Allure Amplification

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

The Ultimate Abyss really does not make things look bad!

I believe the detractors (of which I am one) aren’t considered with how the Abyss looks so much; but how the Abyss destroys the openness of the boardwalk and the connection with the sea 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

The Ultimate Abyss really does not make things look bad!

19 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

What does the Abyss block other than BW balcony views?  You don't get much of an aft view from the BW, even without the slide. 

I've only sailed on post-Amp Oasis (in OV balconies) and never noticed an obstructed view.

I guess we can agree to disagree....

Old Oasis.jpg

Allure.jpg

Symphony.jpg

Harmony.jpg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I guess we can agree to disagree....

I was not disagreeing, I was asking a question.  

I said: "What does the Abyss block other than BW balcony views?  You don't get much of an aft view from the BW [deck 6], even without the slide.

Apparently it also blocks views from deck 15? looking thru the BW neighborhood.

I'll be on Symphony next month and Allure (pre-AMP) in February, so I'll have to pay more attention to the aft view from various decks.

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was not disagreeing, I was asking a question.  

I said: "What does the Abyss block other than BW balcony views?  You don't get much of an aft view from the BW [deck 6], even without the slide.

Apparently it also blocks views from deck 15? looking thru the BW neighborhood.

I'll be on Symphony next month and Allure (pre-AMP) in February, so I'll have to pay more attention to the aft view from various decks.

Sorry for the mis-characterization.. 

All those pictures were taken from deck 15 looking directly aft. Anywhere along the deck 15 overlook of the Boardwalk is affected.  

I know Royal is going to do what they are going to do. I was just hoping they would leave one of the six with the unobstructed view that the Oasis class originally had. 

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

One and done, and really not that enjoyable of an experience

I use it as an express elevator when going from deck 15/16 aft to deck 6.  It worked well on my last Oasis sailing since my cabin was on deck 6 aft.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, orville99 said:

I presume from the write up that these will consume the space currently occupied by the open air area of the solarium on deck 14 above the bridge. If that is correct then the forward looking views from the solarium may end up being compromised by the new buildout (or the existing solarium will be extended above those new cabins which would make them noisy Star class suites.)

Just look at Oasis, it will be the same change. 

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

One and done, and really not that enjoyable of an experience

Totally agree! And many people burn their skin on it too! Also many ruin ther clothing by burning holes in it when it touches the sides of the slide....

13 hours ago, RobInMN said:

As much as I'd like to see something like that, I'm not sure how technically feasible that is. Can't say I've every heard of any cabin changes other than cosmetic, and even that seems to be limited to carpet and drapes. The only time I've heard of any functional changes are the addition of the bedside USB ports (& 100??) on Serenade as part of the UWC upgrades.

The cabins are all pre-fabed by another company and slid into place and then just connected up. (second video reuses footage from the first)

Anyone every heard of any cabin reconfiguration/upgrades ever being done by other cruise lines?

There were some stateroom upgrades on Margaritaville at Sea Islander

and Norweigan Spirit

12 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I use it as an express elevator when going from deck 15/16 aft to deck 6.  It worked well on my last Oasis sailing since my cabin was on deck 6 aft.  🙂

My sister and I did that on the Oasis too, and we're in our 50s! I love that you can be in "elegant" wear, with your cell phone and purse too 🙂 I think they may have improved the rugs you slide in because we were never at risk for burns.

21 hours ago, RobInMN said:

As much as I'd like to see something like that, I'm not sure how technically feasible that is. Can't say I've every heard of any cabin changes other than cosmetic, and even that seems to be limited to carpet and drapes. The only time I've heard of any functional changes are the addition of the bedside USB ports (& 100??) on Serenade as part of the UWC upgrades.

Anyone every heard of any cabin reconfiguration/upgrades ever being done by other cruise lines?

Yes.  SilverSea, part of the RCG family, extensively renovated a couple of ships a few years ago.  New USB-C and USB-A ports in several places, new power outlets by the beds, WiFi access points in every cabin, complete makeover, not just new bedding.  

Silver Wind and Silver Cloud built in the mid-90s are two that were extensively upgraded in 2021, a renovation that became possible due to RCG acquiring a partial interest and later fully acquiring SilverSea.

23 hours ago, LXA350 said:

It would have been also time to modernize the rooms to the design of the newer Oasis Class ships including new bathrooms. Somehow RCL likes to forget this during amplifications

Is the bathrooms different between newer Oasis Class ships vs. Older? 

I know Icon has a completely redesigned bathroom.

7 hours ago, HxFx said:

My sister and I did that on the Oasis too, and we're in our 50s! I love that you can be in "elegant" wear, with your cell phone and purse too 🙂 I think they may have improved the rugs you slide in because we were never at risk for burns.

I'm in my 60s!  Always do the ship slides.

On Oasis in April, a friend just turned 74 and went down the Abyss and did the Zip line.  🙂

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Huh, interesting location for Crown Lounge.  I'm sure people will be thrilled with the ringing bell from the carousel.

I'm somewhat surprised they are keeping Boardwalk Donuts.  I'm a big fan of doughnuts, but not the ring of bread they serve on RC ships under the name "donut".  It doesn't take a ton of space and must make others happy...

52 minutes ago, dragontrainer said:

I'm somewhat surprised they are keeping Boardwalk Donuts.  I'm a big fan of doughnuts, but not the ring of bread they serve on RC ships under the name "donut".  It doesn't take a ton of space and must make others happy...

They are filling and cheap to make - a win/win for the cruise line.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

How does everyone feel about the Crown Lounge on the Boardwalk?

I would have never called that. Ignoring any room recategorizations, like Sky Jrs, according to the deck map:

• Deck 3:
    • Conference Center -> 31 more cabins
    • Behind the Studio B Stage -> 6 more cabins
  • Deck 4:
    • No change - Comedy Club is staying separate from Blaze
  • Deck 5:
    • Champagne Bar -> Pesky Parrot
  • Deck 6:
    • Empty space on map, directly forward of the forward elevators -> 5 more cabins
    • Shore Excursions and Focus -> Massively smaller for 9 more cabins
    • Sabor -> Playmakers
    • Pinwheels, Candy Beach and Star Pier -> Crown Lounge
    • Sabor Bar -> Abyss Landing
  • Deck 7:
    • Empty grey space, directly forward of the forward elevators -> 1 more cabin
  • Deck 8:
  • No Change. Dazzles is not changing to Music Hall, which I know wasn't announced, but was part of the 2020 plan
  • Deck 9:
    • Empty grey space, directly forward of the forward elevators -> 1 more cabin
  • Deck 10:
    • No Change
  • Deck 11:
    • Crown Lounge -> 13 more cabins! This is not being changed to a venue!!
  • Deck 12:
    • Chef's Table/ Crown Lounge -> 15 more cabins! Again, no longer a venue of any kind!
  • Deck 13:
    • Voyagers/Explorers/Aquanauts -> 30 more cabins, including the Ultimate Panoramic Suites
    • A lot of the spaces in the kids area are now unmarked, just Play Place & Nursery
  • Deck 14:
    • Card Room -> Escape Room
  • Deck 15:
    • No Change - Odd that the Pool Bar and Sand Bar are not also being rebranded Lime & Coconut. No mention of pool deck changes.
  • Deck 16:
    • Sky Bar / Mast Bar -> Lime & Coconut
    • While not shown on the deck plans, one would assume the Ultimate Abyss entrance
  • Deck 17/18:
    • No Change

I'm surprised and disappointed that the existing Crown Lounge and Chefs Table is being turned into 28 more rooms! When you watch the videos of the design team hyping Utopia, they were raving about how awesome that space was and how they wanted to take full advantage of it as they turned it into Giovannis. This design team decided it was best used for cabins. Runs completely counter to the Utopia. I had fully expected to see it turned into The Mason Jar. Speaking of which, these items from the press-release are missing on the deck plans:

• The Mason Jar
  • Full rebranding of Wipeout Cafe to El Loco Fresh. It's still listed as "Wipe Out Cafe Featuring El Loco Fresh"
  • Rebranding of the teen area to Social298
  • Rebranding to Adventure Ocean, and the different areas listed (but lots of blank space on the deck plans in this area without names)
  • Perfect Storm and Splashaway Bay not listed

As a reminder, here is the press-release:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1738/introducing-royal-caribbeans-100m-plus-all-out-glow-up-of-allure-of-the-seas/

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2024 at 12:13 PM, twangster said:

How does everyone feel about the Crown Lounge on the Boardwalk?

Easy access to the Carousel...

Love this spot! Way better than that windowless hole on deck four on all the other Oasis ships.

BTW, do they allow alcohol on the Carousel 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RobInMN said:

28 more rooms...

Surprising to me it's not 128 more rooms like on Voyager and Freedom Classes (removing parts of the gym/steam room, library, Next Crusie, etc etc). I would've expected a whole row of deck 5 balcony cabins in place of the running track 😛

(ooops..... sssssssssssssh!!!!! I can see it now.... outside promenade on the smaller ships and Oasis running track full decks of balcony cabins lol)

6 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Surprising to me it's not 128 more rooms like on Voyager and Freedom Classes (removing parts of the gym/steam room, library, Next Crusie, etc etc). I would've expected a whole row of deck 5 balcony cabins in place of the running track 😛

(ooops..... sssssssssssssh!!!!! I can see it now.... outside promenade on the smaller ships and Oasis running track full decks of balcony cabins lol)

Don’t give RCI any ideas. I walk every day when I cruise and love the track on deck 5 on Oasis class ships and Icon.