Cabin Availability

Just curious what website everyone uses to check cabin availability?  I don’t normally care, but trying to get some family members booked so it would be helpful to see what is available.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You can do this on RC's website via a mock booking. Granted that doesn't necessarily show you all available cabins, but it gives you the general idea.

That's what I do, then if seriously considering a booking I may ask my TA if he sees anything I don't in the general location he knows we prefer.

I've tried other sites in the past but they didn't really seem to add enough to bother with over just using RC's site.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

I've tried other sites in the past but they didn't really seem to add enough to bother with over just using RC's site.

They may not add much, but they are usually easier/simpler to use and may provide a more complete picture of inventory.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They may not add much, but they are usually easier/simpler to use and may provide a more complete picture of inventory.

They didn't in my experience, yours clearly is different. Maybe you're using a different site(s) or I just like using the RC interface more than you.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Maybe you're using a different site(s) or I just like using the RC interface more than you.

It's not about liking (and yes, the RCI site has gotten better) - it's about accomplishing the task (looking for cabin inventory) the quickest and easiest way with the most complete and easy to understand results.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's not about liking (and yes, the RCI site has gotten better) - it's about accomplishing the task (looking for cabin inventory) the quickest and easiest way with the most complete and easy to understand results.

OK, you win, I'm not accomplishing the task optimally. I think I'll survive.

• Haha 1

I look at RCI website and if there's something I'm specifically looking for I make a quick call to RCI and they easily tell me what's available besides what I'm seeing. No big deal as I'm usually looking for a suite.

Roysl has recently made some changes to their inventory system.  They are now holding back lots of cabins for later release.  They do not appear on Royals website, cruising power or other websites as being available but there are workarounds for TA's to see cabins that appear as unavailable.  It's a manual cabin by cabin process so it does take some time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Roysl has recently made some changes to their inventory system.  They are now holding back lots of cabins for later release.  They do not appear on Royals website, cruising power or other websites as being available but there are workarounds for TA's to see cabins that appear as unavailable.  It's a manual cabin by cabin process so it does take some time. 

I noticed that for a cruise at the end of the month. It was nearly sold out, then all of a sudden a couple dozen balcony cabins were available.

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Does NextCruise use cruising power?  Back in May when I booked on-board NextCruise was seeing cabins that weren't on royalcaribbean.com

I know you said there's been recent changes; I was just wondering why NextCruise was seeing more inventory at the time.

32 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Does NextCruise use cruising power?  Back in May when I booked on-board NextCruise was seeing cabins that weren't on royalcaribbean.com

I know you said there's been recent changes; I was just wondering why NextCruise was seeing more inventory at the time.

No, Royals shunts and I am assuming Next cruise use yheir own system. Cruising power is for TA's only. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I noticed that for a cruise at the end of the month. It was nearly sold out, then all of a sudden a couple dozen balcony cabins were available.

Take a look at Utopua.  Entire sections of yhr ship appear to be sold out.  One deck the starboard side is unavailable, another deck is portside.  Sales are not that strong for 2025 sailings. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Take a look at Utopua.  Entire sections of yhr ship appear to be sold out.  One deck the starboard side is unavailable, another deck is portside.  Sales are not that strong for 2025 sailings. 

Yup. When I was looking at  ov balconies 4d it was only showing deck 9 as available no matter what date I picked 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has recently made some changes to their inventory system.  They are now holding back lots of cabins for later release. 

That's interesting! Why are they doing that? 2 or 3 weeks ago I looked at pricing for our Explorer sailing in December. I saw an affordable full suite price and offered to book it for our sons' family. By the time they got back to me on it, the suites show mostly booked and prices have shot up out of my range. I'm watching the prices now, but for that price I would rather them sail on Oasis or maybe take them to Disney World.

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So that they have product available to sell later in the selling curve at higher prices.

Seems to me  like a lot of their changes it makes more work for the call centers.  It doesn't matter to me since I have a great TA but back in the day when I booked myself it would have

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1