A New Dessert Comes to all Princess Ships

Teechur

"SMiZE Cream" is becoming available on all ships. It doesn't qualify as an "included" Premium Dessert for those with Plus or Premier packages. You will still have to buy it just like us in bilge class. 😋

Has anyone had it? Is it any good? What is the "edible surprise" buried in the product?

Life’s Sweetest Reward! SMiZE Cream, New Super-Premium Ice Cream Created by Iconic Supermodel Tyra Banks Soon Available Fleetwide on Princess Cruises - Princess Cruises

While this was announced with some small bit of fanfare last fall I don’t think there has been any indication since that it is actually being rolled out. I have yet to read a single review or comment indicating it is available on any ship. Princess seem to be cutting back on branded product offerings and the rollout of the “enhanced” higher priced plus/premiere packages with the included ice cream nightmares may have quietly replaced the SMIZE cream initiative. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

While this was announced with some small bit of fanfare last fall I don’t think there has been any indication since that it is actually being rolled out.

It's coming right after the Coke Freestyle (100 flavor) machines that Princess announced 5 years ago, which never showed up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

While this was announced with some small bit of fanfare last fall I don’t think there has been any indication since that it is actually being rolled out. I have yet to read a single review or comment indicating it is available on any ship. Princess seem to be cutting back on branded product offerings and the rollout of the “enhanced” higher priced plus/premiere packages with the included ice cream nightmares may have quietly replaced the SMIZE cream initiative. 

I was onboard when Tyra Banks promoted the ice cream.  We all got a free cup.  It was good but has these little sugar candies in them.  It was a surprise- I thought I had broken a tooth! It’s good, but nothing I would seek out.

Just now, CynCyn said:

I was onboard when Tyra Banks promoted the ice cream.  We all got a free cup.  It was good but has these little sugar candies in them.  It was a surprise- I thought I had broken a tooth! It’s good, but nothing I would seek out.

Was that the 4 day comedy cruise on the Discovery in Dec

9 hours ago, Teechur said:

"SMiZE Cream" is becoming available on all ships. It doesn't qualify as an "included" Premium Dessert for those with Plus or Premier packages.

I googled "Smize" and found "SMiZE & DREAM" (smizeanddream.com) where it states "Welcome to our BRAND REBIRTH".  SMiZE CREAM has now become "SMiZE & DREAM".  The use of the word "rebirth" is interesting.

When we were on the Grand in April, Smize was available to order on the app.  I believe the price was $6 for a tiny container - ridiculous in my opinion! They also kept showing the Tyra Banks commercial during the daily Wake Show, which was pretty annoying.

11 hours ago, rogueriver said:

When we were on the Grand in April, Smize was available to order on the app.  I believe the price was $6 for a tiny container - ridiculous in my opinion! They also kept showing the Tyra Banks commercial during the daily Wake Show, which was pretty annoying.

That's the first time I've heard anyone five a price for it.

I think we'll pass.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:04 PM, rogueriver said:

Woah, $6!  That is way over the top.  If it was a half gallon of ice cream that showed up at your lounger, that might be acceptable, but a tiny container?  I suspect that this whole Tyra Banks ice cream initiative has gone away.  Instead, replaced by the ice cream "nightmares" that @AtlantaCruiser72 mentioned.