Twice baked goat cheese souffle

Kay S

I heard that the beloved twice baked goat cheese souffle was removed from the regular MDR menu rotation and that it can only be ordered now in one of the speciality restaurants (which one).  I hope this is not true and just a rumor.  I know too many people who would be very sad if they can't get their goat souffle in the MDR anymore.  Anyone else hear this?

I had it last month on the Sapphire in the MDR and did not see it on either specialty menu.  In fact, on the new menu, it is offered as a main course now instead of an appetizer.  But you can still order it as an appetizer or order 2!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I heard that the beloved twice baked goat cheese souffle was removed from the regular MDR menu rotation and that it can only be ordered now in one of the speciality restaurants (which one).  I hope this is not true and just a rumor.  I know too many people who would be very sad if they can't get their goat souffle in the MDR anymore.  Anyone else hear this?

Where did you hear this? For the Alaska seasonal menus?

29 minutes ago, Kay S said:

It was on the MDR menu last week on the Discovery in Alaska 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, suekel said:

it is offered as a main course now instead of an appetizer.  But you can still order it as an appetizer or order 2!

It would make sense as a main course since it is so rich.  I always have to share the appetizer portion.

My wife and I both ordered it in March on Caribbean Princess.  I had it as an appetizer and she as an entree.  Both were the same size (miniature).  

But I suspect mine was only baked once.

• Haha 2

It's still around! Just not as an appetizer but instead it's an entree. But same exact sizes the appetizer. I've always loved it as it is a beloved dish. Decadent and rich but so delicious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

It was offered as a main course on Emerald recently.  When did you last cruise @Kay S?

Last fall.  We ate in Club Class, so maybe I missed it.  As long as it tastes the same, the main dish or appetizer isn't a problem.