.

you will probably get a better price, too.

Probably the same price, but extra OBC.

• Like 1

Unfortunately with many cruise lines their booking pages do not show the actual availability. It appears the cruise lines want to sell first the less attractive cabins (forward or back cabins). After some time they release other cabins. Can you input somewhere your preferred cabin number?
Ivi

On 5/6/2023 at 2:49 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

But that wouldn't explain why the on-line TA we use does list many cabins for each category. In some categories there are 20+ cabins showing.

I'm not aware of any TA site that currently shows available cabins for Azamara.  The one I usually use to see all available cabins that the moderator deleted hasn't worked since the new website launched.  Has anybody been able to find one that does show the cabins since the new website launched??

32 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

I'm not aware of any TA site that currently shows available cabins for Azamara.  The one I usually use to see all available cabins that the moderator deleted hasn't worked since the new website launched.  Has anybody been able to find one that does show the cabins since the new website launched??

No, and I’ve tried a bunch of the reliable ones. The number of new bookings must be markedly down with folks not having ready access to cabin availability. 

31 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

No, and I’ve tried a bunch of the reliable ones. The number of new bookings must be markedly down with folks not having ready access to cabin availability. 

Me too.  I give up. 

To say I’m unhappy with Azamara is an understatement , I’ve been trying to book the 19 th Sept Journey sailing , was happy to have an ocean view my very good T/A finally contacted them on 8 May and there were 10 midship cabins left, their flight dept couldn’t get any flights up on their system so she got me flights , when she went back to them ALL the cabins had gone and they only had obstructed views left , so we left it then they showed up again at approx £2 million pounds so we guess that was because they had sold them, over the next few days it was the same, now they are showing again but when she tried to book them she was told there was only obstructed views left 😡😡.
She and I are quite miffed by this , I’ve missed a holiday and she’s lost income . Her and her colleagues are really frustrated with Azamara , when they do get through and they get someone who has moved over from RC and knows what they’re talking about , they pass that person around the team so they can get the answers they need .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

yes, refer to post#11

8 hours ago, Rosroz said:

To say I’m unhappy with Azamara is an understatement , I’ve been trying to book the 19 th Sept Journey sailing , was happy to have an ocean view my very good T/A finally contacted them on 8 May and there were 10 midship cabins left, their flight dept couldn’t get any flights up on their system so she got me flights , when she went back to them ALL the cabins had gone and they only had obstructed views left , so we left it then they showed up again at approx £2 million pounds so we guess that was because they had sold them, over the next few days it was the same, now they are showing again but when she tried to book them she was told there was only obstructed views left 😡😡.
She and I are quite miffed by this , I’ve missed a holiday and she’s lost income . Her and her colleagues are really frustrated with Azamara , when they do get through and they get someone who has moved over from RC and knows what they’re talking about , they pass that person around the team so they can get the answers they need .

Surprised your TA couldn’t put a hold on an OV cabin for you initially!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rosroz said:

....when she tried to book them she was told there was only obstructed views left 😡😡.
She and I are quite miffed by this , I’ve missed a holiday and she’s lost income....

So, it's your decision not to sail....you could have booked an outside cabin, based on what you wrote!

31 minutes ago, hamrag said:

So, it's your decision not to sail....you could have booked an outside cabin, based on what you wrote!

31 minutes ago, hamrag said:

No I didn’t want an obstructed view cabin, that’s why I didn’t book 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Surprised your TA couldn’t put a hold on an OV cabin for you initially!

I had some questions about flights and fcc that’s why she didn’t put a hold on one , it’s quite rare for 10 cabins of the same category to sell within a matter of hours, the same happened with the balconies that were left they have inside and obstructed left. They starting showing other oceanviews again on the site but when I tried to book one the system showed an error. 
I am a fan of Azamara , I was on the Onward only this January ,but as a multi national they need to get their fingers out and sort it !!!
Our NA cousins can cancel Willy nilly , get their deposits etc.. back and from what I can gather that’s exactly what they are doing, I don’t believe they will go under but they are ruining their reputation, and competition is fierce , no one should be sitting on their laurels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rosroz said:

No I didn’t want an obstructed view cabin, that’s why I didn’t book 

The site of the online travel agent I usually use shows outside cabins for Journey, departing 19th September 2023 in Cat. 05 and 06, they are on Deck 4 and not obstructed. 

26 minutes ago, Keeria said:

The site of the online travel agent I usually use shows outside cabins for Journey, departing 19th September 2023 in Cat. 05 and 06, they are on Deck 4 and not obstructed. 

On the TA website we use, which always shows all cabins available there are only category 08 obstructed and outside guarantee which would ultimately be granted a category 08 also!

12 hours ago, Keeria said:

That’s what I saw but when I went to book the site said there was a problem , it’s a dogs dinner 😡😡