Where is the Quest first week of 2024?

ak1004

image.png.939bed975a73cb3846bd044335963a80.png

First cruise ends on Dec.30, next one starts on Jan 7. Why there is a gap? 

P.S. Our friends mentioned that they sail from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires at the end of December to first week of January. This matches the end port of the first cruise, but why nothing is shown for this week?

13 minutes ago, jomf said:

It’s booked for a “Lifestyles “ cruise. 

So you know for sure that Quest is chartered for a “Lifestyles “ cruise at those dates? is it published anywhere? How do people know about those cruises?

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

So you know for sure that Quest is chartered for a “Lifestyles “ cruise at those dates? is it published anywhere? How do people know about those cruises?

Just Google “Lifestyle Cruises”! Desire cruise - Quest Dec 30 - Jan 7. Described as a sensual 9 day/8 night South American cruise.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just Google “Lifestyle Cruises”! Desire cruise - Quest Dec 30 - Jan 7. Described as a sensual 9 day/8 night South American cruise.

Yes, found it, thanks!

18 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Yes, it is advertised by the company “ Lifestyles” . I assume people who take that type of cruise are offered the cruises by advertising in the various publications they frequent/ read.

• Thanks 1

I was on Pursuit Rio-Rio in December 2022. Whilst on board the crew advised us that the cruise immediately after, commencing 30 Dec 2022 was for 'swingers'. 

Since the departure date and location are identical (one year later) it seems very likely that this is a repeat charter, albeit on a different shop. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, blag said:

I was on Pursuit Rio-Rio in December 2022. Whilst on board the crew advised us that the cruise immediately after, commencing 30 Dec 2022 was for 'swingers'. 

Since the departure date and location are identical (one year later) it seems very likely that this is a repeat charter, albeit on a different shop. 

It definitely is. I just checked out the Lifestyles website. 😳 

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

i see that our cruise on Journey Dec 12, 2023 is also listed on the Lifestyles website.  Why don't they tell you this when you book?

There must be a mistake somewhere. Any alternative-type cruise is always a full charter. They won’t mix regular cruisers with lifestyle cruisers, if that’s what you’re wondering about.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3

I know its a commercial decision but when we saw Quest was going to South America we had an idea to see if we could do the Christmas and New Year at Rio again as the last time it was just soaking weather.  We were so so disappointed to see that whilst we could have Christmas, we could not have that b2b.  I am sure there were others looking for that b2b

Last year we were also considering a New Year cruise on the Pursuit. It was unfortunately chartered. Some weeks later, while cruising on the Pursuit in South America, I realized that the charter was for swingers. It came on the news of a South American paper. And the Pursuit was called by locals “the swinger ship”. I am not sure that reputation will do Azamara any good.

Ivi

6 minutes ago, Keeria said:

I also feel for the crew and wonder whether they can refuse to work for a desire cruise. 

We were on one of the ships the cruise before one of the lifestyle charters and asked this question, if any of the crew are uncomfortable about working front of house duties during the cruise they will be given duties behind the scenes. 
On the other hand some thought the crew thought the cruises were good fun.

It is awkward for the crew.  We were once on a cruise that preceded one.  We met people who were annoyed they couldn’t follow up with another cruise, making it a back to back.  When we chatted with the crew they found out it was because of a swingers’ cruise.  The crew were discreet but were clearly not looking forward to it. 

This thread has made me look at the cruise before ours! It does look like it is a chartered cruise. I haven’t found out who has chartered the ship. 
My TA has no idea.

sounds weird but I’m hoping it’s not a lifestyle cruise!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Next time you take a cruise, look around your cabin and spare a thought for what the previous occupants of your cabin were doing last night, or the night before, whether it was a lifestyle cruise or a perfectly ordinary cruise. I can guarantee that someone has slept naked in the bed, probably sat naked on the sofa, and definitely done the wild thing in the cabin with a partner. They do clean the ship between cruises, thank heavens! And on a clothing-optional cruise, the passengers are apparently very good about taking a towel round with them to sit on.

On "ordinary" cruises, people don't sleep naked in the bed? I know that I do..

On "ordinary" cruises, people don't do what you imply people do in their cabins? I know that I do..

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

On "ordinary" cruises, people don't sleep naked in the bed? I know that I do..

On "ordinary" cruises, people don't do what you imply people do in their cabins? I know that I do..

Yes, but on ‘ordinary’ cruises they don’t walk around naked in public areas !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, but on ‘ordinary’ cruises they don’t walk around naked in public areas !

How does it impact the next cruise guests?

56 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

How does it impact the next cruise guests?

The reputation that the ship gets as a “swinger ship” made me have to explain to people who asked me if I was on the “swinger ship”, that this was not my cruise. I do not enjoy that reputation from Azamara or from whatever cruise line I am taking.

Ivi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

The reputation that the ship gets as a “swinger ship” made me have to explain to people who asked me if I was on the “swinger ship”, that this was not my cruise. I do not enjoy that reputation from Azamara or from whatever cruise line I am taking.

Ivi

I think 99% of people have no idea that some of the sailings are chartered as Lifestyle Cruises. I believe other lines do it too.

• Like 1