Celebrity in Barcelona - need to get to the airport afterwards - airport transfers via X?

BazingAu

I posted a shorter version of this earlier today in the roll call, but it's not very active, so hoping to get more responses here.

We will be staying in a local hotel prior to the cruise in Barcelona (roundtrip). We will probably end up taking a taxi or similar to get to the ship from the hotel. However, we have to head to the airport right after the cruise to catch our flights. What is the easiest way to get to the BCN airport from the cruise terminal? I didn't see any options for a transfer or shuttle from Celebrity online. Only a "tour and transfer" which wouldn't work for us because we have a noon flight. Basically, I want to avoid a situation where we are fighting other passengers for a taxi or uber, or waiting forever for a public shuttle bus because the lines are around the block, etc. We want something pre-booked and hassle free. Is there such a thing?

Schedule a car service.   I have used www.suntransfers.com twice from Port of Barcelona to the Airport.  Both times the driver was spot on time.   They offer a large selection of vehicles.

They even called me while we were enroute to make sure that all was OK and that the driver was on time.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the Reflection TA in Barcelona, last Saturday, it was a bit of a zoo trying to get a cab since there was 7 ships in port , friends used Celebrity transfer for $15 each to airport 

I would check to see how many ships are in port than decided about a cab 

our hotel was close to the  Columbus monument and the cost to airport was about 32€

• Thanks 1

We have both embarked and disembarked in Barcelona.  I remember one disembarkation several years ago (pre-covid) in which the taxi lines were very long.  It wasn't an issue for us as we were staying in Barcelona for several days but it was causing some stress for others.

While a Celebrity airport transfer may not be on available yet.  In addition to the company recommended in post #2 consider e-mailing your hotel to ask if they have a recommended car service.  Even though you will be going to the airport after the cruise they may have a suggestion.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BazingAu said:

I posted a shorter version of this earlier today in the roll call, but it's not very active, so hoping to get more responses here.

We will be staying in a local hotel prior to the cruise in Barcelona (roundtrip). We will probably end up taking a taxi or similar to get to the ship from the hotel. However, we have to head to the airport right after the cruise to catch our flights. What is the easiest way to get to the BCN airport from the cruise terminal? I didn't see any options for a transfer or shuttle from Celebrity online. Only a "tour and transfer" which wouldn't work for us because we have a noon flight. Basically, I want to avoid a situation where we are fighting other passengers for a taxi or uber, or waiting forever for a public shuttle bus because the lines are around the block, etc. We want something pre-booked and hassle free. Is there such a thing?

We are just back from Edge TA that ended in Barcelona. We took the first transfer through Celebrity at 7:05 am. The cost was $ 29.95 pp it was a 20 min drive on a Monday morning with no traffic.

• Thanks 1

We did ok with a taxi but would use car service...

Watch your bags at ALL times on check in lines..last opportunity for the thieves to work..  if they get your papers you are not going anywhere..we witnessed this happen   Airport access was closed but no one was caught..the victim was devastated!,,

Beautiful City with the Nickname..CITY OF THIEVES

• Thanks 1

We disembarked from the Constellations on May 2. We had quite a bit of onboard credit to use, so we decided to try the ship's transfer service. There were eight ships at port that day, and we were concerned about the availability of UBERs or taxis.  It worked out very well and cost $$29.95 pp. We made it to the airport for our 1:00 flight with time to spare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BazingAu said:

Have left the ship about 8am for lunch time flight a few times, each time have booked a transfer from ship to airport costs about€30 for a car. Will be disembarking from the World Trade terminal in June as we are on Oceania I booked a transfer with booking.com £28, it’s the first time we haven’t been picked up from the main terminal so a bit nervous lol. Only once used the transfer from the cruise line and it was expensive.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Schedule a car service.   I have used www.suntransfers.com twice from Port of Barcelona to the Airport.  Both times the driver was spot on time.   They offer a large selection of vehicles.

They even called me while we were enroute to make sure that all was OK and that the driver was on time.

Joe

I would recommend these guys too

• Thanks 1