Is Liberty of the Sea too big???

Hi, we have been on bigger and smaller ships. We did like Liberty. Particularly enjoyed the show "Grease," the ice show, the heliport/helipad area, and the Viking Crown lounge. Enjoy!!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Hi, we have been on bigger and smaller ships. We did like Liberty. Particularly enjoyed the show "Grease," the ice show, the heliport/helipad area, and the Viking Crown lounge. Enjoy!!

Grease is on Independence (And Harmony) Saturday Night Fever is on Liberty. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 2

We love the Freedom class - it's our favorite! We've sailed on all 3 ships, with Liberty being just last year. We feel like this class is just the right size for us with lots of activities, places to relax, the Promenade, and they seem to handle the crowds well. Have a great cruise!

• Like 3

The ship is a good size.  We prefer the larger Oasis Class, but the Freedom class have most of the "bells and Whistles".  The design of the ship minimizes crowds- plenty of space- the only time you might feel crowded, is when parades are held on the main deck- 5.  But you can always find a quiet comfortable spot to relax around the ship.  We will try the ICON of the Seas next March, and look foward to the experience- may not be for us, but surely worth a try.

Agree with pretty much everything posted above.

Definitely don't worry. You won't know until you try it and ship size is a personal preference thing.

If you do feel overwhelmed, just take a step back, don't try to go everywhere and do everything, stick to a handful of locations that suit you and branch out when you feel like it.

We loved this class when it was new. After several Oaisis class sailings, it actually felt a bit small to us when we did Independence last July and October but we still had a great time and it was a nice change of pace.

• Like 2

Our first cruise was on Freedom, it was the one that got us hooked, our second was Monarch which was the smallest in the fleet and we enjoyed it just as much.  We love any ship we are on and have recently sailed on Radiance class (more by coincidence than choice) which we love.

You'll have a ball, we've only ever felt crowded at the old style muster drill which does not happen anymore and when the shows end and everyone leaves at the same time.

You will have an amazing time on this ship - perfect size - not too big and not too small to have a wonderful vacation.  It will not overwhelm you with all the bells and whistles that the larger ships offer.  The ship is large enough that people will be distributed throughout and you will never really feel crowded.  CAVET:  it will seem a little crowded on boarding day / sail a way and that is only because everyone will be waiting for cabins to open (perfect time to tour the ship) and during sail away when everyone is on upper decks watching as you sail off on their fabulous vacations.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pasodancer said:

during sail away when everyone is on upper decks watching as you sail off on their fabulous vacations.

We like the helipad for sail away, especially since it's not accessible on Oasis class.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Funny, some think Liberty is too small

Yep. Indy didn't feel "too small" to us, just a very noticeable difference if you've sailed almost nothing but Oasis class for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We like the helipad for sail away, especially since it's not accessible on Oasis class.

We love it at night too.  It's great to be out at 11pm or so and it's still nice and warm out there with the Caribbean breezes.  You can get a decent view of the stars also.  It can get WINDY up front there though.  Lots of fun.

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The ship is a good size.  We prefer the larger Oasis Class, but the Freedom class have most of the "bells and Whistles".  The design of the ship minimizes crowds- plenty of space- the only time you might feel crowded, is when parades are held on the main deck- 5.  But you can always find a quiet comfortable spot to relax around the ship.  We will try the ICON of the Seas next March, and look foward to the experience- may not be for us, but surely worth a try.

What do you mean freedom class having more bells and whistles over oasis class?  Been on both many times and I’m struggling to see why you think that?

15 hours ago, Dona March said:

Hello,

First time on a ship this size…..a little nervous about sharing s ship with almost 4,000 fellow cruisers!!!

Please help assure me I made the right decision 👍

Thanks to all…

Wife and I are in our 70s, Oasis Class is our favorite. We would consider Liberty on the small size, too small for us. 

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

What do you mean freedom class having more bells and whistles over oasis class?  Been on both many times and I’m struggling to see why you think that?

I think the comment meant that Freedom class has most (but not all) of the "bells and whistles" of the Oasis class.

I would probably replace the word "most" with "many".  Freedom class still has a lot to offer, especially if AMPED.  It is impossible to recreate the number of venues, neighborhoods, etc, that Oasis class offers though. I just feel like the Oasis class is very inward focused, and I like the feeling on Freedom class that you are connected more with the sea.  Oasis class is growing on me though.  I do like all the ammenities.

• Like 1

For me the best class of ships is the one I'm on!  We've been bouncing back and forth for quite a while now and love them all.  Regardless of the class of ship the space to passenger ratio is more or less the same.  More peeps, more spaces for them to disperse to.  So generally embarkation and sea days will feel a bit busier- but I've never not been able to find a spot of relative peace and quiet.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dona March said:

Hello,

First time on a ship this size…..a little nervous about sharing s ship with almost 4,000 fellow cruisers!!!

Please help assure me I made the right decision 👍

Thanks to all…

Liberty is the ship that had me fall in love with cruising.  She is a great ship and doesn't feel crowded even when sailing at full capacity.

Just disembarked from Liberty. This year we sailed on Anthem and Enchantment. Last year on Anthem, Enchantment, Oasis and Adventure.

Liberty is a little bit larger than Adventure (Voyager class). I would say it is an upgrade over it. Greatly designed ship.

What ships did you sail on?