Calling Customer Service

Hawkstar33

After reading the HOT topic post about MDR cutbacks, and upcharges for normally on the menu items, I decided to call and see what I could find out.  The gentleman at customer service, was very nice, and kept reminding me I was on a recorded call. Which is great. Let them hear it, good or bad.  I actually had him go on the cruise critic site, to read what all of us are writing about.  He had no prior knowledge of this site.  So here's an answer to that common question, about whether anyone reads what we write.  Maybe somebody does, but not him.   He said they take each call and try to address the concern.  We will see.. Like others have suggested, a barrage of calls

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To see what you could find out? Why would there be an expectation that a customer service/reservation agent be reading comments from a group of hyper-sensitive fanatics? No wonder people complain about long hold times when they need to call. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

To see what you could find out? Why would there be an expectation that a customer service/reservation agent be reading comments from a group of hyper-sensitive fanatics? No wonder people complain about long hold times when they need to call. 

I concur...

Then again, many will come back to say that they could not get through to complain when there are, possibly, more urgent issues the CSR's need to address...

That is, unless the caller who is complaining is cancelling and I would suggest that is more important!!!

LOL

bon voyage

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I concur...

Then again, many will come back to say that they could not get through to complain when there are, possibly, more urgent issues the CSR's need to address...

That is, unless the caller who is complaining is cancelling and I would suggest that is more important!!!

LOL

bon voyage

Well I don't concur.  Isn't that what customer service is for?  Customer service was very easy to reach.  Took a few minutes.  I got 6 cruises booked thru next yr.  I booked as early as possible, and saved a few dollars compared to todays pricing.  I paid for the experience I've grown accustomed to, on Celebrity. So forget about other cruise alternatives, for now.  And what's more important than your clients.  Yeah I know, the making money thing. I also know I have many vacation choices, but this is what we like.  So I'm not gonna sit here and just spout to each other. That is no solution. I will at least try.  Emails may work, but speaking to and getting a persons name, is usually better. Especially on a recorded line.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Why would there be an expectation that a customer service/reservation agent be reading comments from a group of hyper-sensitive fanatics?

Good point !!

" Expectation " ---  As in " Me, Me, and Me again " ?

Lately it appears the there are many Topics on CC that have absolutely no interest to 99% of us , oops, meant to say me. ( No need, I get it-- " So, Don't read them " !!! ).

There's one today that does give some " thought " (?? ) regarding " whether there are children's books in the library " ---- Umm , suggestion---- Bring some.

LOL--- There's another one that has the record for the Most Pages and is repeated every time a CCer books a cruise 3 years down the road ---

No, it's not " What flavor of gelato is your favorite " or " My lobster tail was too small " or " I was on hold to complain that my waiter forgot, etc,etc ".

Bonne journee -- Have a nice day

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Well I don't concur.  Isn't that what customer service is for?  Customer service was very easy to reach.  Took a few minutes.  I got 6 cruises booked thru next yr.  I booked as early as possible, and saved a few dollars compared to todays pricing.  I paid for the experience I've grown accustomed to, on Celebrity. So forget about other cruise alternatives, for now.  And what's more important than your clients.  Yeah I know, the making money thing. I also know I have many vacation choices, but this is what we like.  So I'm not gonna sit here and just spout to each other. That is no solution. I will at least try.  Emails may work, but speaking to and getting a persons name, is usually better. Especially on a recorded line.  

I, for one, would not want to deprive you or anyone else the decision to call X's CSR's for complaining when there are other outlets to do so...

Even if inter-dispersed with booking other sailings simultaneously, if I understood the post correctly...

I do not think that any of the prompts when calling in, indicate which button to push if there is a complaint, could be and I did not hear it...

CSR's, for the most part at X, are order takers and not complaint takers, calls recorded or not.

Just because a call is being recorded, does not mean it will be listened to unless there is a need to review performance or possibly a dispute over a booking (I said, they said)...

bon voyage

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

CSR's, for the most part at X, are order takers and not complaint takers, calls recorded or not.

Exactly. And by and large many of them have never been on a cruise and they will just be using a script and prompts they have been trained for. 

42 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Just because a call is being recorded, does not mean it will be listened to unless there is a need to review performance or possibly a dispute over a booking (I said, they said)...

Correct. It would be used for training purposes - that's the primary reason calls are sometimes recorded (and/or monitored). The disclaimer is given for all calls because there is no way to know which are being recorded and/or monitored - it is almost never all calls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

After reading the HOT topic post about MDR cutbacks, and upcharges for normally on the menu items, I decided to call and see what I could find out.  The gentleman at customer service, was very nice, and kept reminding me I was on a recorded call. Which is great. Let them hear it, good or bad.  I actually had him go on the cruise critic site, to read what all of us are writing about.  He had no prior knowledge of this site.  So here's an answer to that common question, about whether anyone reads what we write.  Maybe somebody does, but not him.   He said they take each call and try to address the concern.  We will see.. Like others have suggested, a barrage of calls

It is well known across most cruise lines on this site that the customer service reps are the least informed/ least knowledgeable. They read from a script and anything outside of that they just spit out an answer to get to the next call.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Well I don't concur.  Isn't that what customer service is for?  Customer service was very easy to reach.  

The customer service reps are drones at call centers or working remote from home in Central America.The answers they give are scripts on a computer screen. They might be contracted out. You are wasting your time and their time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, russianmom said:

They read from a script and anything outside of that they just spit out an answer to get to the next call.

And to add to your post most call center reps have to move on as they have a quota of how many calls they have to answer per hour. 

• Thanks 1

Wow..  Does anyone commenting here, work for Celebrity, or know someone who is a CSR?  Or are you all just putting out your opinions on how Celebrity handles these kind of things?    

Edited by Hawkstar33
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Wow..  Does anyone commenting here, work for Celebrity, or know someone who is a CSR?  Or are you all just putting out your opinions on how Celebrity handles these kind of things?    

I know a few people from my many years in the hospitality industry that did work for the corporate side of the cruise industry. This is how many hospitality companies handle work done by their CSR;s.  Do not expect them to be near hq or corporate level decision makers and usually have a very small amount if any wiggle room that they can do things with  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think writing is the way to go. And that's writing to RCL's HQ. 

One person I plan to write to is Ms. Rosanna M. Fiske, Global Chief Communications Officer. At the moment, my chief complaints are the ridiculous number of emails her department is sending, and the lack of consistency in communications with their passengers and potential passengers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

My indignation is greatly relieved by calling and browbeating some low level CSR.  

Yep.

I had to wonder why the CSR needed to keep reminding the caller that the call was being recorded. Hopefully not for the reasons I'm thinking...  

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, klflote said:

Yep.

I had to wonder why the CSR needed to keep reminding the caller that the call was being recorded. Hopefully not for the reasons I'm thinking...  

I'll admit a similar thought occurred to me...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, klflote said:

Yep.

Which is? That he was being berated?

1 hour ago, klflote said:

Yep.

Of course there will be a few of us who do not get it, as it were... LOL

I agree with your and others thought on this...

bon voyage

14 hours ago, klflote said:

Yep.

It was a 5 minute call.  Don't wonder.  I was polite, and just asked a few questions in regards to the post topic.  I did not berate or browbeat the rep, as one genius on here, tried to say.  He was pleasant, and I was surprised myself that he told me 3x about being recorded.  I said that was great, and it's a call worth listening to by someone who handles this type of questioning.  So you last 3 commenters are wrong.  In the future, you should consider just offering any insight on the topic, instead of trying to rip apart and analyze the authors views, and personal experience.  As several of you often jump into the conversation, to do.  

• Like 1