Mandatory temperature checks?

K32682

9 hours ago, K32682 said:

I read in another forum that Silversea is still requiring cabin stewards to zap their passengers each day.  Are all cruise lines still doing them?

Did you read that on the SS forum? I sail with them regularly and have taken multiple cruises with them in the past year and have not had  temperature checks on any of them.

Just curious where you heard this? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K32682 said:

Maybe when they are in Japan they have different rules/regulations. I don't know because I have never sailed to that region. But my most recent cruise with SS was last month out of Athens and we did not have any temperature checks.

10 hours ago, K32682 said:

What a strange post...

I sailed on a HAL ship in Japan for 28 days last month. They did require both vaccination and a negative Covid test prior to boarding, and masking onboard ship. We had been told that Japanese authorities could decide not to let our ship dock if cases of Covid onboard exceeded a certain threshold, and because of this I thought compliance was pretty good, if not uniform. 

No one onboard the ship did random temperature checks of passengers, but (Japan being Japan) there were some ports where you had to walk through their immigration process and they had several of those infrared temperature monitors trained on the passengers. Never saw anyone pulled aside or anything...

On the last day of our voyage (I disembarked in Yokohama but the ship was continuing onward to Alaska), it was announced that Japan was relaxing some regulations and that masking onboard was no longer going to be required. A bit late!

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

What a strange post...

I sailed on a HAL ship in Japan for 28 days last month. They did require both vaccination and a negative Covid test prior to boarding, and masking onboard ship. We had been told that Japanese authorities could decide not to let our ship dock if cases of Covid onboard exceeded a certain threshold, and because of this I thought compliance was pretty good, if not uniform. 

No one onboard the ship did random temperature checks of passengers, but (Japan being Japan) there were some ports where you had to walk through their immigration process and they had several of those infrared temperature monitors trained on the passengers. Never saw anyone pulled aside or anything...

On the last day of our voyage (I disembarked in Yokohama but the ship was continuing onward to Alaska), it was announced that Japan was relaxing some regulations and that masking onboard was no longer going to be required. A bit late!

Maybe they do things differently on Silversea? It's good to know this isn't standard practice on other cruise lines. Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K32682 said:

Maybe they do things differently on Silversea? It's good to know this isn't standard practice on other cruise lines. Thanks. 

I have multiple cruises with SS and having daily temp checks are no longer standard practice.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 3:02 PM, K32682 said:

I read in another forum that Silversea is still requiring cabin stewards to zap their passengers each day.  Are all cruise lines still doing them?

Celebrity didnt do it last year so would be surprised if they did this.