Score for 24 - New Promo - Check For Price Drops!

ceilidh1

Just a heads up for those who have bookings for 2024 - the new promo includes many sailings and has significant price drops for some (not all). I have clients with 3 cabins booked for May 2024 and I saved them $1200CAD per cabin by refaring under this promo. Alas, my own booking for March 2024 was not included. Go check your pricing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I saved over $2700 on our June 2024 Norwegian fjord and Iceland cruise. It’s the best price drop I’ve ever received. But, we just booked about a month ago and maybe those prices were just inflated to begin with.

Edited to add that I know it was supposed to be for new bookings only, but my travel agent managed to get the price drop for us nonetheless. 

Edited by Ramblin Wreck Cruiser
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just a heads up for those who have bookings for 2024 - the new promo includes many sailings and has significant price drops for some (not all). I have clients with 3 cabins booked for May 2024 and I saved them $1200CAD per cabin by refaring under this promo. Alas, my own booking for March 2024 was not included. Go check your pricing!

I wish.  Mine all went up in price. 😞

• Like 1

Yesterday we checked fares on two of our 2024 cruises.  On the April 10th, Majestic sailing our fare went down $1,200 pp (we lost $150 OBC).  Our October 19th, Coral sailing our fare went down $400 pp.

Our TA was able to re-fare both existing bookings.  Score! 🙂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck Cruiser said:

I saved over $2700 on our June 2024 Norwegian fjord and Iceland cruise. It’s the best price drop I’ve ever received. But, we just booked about a month ago and maybe those prices were just inflated to begin with.

Edited to add that I know it was supposed to be for new bookings only, but my travel agent managed to get the price drop for us nonetheless. 

As a TA I had no issue refaring and keeping the same cabin and booking number. I didn't even see anything in our info that mentioned new bookings only. My commission took a hit, but I would prefer to get great pricing and keep my customers!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

What is the code for the new promo?

Tom😀

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

What is the code for the new promo?

Tom😀

54 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Promo codes N7S (Std), N7P (Plus), & NRS (Premier) 

I don't think we have ever seen this when booking.  Where or how is a promo code used?  

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I don't think we have ever seen this when booking.  Where or how is a promo code used?  

It's not used by the consumer, but TAs and Princess reps use them for pricing in the booking engine. On the Princess site, it SHOULD automatically give you best pricing without the need for a code - in the event it doesn't, you can contact Princess (or your TA) and tell them the promo code you want to apply - it is always in the fine print at the bottom of their offers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's not used by the consumer, but TAs and Princess reps use them for pricing in the booking engine. On the Princess site, it SHOULD automatically give you best pricing without the need for a code - in the event it doesn't, you can contact Princess (or your TA) and tell them the promo code you want to apply - it is always in the fine print at the bottom of their offers!

Thanks!  

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!

Tom😀

They are always included in the details on Princess.com.  Mostly you find them in the T&C blurb.

ETA:  I see now that this was answered as to where to find out the promo codes and how used.

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

As a TA I had no issue refaring and keeping the same cabin and booking number. I didn't even see anything in our info that mentioned new bookings only. My commission took a hit, but I would prefer to get great pricing and keep my customers!

In the fine print of the flyer I saw, it states that it is for new bookings only. But maybe I misunderstood. In any case, I am grateful to my TA for the re-faring.

JulyAugLTO-TA-eflyer_FINAL.pdf

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chamima said:

Any chance you're on the Sapphire Oct. 30 to Hawaii and Tahiti?  (Wish, wish!!!!)

No 😞. Are you?  We are on the 32 day Sapphire in April, 2024. It goes to Hawaii, Tahiti, the Samoa’s, and a couple Fiji. You can switch 🙂 

8 minutes ago, palolake said:

No 😞. Are you?  We are on the 32 day Sapphire in April, 2024. It goes to Hawaii, Tahiti, the Samoa’s, and a couple Fiji. You can switch 🙂 

We can't - we're past final payment.

Ours is also 32 days and also goes to those ports.

How do we keep just missing each other??? 😪

Edited by chamima

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

Someone mentioned by switching to this promo - the deposit is now non-refundable.  Not sure if this is true but something to watch.

No, it isn't true as long as follow the new protocol and book by selecting something other than allowing PCL to pick cabin and by avoiding the lead-in categories.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck Cruiser said:

In the fine print of the flyer I saw, it states that it is for new bookings only. But maybe I misunderstood. In any case, I am grateful to my TA for the re-faring.

They may as well just do the simpler re-fare because guest can cancel and re-book.

• Like 2