The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 12th, 2023

Good afternoon from a still cloudy and windy central Texas.  The last time l checked the temperature, it was 80F and humid.  I was lucky to get outside just after 9:30 and get finished with the yard before noon, and before it really warmed up.  It's a good thing I got to the yard, because much longer and it would have been difficult to mow.  It's taken me this long to shower and wash my hair, and then, to get the meat packaged and in the freezer and the strawberries cut and ready to eat.  It feels good to finally sit down for a while.  

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

Today is the start of a heat wave in the Pacific Northwest with highs in the 80's and maybe up to 90. It's a gorgeous morning out there at the moment. Thank you to everyone on the thread and I love the limerick for Sandy!

Yesterday was a great day with some good news - DH gets to move back to the rehab he's been in close to home! I called them yesterday and talked to the admissions person, got the fax number and took it in to his present facility. The Nursing Director called, faxed info, etc. and yesterday afternoon we were told he will be moved on Monday!!! The transportation is taken care of and I have only 3 days left of the hour drive each way. Monday I'll stay here and meet him at the facility. Today I get to go in and pay for it but that's fine. My commute goes from an hour each way and 50 miles to 20 minutes and about 7 miles at the most. It will be so much less stress, they have a great rehab program with more equipment and I know DH will do well there. He also knows the therapists and they know him. Yay!!

Off to get some lemon cookies made to take to the staff at the current facility and then to the new one to pay them before heading south. 

Have a great day and stay cool!

Karen

Karen, that is the best news we've had in a while.  I know you both will be happier when your DH has been moved to the familiar rehab facility.  The reduction in stress for you will be a game changer too.  

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Pre 1974 Turkish invasion

Kyrenia and Famagusta in the North of Cyprus were the main resorts.

My Junior school Head mistress travelled here and showed us on a screen all of the photo slides.

I was about 9 at the time and it got me interested in wanting to travel and see foreign countries.

Cyprus is lovely and most of the hotels are low rise buildings.

Thank  you, Graham.  I would like to return to Cyprus and find a tour to Nicosia that would allow more time to spend on the Turkish side of the green line.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good enough for me!

Taking a break from staining the deck.  There is a lot of fussy work on this one and the wood is so dry it is soaking up the stain like no tomorrow.  

Debbie, I'm guessing the Messy Painters Club includes messy strainers too.  😉  I'm wondering if Sue is a member of the club, too.  The more members means the more messier and merrier.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Well, it turns out that the unveiling is next week. That allowed me to shop (successfully) at Aldi and (unsuccessfully) at Rite-Aid: no cashier. Now I'm waiting for the "between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m." fridge pickup, and trying to get three loads of laundry done.

... Fridge is gone.

Paul, I'm glad your schedule was feed up today so you could get your errands run.  Glad the fridge is gone.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I worked with a woman who suffered from CFS and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  It made her life miserable.  Bless all the nurses, in and out of hospitals and medical facilities, for all they do.  I love the limerick that Terri made up - good for you!

My dream was to have a rewarding career, marry a good man, and have a respectable family - I've been blessed to have had all three.   I believe many women in the entertainment field feel they have to choose between their careers and their personal lives.

A cloudy sky this morning, with some rain in the forecast, which hopefully will encourage the leaves to start popping out on the trees.  Already we can see faint hints of green on bushes around the city, but I think a good rain will just make the leaves open like magic.  We have the heat, just need rain - and speaking of rain, we're praying for rain in Alberta, which is under a heat warning right now.  Scary time.

This morning we have to go out for groceries; we're having our young Ukrainian family over for a casual barbecue tomorrow, so I need to pick up some things.  After that, it'll be time to rake the bare spots on the lawn that seem to have suffered from snow mold; I hope the patches will come back, but am already prepared with grass seed just in case.  

Welcome home @richwmn, I hope you had a great time - I know I certainly enjoyed following your posts.

Just a note about the blue bubbles - when I add one, my font size doesn't switch back to the default, it stays at 18.  I'm not sure why, maybe it's just my computer, or would it have something to do with the program?  I use Chrome; maybe it changes in Firefox or Edge, I don't know.

I think I'll take a pass on the drink of the day, it sounds pretty tart with the lemon juice.  Just thinking about it makes my salivary glands go into overdrive.  I'd like to try the wine if I could find it, and vegan pizza . . . um, no.  When our friends were here from out of town, one was on a dairy free, gluten free diet, so I bought some vegan cheese slices.  I dubbed it "orange cardboard", because to me that's most what it resembled.  It's Friday night pizza night at our house, so we'll check the online menus to see what appeals - right now I'm thinking an all dressed will be on our deck table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those who are affected by the fires in Alberta.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm sure your new friends will enjoy the barbecue.  They are very lucky to have met you and your DH.  I'm sure that has made their new beginning much easier.

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning,  I am late this morning as I drove into Kalamazoo to pick up a case of wine they were pushing at a wine dinner last week and then a swing into Walmart to get 2 boxes of lettuce which I hope will hold us until we leave, hopefully next Tuesday.   I will be absent tomorrow as my Garden Club plant sale will be at my house from 9-2 and I am sure the crew will show up early.   

Sandi, I hope Ren and company do well in the tournament.  I used to live in Gaithersburg, MD from 92-97 and Boyds was still a small town.   I am sure it is part of the mega-suburbs that run from D.C. to Hagerstown, MD.   Thanks for filling in for Rich all this time.   @richwmn welcome home!   

@dfish, @summer slopeand @cat shepard thank you for starting our day each day with the research you do into these comestibles.   I will pass on the Vegan Pizza, the sweet cocktail but today's wine looks wonderful.   @superoma Thanks for keeping our Cares and Celebrations list, a constantly changing list for sure.  Prayers for all on our list and the people of Ukraine.    

Time for me to start watering all those plants.    It is hard to believe how small they were when we returned from our cruise to how massive they are now, large in their pots and very thirsty.    Once I get back up to the cabin it begins anew, digging up all these volunteer plants that come up where they don't belong.    Have a wonderful Friday!  Nancy 

Nancy, I hope the plant sale goes well, and you can sell all the plants.

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

Zuiderdam at Pier 26

20230512_090757.thumb.jpg.5e1eb7791d18e8a3037319d598b3794c.jpg

Rich, it looks like you have a good day for your return to Ft. Lauderdale. 

343062950_1422389821875240_2686926867273437797_n.thumb.jpg.9f2923db3dfe001bbb62d463fb892f4e.jpg

343084339_613655243976100_2950895519925615633_n.thumb.jpg.e162c4481553a0506f6111c753c31142.jpg

343087558_1570380833451079_6371945303978966222_n.thumb.jpg.ee38f4c97ed0607a5af6c164885057d5.jpg

343139595_1402054703863704_4482991675664269296_n.thumb.jpg.2e3f0d779d066575afdd886081608414.jpg

343317617_3776027622617435_5060173750587472023_n.thumb.jpg.0eb086a2db60e23a1c97d5d833b8f3d8.jpg

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Our current location:

BDAF5CE5-1632-463D-A1F7-C7EB7332CB80.thumb.jpeg.278131903818bf7b9c05d97ecf60bcc0.jpeg

If anyone watches the sail in on the webcam could you please take a screenshot for me?  Thank you!

From the Snow Cloud Juneau webcams....:)

Screenshot (3397).jpg

Screenshot (3398).jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I'm guessing the Messy Painters Club includes messy strainers too.  😉  I'm wondering if Sue is a member of the club, too.  The more members means the more messier and merrier.

It sure does.  Sad to say, Sue is not a member of the Messy Painters Club.  I had to break it to her that she didn't qualify for membership.  She had a little stain on one finger and a drop on a toe.  I, however, had it all over my hands, up my arms, all over my legs and my feet were covered in it.  That is probably why I had to go get another gallon so we can finish the job.

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

It sure does.  Sad to say, Sue is not a member of the Messy Painters Club.  I had to break it to her that she didn't qualify for membership.  She had a little stain on one finger and a drop on a toe.  I, however, had it all over my hands, up my arms, all over my legs and my feet were covered in it.  That is probably why I had to go get another gallon so we can finish the job.

I'm sorry Sue doesn't live up to, or is it down to, the standards of the Messy Painters Guild.  😁   We can always use new members.

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Hi Everyone,

Home from FL, took a fews days for a small getaway. Had fun but it was very hot; downside is that my flight was 6 hours delayed, got home at 1230 am this morning. Not fun hanging out in an airport as many of you know. Slept in this AM. Enough of me whining about that!😎

Continuing thanks to all of the Daily contributors. The Daily has a lighter tone today which IMO means things are improving for people having challenges; Yay! So glad to hear good news in these difficult and disheartening times.

All of the other departments have had a good showing this past week...F&B, Comedy, Gardening, Care and Celebrations, general information givers etc.

Prayers for all; for those who are struggling and in gratitude for the goodness we have in our lives and good news we've received.

As a RN, I want to thank everyone who expressed their appreciation for nurses this week. 💓

Welcome home to @richwmn, (the Daily guru) and everyone who is returning home from a vacation or an obligation, it is always nice to sleep in ones own bed. 

Celebrations to those still cruising, cruising soon, on vacation, living life as you wish or just because you want to.😊

Thank you to @StLouisCruisers for the excellent job of filling in to post the Daily and Fleet report, while @richwmn was cruising the World. Greatly appreciated.

Hope you all have a good and enjoyable weekend.

Take good care,

Caron

Edited by Cruisercl
typo
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

We ate a late dinner due to the game going on between 5 and 7.  Cold rotisserie chicken, pasta salad, and baked beans.  And wine.  The weather in Maryland was hot!  They stopped play for a few minutes for another player's minor injury and Ren ran to the sidelines for a dousing of cold water.  The score ended up Jags 4 and Silicon Valley 0.  Ren scored 1 goal and 1 penalty kick goal, and Cade and Lucas scored one goal each.  Hurray!  We are very happy campers here tonight.  Oh, and I found out DDIL wasn't there tonight.  She flies in tomorrow due to older brother going to prom tonight and she wanted to be there for him.  Probably ironing his shirt and tying his tie!  Hurray for Moms too!

I can hear a roar from the direction of Atlanta Motor Speedway so apparently there is a race going on over that way.  Nascar season has arrived for sure.

I finished 5 pages today!  I'm done with Santarem (yesterday's port of the day), and tomorrow is Alter do Chao.  Have a great evening and a good night's sleep.  See you in the morning.

• Like 12

👏👏👏 for Sandi!  You’re leaving big shoes for Rich to fill 🤣!  

Thanks to all the contributors for your research and your dedication!  You brighten or day every day!  
Welcome home to the Workd Cruisers!  🌎🌍🌏

Cheers for @smitty34877 and DH!  Excellent news!  We’re SO happy for you! 

Paul, @kochleffel Hoping the wedding is grand!  Glad the fridge is gone!  May Davinci and Mona Lisa be a great happiness!  

Our tonometer home eye pressure machine has shipped!  Should be here Tuesday. Soon we’ll be able to monitor for trends as the glaucoma meds get changed. It feels like a looongtime till August 1when tge surgery is scheduled to open the eye drainage system and implant a stent. 

Prayers for Alberta and all the help arriving, firefighters and military!  And for all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  

Cheers for all the celebrations!  Life is Good!  

Smooth travels for all who are away, especially thinking of our cruising friends. (Hoping Annie and Chuck can have a good time now….). 

Thanks to all for your heartfelt sharing. Maureen

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm sorry Sue doesn't live up to, or is it down to, the standards of the Messy Painters Guild.  😁   We can always use new members.

Lenda

She got a good laugh out of that.  She's an artist and knows how to handle a paint brush.

The deck isn't quite done.  We have an outdoor rug coming tomorrow for it and then we'll add in the bistro table and chairs.  And more flowers.IMG_2285.thumb.jpg.4662b45325586823927bf666b54d76a3.jpg

IMG_2284.thumb.jpg.9dac2a0e04e49f5ffa968c76dee8ba25.jpg

IMG_2283.thumb.jpg.037a2042b2e99c09a7cbdeb8a3db2511.jpg

• Like 20

31 minutes ago, dfish said:

She got a good laugh out of that.  She's an artist and knows how to handle a paint brush.

The deck isn't quite done.  We have an outdoor rug coming tomorrow for it and then we'll add in the bistro table and chairs.  And more flowers.IMG_2285.thumb.jpg.4662b45325586823927bf666b54d76a3.jpg

IMG_2284.thumb.jpg.9dac2a0e04e49f5ffa968c76dee8ba25.jpg

IMG_2283.thumb.jpg.037a2042b2e99c09a7cbdeb8a3db2511.jpg

Debbie, the deck looks great.  I can’t wait until we can see the finished deck.  I also hope Sue's neatness doesn't rub off on the rest of us.  We do have standards to uphold after all.  🤣

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I can’t really tell the difference on my iPhone/iPad. I think I might be able to tell the difference on my PC but I’m usually on my iPad. Using 18 here. 

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Now that is interesting, Marcia.  I can tell the difference on my Ipad between the fonts.  Strange.

OK, looking at this again and yes, I can see the difference. 😉

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, the deck looks great.  I can’t wait until we can see the finished deck.  I also hope Sue's neatness doesn't rub off on the rest of us.  We do have standards to uphold after all.  🤣

Lenda

That got a belly laugh.  She says no way can she reform me.  I will be a Messy Painter/Stainer/Baker for life.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Rowsby said:

Interesting and now I am curious.....😉

Jo Johnston on her World Cruise blog...said she has booked a 50-day Mediterranean round-trip cruise out of Fort Lauderdale...for the fall of 2024...

Said it hasn't officially opened up yet...but they were taking advanced reservations on the ship...

My friends took a 49 day Mediterranean round-trip several years ago....and it was a great cruise....!!

Anyone here heard about this new cruise.....????

Volendam - Nov 9-Dec 21, 2024.

I think it was only offered to people on the last segment of the world cruise. I was on the third segment and had friends on the last segment. I called HAL world and grand cruise department and was told it would be released between May 14 and 24. Also told it was 42 days.

FB_IMG_1683944369835.jpg.d476c4a08163861b7602d9f194751dce.jpg

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Very late post from me. May take an hourto do this.  I still can’t wear my glasses and won’t be able to until after my second round of plastic surgery.  Got the stitches out late today and knowmy second date is June 8 with stitch removal on June 15.   My Mothers Day present from my stepdaughter is a pair of readers that is wider than usual. I can rest them at my chin.

My attitude has improved a lot which means I must be feeling better.  Have been able todo some laundry and actually been able to tidy up from my lackadaisical few days of inactivity!  @superomaPlease take me and my stepson off the cares list. He has had good news after 3rd surgery, and I will be recovering to prepare for next go-round.

Thanks to everyone who posts and to those who add valuable info for all of us.  Have a good weekend, everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 15

6 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Very late post from me. May take an hourto do this.  I still can’t wear my glasses and won’t be able to until after my second round of plastic surgery.  Got the stitches out late today and knowmy second date is June 8 with stitch removal on June 15.   My Mothers Day present from my stepdaughter is a pair of readers that is wider than usual. I can rest them at my chin.

My attitude has improved a lot which means I must be feeling better.  Have been able todo some laundry and actually been able to tidy up from my lackadaisical few days of inactivity!  @superomaPlease take me and my stepson off the cares list. He has had good news after 3rd surgery, and I will be recovering to prepare for next go-round.

Thanks to everyone who posts and to those who add valuable info for all of us.  Have a good weekend, everyone!

Mary Kay

So glad you're feeling a little better.  Just take it day by day.  You have a lot of courage to handle this so well.  Prayers for continued good news for you.🙏

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

Will do! Glad for your good news

• Like 2