Transportation Recommendation from Amsterdam Hotel to Airport?

We have an early morning flight back to the U.S. from Amsterdam.  Any recommendations for a private car service that we can book in advance (like RomeCabs in Rome)?  

And please, no advice to take the train.  We are in our 70's and its not an option.

Thanks.

Most hotels have a service that can take you but they aren't cheap.  I'm kicking myself as the taxi I took in Amsterdam offered to take me for 75 euros.  I thought it was too much and was going to use Uber.  When I checked into my hotel to ask about Uber they said that since I was leaving very early in the morning they suggested a private limo service.  At this point I said fine and it wound up costing me 100 euros with tip.  Good news, the guy got me to the airport in plenty of time, but I could have saved 25 euros if I went with the taxi guy.

2 hours ago, baggal said:

Any recommendations for a private car service that we can book in advance (like RomeCabs in Rome)?

I just use Uber in Amsterdam-- its reliable, easy, and not expensive. As robin says above, the car service options are way more expensive than taxis or Ubers. 

Thanks all.  Disembarking the Rotterdam after 2 weeks touring Norway.  Flight is at 9 am so we are staying over one night and flying out the next morning.  I already made a reservation at the Rijksmuseum for that afternoon since we haven't been there (did Anne Frank House and Van Gogh Museum on our last trip).  Will probably use Uber or a taxi to get from the ship to our hotel in the Museum district.  I'd just feel more comfortable having something booked for an early pick up, probably 6 a.m., rather than chancing waiting for an Uber.

When deciding on when to be picked up, I would be asking about how AMS is moving currently, given the history there. You may need to be there earlier.

We flew into AMS 3 weeks ago...didn't notice any real issues. Lines existed, but weren't overly long.

In a number of citites, including Amsterdam for an upcoming cruise, I've booked ahead of time with Welcome Pick-ups.  They have always been very reliable.

Alternatively, we often just ask the hotel desk at check-in if they can arrange a cab ahead of time for us if it's a very early morning flight, and that request has always been accommodated.

• Like 1

We booked directly with Dalf's Taxi... www.taxivandalfsen.nl

The prices for three trips (AMS to hotel, cruise port  to hotel & hotel to AMS) were quite reasonable (50 E or less), including meet + greet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Empehi said:

Can you just get a cab after your flight lands in Amsterdam at a Taxi stand for a ride into the central city? Will fares be comparable to booking in advanced?

tp

We did this last July and it was quick and easy. Sometimes we just don't want to have to look for a specific driver. 

8 hours ago, Empehi said:

Can you just get a cab after your flight lands in Amsterdam at a Taxi stand for a ride into the central city? Will fares be comparable to booking in advanced?

tp

Yes of course you can. But be sure to take one from the officlal cab stand, not the cowboys offering their rides in the terminal. 

• 1 month later...