The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 12th, 2023

Today is International Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Day, International Nurses Day, and National Limerick Day

Welcome Home Rich!

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.--Lady Gaga

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegan Pizza
Drink of the Day - Passion Fruit Passport
Wine of the Day - Mount Edward Pinot Noir Central Otago 2020
Destination of the Day - Limassol, Cyprus Greece

Today in History:
1191 Richard I of England marries Berengaria of Navarre in Cyprus

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria, BC Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 5-13 

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Valdez, Alaska eta 5-13 

Nieuw Statendam

Le Havre, France  09:00 - 23:00

Noordam

Ketchikan, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Malaga, Spain 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Tallinn, Estonia 09:00 - 20:00

Volendam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Quebec 09:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 07:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.0030636d9b77df1905a984eaa36e0f11.png

image.thumb.png.2c54a6a6f41d3160fbcf540b00aaa306.png

image.thumb.png.b8eaeda3e0d19e0e19684fa8537705ca.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13

Good Friday morning friends and welcome back to Rich!  His Zuiderdam is coming into Port Everglades as I begin this post.  By the time I finish they will probably be tied up.  The weather here is 64F with a high of 70 and mostly cloudy skies.  Who knows if it will rain or not.  The weather predictor just guesses every day and so far has been wrong lately.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for your work preparing the Daily and Fleet Report for us while you've been away.  We appreciate you!  Here is a screenshot of your arrival at 4:59 am.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPohX84ZVdOmdVav6W-k-N4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1683882287

Today we have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Day, International Nurses Day and National Limerick Day.  I'm feeling fatigued this morning and should take a nap later but my photo book is calling me!  A big hurrah to nurses each and every day!  And how about some limericks from some of you?  

A true quote from Lady Gaga.  Dixie @dfish will have some wonderful recipes for vegan pizza today.  Our drink is the Passion Fruit Passport and the wine a Pinot Noir.  Thank you Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for helping us out with those.  The Day in History goes way back and I'm sure is of interest to historians.  

Prayers for all our people on the Care list. 🙏  We're happy so many are feeling a bit better and hope that continues.  Cheers to those on the Celebration list!  Bon Voyage to some and to the rest of the cruisers we hope for smooth seas and happy days.🚢🥂  A big thanks to Eva @superoma for her assistance with this while Vanessa is away.

The port today is Limassol, Cyprus, Greece.  I have not been to Limassol before so no photos from me.  We had that port on May 25, 2021 and Nov. 27, 2022.  The links to those dates are below for all your photos.  Good luck!  Can't wait to see them!

Hoping for a good soccer day for Ren and the Jaguars.  Good weather there in Maryland wouldn't hurt either.  Hope you all have a safe and excellent day ahead of you!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Rich for supplying the Daily and fleet reports.

Welcome home Rich @richwmn.

Nurses like doctors deserve our respect and thanks for how they look after us especially when we are in hospital.

An interesting quote.

TO'Day's food and drink sound okay.

Good wishes for improved health to all of the Dailyites who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Screenshot_20230512_101251.jpg

Screenshot_20230512_101402_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Passion Fruit Passport cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Cruzan® Passion Fruit Rum
1/2 part fresh Lemon Juice
2 dashes Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Ice
Garnish with Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a rocks glass and garnish with a brandied or maraschino cherry.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 6.13.21 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Happy Friday!  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another great day in the forecast for us today - it's supposed to get to 25°C (77°F) and sunny.  A great day to go for a walk and work in the garden.

A big salute to nurses.   Too many people suffer with CFS.  I don't know any limericks.

Great quote.

The meal suggestions sounds good, so does the drink.  Hope the wine is nice too.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Welcome home Rich!

I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Don’t think it’s chronic but the Chief and the Colonel are fighting fatigue! Only four days to go. 
No problem with vegan type meals but when it comes to pizza I’m pretty much addicted to classic style pizza. Have been to today’s port of call and look forward to going back.

Currently 76 degrees and will top off around 86 with a 50% chance of afternoon shower.

Thanks to all who keep the Daily running. 
Time to dress a three year old. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.e5f2fa322624aba84ee5b7d759bcff93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2a645b046680a79dce49ed398cff5cdc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.694cbb8224b12d23817dade3f38af2d1.jpegimage.jpeg.bdb48ddc6a193933476a24d31facc68a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2dbf79a61bcfb2aafce0bb4e6d53424f.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

I can see the lights of Fort Lauderdale.

To paraphrase Elton John:

"Oh, Rich, Rich, yeah, Rich is back...

He just sailed in as a matter of fact.

His World Cruise is through,.

And his ship's docked 'port-to', oh, oh, oh..."

Welcome to Fort Lauderdale, Rich!

• Like 26
  • Haha 4

Happy Friday.  Welcome back to the US, Rich (I think you said you go home tomorrow).  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  I have not been to Limassol but remember it as a place where ships hung out during the shutdown.  Happy Heavenly 932nd anniversary to Richard I.  I'm not sure I agree with the quote, I think some careers do turn out to turn sour.  I enjoy limericks, and especially appreciate nurses.  CFS is a truly awful disease.  Today will be a beautiful day in Maryland but a lot of rain tomorrow.  A near crisis just passed as today is trash day and I usually take my trash out about 7:30 and it has just been picked up when I come back from Wegmans about 9,  I just heard the truck and rushed out.  They had passed before I got out but stopped for me and one other homeowner on the way down the cul de sac.  If I have pizza today it will not be vegan.  My alternative is Fruit Salad with Yogurt and Honey, Garden Wedge Salad with Grilled Chicken, and Strawberry Ice Cream, my embarkation lunch on MS Veendam May 14, 2016.

@StLouisCruisers is Ren in Baltimore today?

Roy

• Like 29

Good morning everyone, happy Friday!  Nice collection of days. Happy nurses day to my niece Claire.  Interesting quote, on the flip side a career will never wake up and tell you that it loves you.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion today but I’d give today’s drink a try.  I look forward to seeing the photos of today’s port.  Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to all of you who are celebrating a happy event today.🎉

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

For national limerick day I have one to dedicate to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for all her dedication to this thread while Rich was enjoying his world cruise.

So here goes.

There once was a lady called Sandi

Her dedication to The Daily was quite handy.

She rose early each day 

To get us on our way.

And for this we are all fine and dandy.

Three cheers for Sandi.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 14

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Sandi.

Good collection of days.  CFS is a serious illness and can be difficult to diagnose.  It’s a difficult condition to live with and I hope a cure can be found.  YAY for all the Nurses 👏 👏 They should be celebrated and appreciated every day.  

I love the limerick @Cruzin Terri  composed for Sandi and second it whole heartedly. 👏 👏  Vegetarian pizza - YUM.  I’ll take onions, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives and add from there 😄 

A big welcome home to @richwmn Rich!

Kind of a bitter quote by Lady Gaga for me.  No woman has to follow any man but they often may feel that they have to chose between the two.  😔 I chose to follow my dreams but they did include the man in my life who supported me 100% 😉 

IMG_0619.thumb.jpeg.07af051e5ddbf65b20dca244187a636b.jpeg

Well yesterday was a complete bust.  Somehow, Ivan has associated the white flags with the grass and I spent hours cajoling him to come on the grass, walking him and taking him on neighbour’s grass. Flags are down, collar is off and I will find another way to keep him safe.  It was suggested we try again in a few weeks but with me still working to get him to trust grass again, I don’t think so.

IMG_3477.jpeg.9b56f8d4a72ea9135600dda91e47ab75.jpeg

He’s the 6th dog to be trained on this and the only one that has ever reacted in this way.  Hopefully today I can accomplish something besides working with him more 🤞 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & those that need them and cheers 🥂 for those celebrating.

IMG_3506.jpeg.04f0fec5ebcbbe38cd0ba16e0da14436.jpeg

Have a good Friday, everyone !!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Good morning to all,

Welcome back to @richwmn Rich.  I hope your experience on the World Cruise was everything you wanted it to be.  

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  It was nice to see the Zuiderdam pulling into Fort Lauderdale.  Don’t know if the world cruisers are happy or sad if their adventure is over.  Welcome back to all of them.

Interesting collection of days.  I like limericks, Nurses are so important and i appreciate them immensely. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is real.  Some people fool about it but those who have it suffer very much and it is a condition that needs attention.

I think I will pass on the meal and I will see about the drink and wine.

I have not been to Limassol, Cyprus.

Thank you to Debbie @dfish, Ann @cat shepard, Dixie @summer slope and Eva @summer slope for all your work to keep us fed, hydrated and up to date.

Prayers for all on the Cares list and Cheers to those celebrating.

Today we are going up to Beaufort, SC to hand in our forms and documents to the Beaufort County Court.  Hopefully that will get things moving regarding Eugene’s estate.  We have an 11:30 am appointment.  After that we are going out to lunch at The Fish Camp.  It’s a really nice restaurant in Port Royal.  So it gives us the opportunity to do something fun as well.

Got all my financial work done yesterday and the really nice thing is that my new cleaning lady starts tomorrow.  I am so excited to finally have some help.  

Have a good day everyone and

God Blesd,

Terri

• Like 25

Welcome home Rich!

Thank you Sandi & Rich for making today’s R & D happen!  I can not believe your cruise is over, Rich! I do not need to tell you what an excellent stand-in Editor-in-Chief Sandi is! 

Eva, thank you for keeping our lists! Debbie & Dixie, I never thank you two enough. I know what you do is not always easy. I am honored to be in the same F & B department as you are. 

Just gym, Bindi walks, chores and deck furniture cleaning. We are all trying to figure out where all the pollen is coming from now. 🤔 

IMG_1285.jpeg.51ceb3c126ee94977756c1acc87f6184.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg.89009c070cbb9e7a472434f58830ee29.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!  Get well & stay well everyone!

Mount Edward Pinot Noir Central Otago 2020

Ah, yes - another Elise New Zealand wine. But there is hope. There are a couple North American distributors for the 2019 vintage. But at least one worldwide distributor for the 2020 vintage offering it for $27.39 + shipping. 

Distributor Notes

The TED by Mount Edward might be one of the most under-rated Pinot Noirs we sell here at K&L. Made by Mount Edward, one of Central Otago’s top producers, the TED is their entry level Pinot Noir. Yet, there’s little that's entry level about this. Made from Mount Edward’s extraordinary organic and biodynamically farmed estate vineyards, there’s no mistaking this for anything other than Central Otago Pinot Noir. Fully destemmed with no New French Oak, this is dark fruited and brambly with black cherry fruit on a soft and seamless palate. A fantastic example of Central Otago Pinot Noir at a sharp price.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

Friday May 12 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruzn single recuperating

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, 

Prayers for the family of the Japanese harbour pilot who fell to his death from the rope ladder as he boarded 

Canadian armed forces deployed to help fight fires in alberta

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

Hoping for placement closer to home for Luvteaching’s DH

Cruzn single stepson with melanoma and other issues

Roy recovering from pneumonia and getting stronger

Celebrations

National nursing week May 8 to 14 in Canada

National teacher appreciation week 

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

Cruzn single stepson with successful non cancerous tumour removal

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH making progress on mobility

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report  surgery date for other eye

Welcome back

Cat in My Lap, 

Gail&Marty, 

Richwmn and 

HorizonChaser1957

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming

2 days SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam 5/14 to5/28)

Cruising

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13

Welcome Home, Rich.

Welcome home Zuiderdam and all the World Cruisers.

Special thanks to all of you who wrote about your trip. Those threads were great fun to read.

• Like 19

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a beautiful sunny day here in Oswego and I hope that holds when I head home after this morning’s meeting.  I’m not liking today’s quote, I think we need to pay attention to what is important, your family.  Your job will replace you in a heartbeat.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.f71e54996b8c64a69d53f08e6ee5289e.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.It will get one to 90 today and we will need to use the AC for a few days. I took the dogs walking early and we enjoyed the still sleeping neighborhood.

I will certainly  appreciate nurses and enjoyed  @Cruzin Terri' limerick about our Sandi.Thank you Sandi for your comprehensive  early morning  posts.It is much appreciated.Thanks to all the Daily contributors as well. We have not been to the port and my family would not appreciate vegan pizza.

DSIL has offered to grill burgers,chicken and shrimp for us tonight.I only need to make potato  salad,the first of the season.

DH and I are headed out to have the pre op testing  done.

Welcome home Rich!

Enjoy the day and best wishes to all.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I disagree with the last part of the quotation.

The meal suggestion is one that I have occasionally. You don't have to make it with real vegans. I would be willing to try the cocktail but doubt that I could obtain the essential ingredient. The selection of flavored rums available here is small. Would probably like the wine. Haven't been to Cyprus.

Rather full day coming up. Unveiling in the cemetery at 11:00, lunch at the synagogue if I have time, but I have to be home for refrigerator pickup "between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m." For the pickup I had to get a grounding adapter because the fridge has to be plugged in and working, and the outlets near its temporary location aren't grounding, even though the entire house is wired with Romex.

After the fridge pickup, Aldi if there is time. Then the wedding--I'm to be one of the witnesses--and the evening service in the synagogue. There will be champagne, which in my book would be reason to go even if I didn't know the couple and they weren't giving me Davinci and Mona Lisa.

5monthsChristmaslights.thumb.jpg.bca285eba408f101fd89eb3fb6320345.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 10
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@StLouisCruisers is Ren in Baltimore today?

Roy

Ren and his parents are in Boyds, Maryland  at the Maryland SoccerPlex where the MLS Next Flex Finals are being held starting today at 9:00 am.  I don't have the schedule yet for the U16 teams (meaning born in 2007 and 16 or younger) from DS.  If he can find a link to a live video of the Jaguar's game he sends that to us in time to watch.  Is that town far from you?

• Like 14