Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

11 hours ago, janecambridge said:

image009.PNG.a029efdd77fc75898ab771d2695081d3.PNG

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there is the phrase "this is the geatest value in luxury cruising...". O has used the term "luxury" in its marketing when describing amenities or other specifics, but not to the entire cruise (although I've only been paying attention post-pandemic). The lack of lower level cabins on the A-class ships indicated to me that O is moving out of the premium level and into luxury and this seems to support that theory. Time will tell. My guess is some of the sailings that were within my "maybe" category will move into the "no" category, but there will still be some to choose from. July 1st is going to be fun! 🙂

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder if they will be  asking for more $$ if you have paid in full for a cruise  after Oct 1st??

Some will cancel & some will like the new deal

Time will tell

Maybe on the weekend update the website will show the higher prices  for all this  good stuff  they are adding 🤔

Too bad as Oceania  was our  favourite line but I guess all good things  will come to an end

No, they will not. You must upgrade to Simply More. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

According to several TAs, although there is no cruise only, you will be able to get an air credit if you want want to do your own flights.

This is correct. You will have 2 choices after July 1st. Simply More with air, and Simply More without air.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, basor said:

Agree - if you choose cruise only than it could make a difference but no one know until pricing is announced.  Until then it is only speculation and scenarios....

I have jotted down prices on 4 cruises later this year similar to the one I am taking in Sept and the one I took last December. 2 are Caribbean, 2 are Mediterranean. I noted the price of the least expensive outside view cruise only price shown on O's web site today. I will check the new price after July 1 to see how much simply more would cost me for the same cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I have jotted down prices on 4 cruises later this year similar to the one I am taking in Sept and the one I took last December. 2 are Caribbean, 2 are Mediterranean. I noted the price of the least expensive outside view cruise only price shown on O's web site today. I will check the new price after July 1 to see how much simply more would cost me for the same cruise.

We have done this for the 5 cruises we currently have booked and for a few we are looking at....good idea!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there is the phrase "this is the geatest value in luxury cruising...". O has used the term "luxury" in its marketing when describing amenities or other specifics, but not to the entire cruise (although I've only been paying attention post-pandemic). The lack of lower level cabins on the A-class ships indicated to me that O is moving out of the premium level and into luxury and this seems to support that theory.

The word "luxury" was also the first thing that caught my attention, and when combined with the rest of the wording it seemed to me that, as you say, their goal is to move from being considered a "premium" cruise line to a "luxury" line. Much of the terminology used was in that vein. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, basor said:

We have done this for the 5 cruises we currently have booked and for a few we are looking at....good idea!

Done the same here. Taken a screen shot of two booked cruises so I can see how they price the potential option to go to simplyMore and of a couple potential bookings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

Well do you have the T & C's   that say  you MUST  upgrade  as of Oct 1st ?

So much speculations   but until the FACTS  are posted   we really do not know 

unless you have insider information ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

The word "luxury" was also the first thing that caught my attention, and when combined with the rest of the wording it seemed to me that, as you say, their goal is to move from being considered a "premium" cruise line to a "luxury" line. Much of the terminology used was in that vein. 

And if O repeats it enough, perhaps customers will believe it. This may be part of the psychology of  simplyMORE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

If you are booked prior to 01JU 2023 and are cruise only or OLife, then you have the CHOICE to keep your booking as is or switch to Simply More and pay any difference,  If you book after 01JUL 2023 then you either take Simply More with or without air.   Anyone booked prior to 01JUL 2023 and sailing after 01OCT 2023 will not be forced to upgrade.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well do you have the T & C's   that say  you MUST  upgrade  as of Oct 1st ?

So much speculations   but until the FACTS  are posted   we really do not know 

unless you have insider information ?

Sorry, maybe I didn’t word it right. You will NOT be required to upgrade to Simply More, it will be optional with prices available on the 1st.

You asked if Oceania will require you to upgrade and the answer is no. It will be voluntary. 

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 3

Just now, basor said:

If you are booked prior to 01JU 2023 and are cruise only or OLife, then you have the CHOICE to keep your booking as is or switch to Simply More and pay any difference,  If you book after 01JUL 2023 then you either take Simply More with or without air.   Anyone booked prior to 01JUL 2023 and sailing after 01OCT 2023 will not be forced to upgrade.

That is absolutely correct. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know how this will affect a reservation that I already have for next year? Will it automatically go to simply more with an up charge or will I have the option to take simply more or or or?

Just now, kjbacon said:

Does anyone know how this will affect a reservation that I already have for next year? Will it automatically go to simply more with an up charge or will I have the option to take simply more or or or?

Read answers above 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

Check back after  July 1st

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Sorry, maybe I didn’t word it right. You will NOT be required to upgrade to Simply More, it will be optional with prices available on the 1st.

You asked if Oceania will require you to upgrade and the answer is no. It will be voluntary. 

That is  different than Must  

Do you have that as fact  or just speculation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

That is  different than Must  

Do you have that as fact  or just speculation?

It was worldly Incorrectly. I meant you would have to upgrade to get SM, you will not be forced to.

Fact, I would never post speculation without saying it was speculation. 

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I am beginning to wonder (out loud apparently!) if this is a move to upgrade Oceania to Regent's offerings and then to merge the two lines ???

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I am beginning to wonder (out loud apparently!) if this is a move to upgrade Oceania to Regent's offerings and then to merge the two lines ???

Much of Oceania’s “self-promoting” language in the past has often used the phrase “ultra-premium.” I don’t see that changing since NCLH’s current marketing blend of “good/better/best” across the three lines has obvious benefits.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I doubt that…Regent’s staterooms are at a higher level across the board than Oceania’s, from what I’ve read.  And I agree with@Flatbush Flyer…why would NCLH want to exit a “niche” in the broad cruise market spectrum?

• Like 3

This is only my guess but I think that Oceania considers itself in a class by itself.  Lets say below the "luxury" level and above everyone else. While I do not have extensive cruising experience to make comparisons I basically had this impression when researching for our first cruise.  Luxury-ish but with cheaper options (after Saturday we shall see) depending upon room choice, etc.  Of course opinions vary but I do think that's a good thing.  Find the line which suits you best.  Unfortunately I think we are seeing a post covid world where everything will go up in price.

16 hours ago, bob brown said:

I doubt that…Regent’s staterooms are at a higher level across the board than Oceania’s, from what I’ve read.  And I agree with@Flatbush Flyer…why would NCLH want to exit a “niche” in the broad cruise market spectrum?

I disagree.  I have been on both lines and in suites on Regent (Seven Seas Aft was my favourite).  But I find the suites on Oceania to be better looked after (though hopefully Regent has caught up with that) and we loved the ones we have had - on Riviera the Owners Suite, Vista suite and Oceania suites.  All top notch.  Food is great and since as a rule we don't take excursions (though we are happy to drink!) Oceania's current pricing suits us.  But it is to change in two days time...we have to see what they offer.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 4:50 PM, kjbacon said:

It will not automatically move to SM. You have the option to "upgrade" to SM or just keep your current booking as is. After July 1st, you can ask what the upgrade cost will be for SM. 

• Like 2

We pretty much cruise exclusively in the Caribbean. We live practically next door to Port Everglades and are an Uber ride away from Port of Miami. It's so convenient. When we travel further afield, we travel by air and land and tend to stay in destinations for multiple days rather than the hop-on hop-off cruise experience. 

We don't drink alcohol and rarely do shore excursions in the Caribbean, so the Simply More program is not for us. We will keep the two Oceania cruises we have scheduled (on Vista in December and the to-be-refurbished Marina in late 2024), but our future cruises will be on Celebrity, HAL, Viking, or Crystal. Yes, I realize that Viking and Crystal also include alcohol and, in the case of Viking, shore excursions, but Viking is more to our taste than Oceania. The only problem for us is that Viking has so few Caribbean cruises. We loved the old Crystal, even though we lost value by not drinking alcohol. If the new Crystal seems to be on par with its glory days, we'll book that. Crystal has decided to "homeport" at Port Everglades beginning next year, for part of the Caribbean season, so we're very happy about that. I imagine with the Simply More program, Oceania fares will creep ever closer to those of cruise lines like Crystal, and the "old" Crystal, at least, was vastly superior to Oceania in every metric that's important to us: food/dining, service, staterooms, public spaces/decor.  

Edited by MarkWiltonM
  • Like 3