Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Just saw on news lots of bad weather up that a way, stay safe if you have a ways to drive.

Perryton TX was hit a little while ago (tornado).

Saint Greg another question I forgot to ask if you don't mind - in your photos I did see some kids in the background. Any guess how many were on your sailing, and if they seemed to have plenty to do? Not for me, but asking for a friend with grandkids who's looking at longer sailings 😉

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Perryton TX was hit a little while ago (tornado).

Saint Greg another question I forgot to ask if you don't mind - in your photos I did see some kids in the background. Any guess how many were on your sailing, and if they seemed to have plenty to do? Not for me, but asking for a friend with grandkids who's looking at longer sailings 😉

A lot of kids. I don’t know a number. 300-500 is pretty normal on my cruises and I’d bet it was a lot higher than that this cruise. I think it’s the highest % of kids I’ve had on a cruise since my July cruise in 2014.

I think there’s a lot for them on that ship. I’d say it’s like vista class ships except you lose the multiplex or trampoline park but they pretty much got that deck 11 star side space that is a smoking area on a lot of ships. That’s where they have the bacce ball, ping pong, foosball. It was usually kids I saw playing those games. So that’s very much a kids area and I felt the daytime lido activities were all family friendly things that kids did. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Just saw on news lots of bad weather up that a way, stay safe if you have a ways to drive.

Yeah I’m good. I made it. There was a bit of traffic. Couple accidents. Turns out 5:30 on Thursday isn’t the best time to leave the airport.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

What did you think of Caroline Picard's comedy?  I think she is so, so funny!  

She’s good. I knew that coming in. This is the third or fourth cruise I’ve had with her but it’s been about 5 years or so. Same with Merl Hobbs. I do like him better out of the two. I think we had 8 comedians on this cruise. I’d put those two in a top 3 with Arvin Mitchell.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Like that tip cup! 😀

BTW I think that was bogus. They either open at 8 or 8:30 and I was there at 8:30. The place was empty. A few people. And he wasn’t the only cutter. No way he got all those huge tips already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:
11 hours ago, cellfree said:

Saint Greg’s Lives will do that to you. I ended up booking the Venezia when it comes to Port Canaveral.

There should be some sort of “Reader Beware Warning” prior to reading.

I’m already booked to sail her twice but we’re not going to any of those cook places!

21 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

I know, my back goes out more than I do. 

I’m sorry but this was hilarious 😅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh yeah. That’s where I parked this time. Usually it’s remote south. This time it’s express south. I paid an extra dollar a day for that. Main thing with that is you’re closer, the shuttle comes more often, goes to your specific terminal, and picks you up and drops you off at your vehicle.

Think I forgot to post these the first day.

Honestly, that was just a $15 insurance policy that paid off the minute people started running around the remote south lot looking for my car. They’re playing checkers. I’m playing chess.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13

Thanks for another great live! I really loved the post cruise in NYC too. I hope you get to relax this weekend before you have to head back to work. This definitely seemed like a trip where you need a vacation from your vacation. I got tired just reading along the past few days. ❤️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now the guy is texting and he has a ding. So now it’s just ding, ding, ding, ding.

I always have mine on silent. If I don’t see or feel you, you’ll just have to wait.

One of the few advantages of my hearing loss -- I can remove hearing aids and ignore the world around me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I did buy the basic in flight Wi-Fi so I can start getting caught up on real life things. It’s back to work for me tomorrow.

That seems normal...everyone goes on vacay for 3 weeks-ish and returns to work on a Friday...said nobody evah!

And it's also a 3 day weekend for some as Monday is the day to celebrate that a bunch of Yankees rode down to Galveston on horseback to alert the slaves that they had been emancipated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

That seems normal...everyone goes on vacay for 3 weeks-ish and returns to work on a Friday...said nobody evah!

And it's also a 3 day weekend for some as Monday is the day to celebrate that a bunch of Yankees rode down to Galveston on horseback to alert the slaves that they had been emancipated. 

I’m not retired or self employed. I watch my vacation days very closely. If I want to go to Alaska in August and still have enough time for another week off this year, I have to work tomorrow. Originally I was going back to work today. That changed when I decided to fly to Orlando on the day of my magic cruise instead of a day early. That day I saved there, gave me my second day in New York. It was a good move i think.

• Like 21

On 5/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, dmet0225 said:

After sampling all different kinds of peppermint schnapps while working at a liquor store one day in college, I can no longer tolerate anything peppermint.   🤑

Back during WW ii, my mom worked for a time at a bakery. She was told as a new hire to eat what she wanted. After a short number of days, she was sick of it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Honestly, that was just a $15 insurance policy that paid off the minute people started running around the remote south lot looking for my car. They’re playing checkers. I’m playing chess.

HaHaHa I am so using that line next time husband tells me to relax and give my brain a break because I'm an over thinker and always three steps ahead of him.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Back during WW ii, my mom worked for a time at a bakery. She was told as a new hire to eat what she wanted. After a short number of days, she was sick of it.

I had to look closely at who wrote this I thought it was one of my girls! I too worked in a bakery with free range of sweets. Believe me you do get sick of it!! To this day I would rather have bread products than cakes!!

Hugs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

I had to look closely at who wrote this I thought it was one of my girls! I too worked in a bakery with free range of sweets. Believe me you do get sick of it!! To this day I would rather have bread products than cakes!!

Hugs

I worked at The Cheesecake Factory and part of our two week training was getting to try any flavor of cheesecake we weren't familiar with so we could describe it to the customer.  I was flying afterward with my sugar high and I have to say, cheesecake is not a go-to dessert for me now😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Very reflective car.

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

And it’s still here. No hail damage if that came through. No notes or anything either. Must’ve blown off. It is a bit windy out there.

IMG_9818.thumb.jpeg.aebd568ed3d950c96201767c050ecfaf.jpeg

Edited by mkcurran
  • Haha 8