President’s Cruise

PSU

Our extended family booked next year’s June 23, 2024 cruise before it was announced as the President’s cruise. Our four cabins are in the Retreat. All the years we have been cruising Celebrity, we have never been on a President’s cruise.

Can any enlighten me as to what to expect.

Thanks so much.

• Thanks 1

All crew and departments will be on their best behaviour, all  beverages will be in stock, and the buffet will have a full complement of stations. Can't have the boss see any slip-ups.

I have no personal experience, but it would seem like a good idea to make specialty dining reservations early, if you are planning such an event.

You know all the VIPs are not likely to dine with the masses like some ship officers do on a normal cruise. 

2 hours ago, PSU said:

Our extended family booked next year’s June 23, 2024 cruise before it was announced as the President’s cruise. Our four cabins are in the Retreat. All the years we have been cruising Celebrity, we have never been on a President’s cruise.

Thanks so much.

I would expect the President to be there.  😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PSU said:

Thanks so much.

I have so many questions about this, but I'll wait a bit for those. But first, I'd like to link CC's own article on President's cruises, where the one on X that just disembarked was highlighted: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-a-presidents-cruise

Now, to those questions:

1. How did you find out about this cruise?

2. What ship is it on?

3. Is it available to book?

4. Any special guests announced yet?

5. Any special activities or excursions announced yet?

Thank you in advance for satisfying my curiosity. I'm sorry about the lack of answers (except for the link).

Edited by Honolulu Blue

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I have so many questions about this, but I'll wait a bit for those. But first, I'd like to link CC's own article on President's cruises, where the one on X that just disembarked was highlighted: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-a-presidents-cruise

Now, to those questions:

1. How did you find out about this cruise?

2. What ship is it on?

3. Is it available to book?

4. Any special guests announced yet?

5. Any special activities or excursions announced yet?

Thank you in advance for satisfying my curiosity. I'm sorry about the lack of answers (except for the link).

I booked this cruise on the Beyond for my family for our 50th anniversary. When I booked, I didn’t know it was a Presidents cruise. It is on Beyond and available to book. This cruise is going to Perfect Day at CocoCay

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I would expect the President to be there.  😀

LLP stayed off the ship on one  my President's cruises. She only showed up for a few events like honoring women officers on the ship. On 'another President's Cruise she did host special event in Puerto Rico. But it was by invitation only.

Edited by Orator

I wish that they would sail in the cheap seats instead of the largest suite on the ship to see how useless   most of Kelly’s designs are.

Also to see how good or bad the infinite balconies really are.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, PSU said:

I booked this cruise on the Beyond for my family for our 50th anniversary. When I booked, I didn’t know it was a Presidents cruise. It is on Beyond and available to book. This cruise is going to Perfect Day at CocoCay

Thanks for the illumination.  It figures that it would go to PD@CC, since getting permission to go there was her first big project since being appointed President.

I wonder if that rock star Kate will be onboard as the Captain, or if perhaps they'll bring her in as a special guest.

37 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for the illumination.  It figures that it would go to PD@CC, since getting permission to go there was her first big project since being appointed President.

I wonder if that rock star Kate will be onboard as the Captain, or if perhaps they'll bring her in as a special guest.

Have you sailed with Capt. Kate? Your thoughts?

I have... But...And... I will be super careful here...I really don't get the hype for seeing her or Bug the cat. To be fair, I've never given a hoot about any of the cruise ship captains and I'm married to a man who is retired Navy, didn't care about his captains when on sea duty either 🤪

It was a sailing just like any other with any other captain, imo. 

It's great to see a female captain in 2023 but Beyond that, (pun inteneded 😉) She navigated a ship and kept us afloat. 

No disrespect for her accomplishments, just curious.

Patty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cw2go said:

Have you sailed with Capt. Kate? Your thoughts?

I sailed with Kate on the Summit in 2017. She was less of a rock star then. I get her appeal - she's pretty, she can be funny, she's visible, she's easy to understand, and she's not obviously incompetent. I wouldn't mind sailing with her again, though I'm not rushing to do so.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Orator said:

LLP stayed off the ship on one  my President's cruises. She only showed up for a few events like honoring women officers on the ship. On 'another President's Cruise she did host special event in Puerto Rico. But it was by invitation only.

were you on the invitation list?