2025 Booking

ECCruise

Just booked B2B on one of the 2025 European itineraries just released this morning.  Dublin to Reykjavik (Iceland intensive) and Reykjavik to Montreal (Greenland and Maritimes).

Some observations....

+This is a pretty unique itinerary so prices are pretty high, although a good bit less than Viking with a similar itinerary. 

+Booking through my TA was smooth and easy, the whole process took less than an hour including booking specified cabin on both sailings.  

+B2B sailings now will be booked with a single reservation number, with the entire itinerary listed.  Don't know if that means OBC on the "first" sailing would be carried over to the next.

+ Already have the Cruise Ticket Booklet issued, including Boarding passes (for July 12, 2025!!)

+ The sailing is on the website under "booked cruises" although no specific OBC amounts shown.

Makes me feel that things are making progress after a long, dark period.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Just booked B2B on one of the 2025 European itineraries just released this morning.  Dublin to Reykjavik (Iceland intensive) and Reykjavik to Montreal (Greenland and Maritimes).

Some observations....

+This is a pretty unique itinerary so prices are pretty high, although a good bit less than Viking with a similar itinerary. 

+Booking through my TA was smooth and easy, the whole process took less than an hour including booking specified cabin on both sailings.  

+B2B sailings now will be booked with a single reservation number, with the entire itinerary listed.  Don't know if that means OBC on the "first" sailing would be carried over to the next.

+ Already have the Cruise Ticket Booklet issued, including Boarding passes (for July 12, 2025!!)

+ The sailing is on the website under "booked cruises" although no specific OBC amounts shown.

I looked at those cruise yesterday as well. I'm waiting for my traveling partner to get back from Japan to see if she's interested. And to figure out how to fly from San Diego to Iceland! 🙂

16 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

. And to figure out how to fly from San Diego to Iceland! 🙂

Probably won't be that difficult.  Delta and Finnair fly to Reykjavik through Boston.  Icelandair flies there through Seattle and Boston.  United through Chicago.

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Probably won't be that difficult.  Delta and Finnair fly to Reykjavik through Boston.  Icelandair flies there through Seattle and Boston.  United through Chicago.

Great..thank you so much for the info!

10 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Some observations....

Interesting you say that on pricing- for us like for like (Viking price includes air and basic excursions, specialities but not all drink) once I get to a common baseline Azamara is a lot more expensive. But their prices change all the timeViking do not so over time the comparison will change I’m sure 

Edited by uktog

Help! Can't find the Greenland itinerary! I'm VERY interested! Luann, San Diego should be an easy departure. Icelandic flies out of Seattle, but if you are on B2B, the initial departure sounds like it's out of Dublin.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Dr H said:

Help! Can't find the Greenland itinerary! I'm VERY interested! Luann, San Diego should be an easy departure. Icelandic flies out of Seattle, but if you are on B2B, the initial departure sounds like it's out of Dublin.

You can find it under July 2025 and the departure is from Reykjavik.

The electrons were slow this AM. It wasn't up earlier, it is now. I did find it under "Deals". Turns out there are 2 Greenland runs, one out of Montreal to Rey, the other Rey to Montreal. Both are B2Bs, one out of Dublin as discussed, the Montreal departure goes on to Copenhagen via Iceland. Don't know where I'm going to get the funds for this, you guys may be accompanied by a bank robber, but I'm going. Maybe a "Go Help Me" fund? Thanks for the help.

• Like 3

We looked at them too!  B2B  Dublin -> Reykjavic -> Montreal (24 nights).   But also the B2B Montreal-> Reykjavic -> Copenhagen (28 nights).  Similar itineraries but there are a few ports-of-call differences.  For now, we have opted to take the B2B ending in Copenhagen since then we can potentially add on something else.

I just asked my TA to put a hold on an N2 for the Sep 6 2025 France Intensive sailing.  She replied in 21 minutes with the invoice attached!  Obviously no website problem for the Azamara TA site she is using.

10 days from Portsmouth [have already visited Portsmouth; planning a pre-cruise visit to the Isle of Wight] to Bordeaux.  Then planning to sync with a Bordeaux river cruise.  Taking Azamara's country-intensive approach and amping it up to 11 !!! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I just asked my TA to put a hold on an N2 for the Sep 6 2025 France Intensive sailing.  She replied in 21 minutes with the invoice attached!  Obviously no website problem for the Azamara TA site she is using.

10 days from Portsmouth [have already visited Portsmouth; planning a pre-cruise visit to the Isle of Wight] to Bordeaux.  Then planning to sync with a Bordeaux river cruise.  Taking Azamara's country-intensive approach and amping it up to 11 !!! 

We did a Bordeaux river cruise with Scenic in 2021 and loved it!

On 7/13/2023 at 8:47 AM, terry&mike said:

We did a Bordeaux river cruise with Scenic in 2021 and loved it!

They would be my first choice, but it's hard to guess their future dates because they switch between the 7-nt and 10-nt itineraries on the same ship.  AMA only does 7 nights, and it looks like it's always Thurs-Thurs – so that's what I'm pencilling in on my plans.  If Scenic works out, I'd love to do their 10-nt.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, ECCruise said:

Some observations....

Thanks for posting this.  We were booked on an around Iceland Intensive to NYC via Greenland and Canada in July 2025, but this b2b itinerary is far better. And we love Dublin.

Our TA booked us on this Azamara b2b, today. The invoice is a bit wonky, but our TA is getting clarification, although her contact assures her it's all OK.  However, the cruise on our online account is correct, but lacks the specific OBC amounts.

Any interest in starting a Roll Call for the b2b?

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

We've also just booked the Sept. 6 2025 France Intensive.  As mentioned above, the invoice is certainly wonky but the deposit sailed through with no problem, lol.  Hold time on the phone was 15 minutes and per the paperwork we're slated for a "10-night Cruise from  Strathmore RT."

I do not know where Strathmore is.  Canada??  But the Azamara website shows us properly booked for this very-far-in-the-future cruise, and so I am content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My Invoice is not wonky at all.  Shows 10-nt France Intensive and p2 shows the same ports as the website, Portsmouth to Bordeaux.

By wonky, I meant the way add-ons, SBC/OBC, beverage packages, etc, are listed on the  website seems a bit convoluted to me, especially since  the b2b details were separated out by cruise but combined under one booking number. However, they are all correct, once you figure it out.  The paper invoice is equally bizarre  and  these details are presented in a completely different way. You have to read between the lines to figure it out.  My TA is trying to get clarification on whether we are reading between the lines correctly.

9 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

By wonky, I meant the way add-ons, SBC/OBC, beverage packages, etc, are listed on the  website seems a bit convoluted to me, especially since  the b2b details were separated out by cruise but combined under one booking number. However, they are all correct, once you figure it out.  The paper invoice is equally bizarre  and  these details are presented in a completely different way. You have to read between the lines to figure it out.  My TA is trying to get clarification on whether we are reading between the lines correctly.

Wonky is exactly what we thought.

For example, our $300 Experience More Shore excursion credit for a B2B cruise, a total of $600 shows, on the invoice:

$150  Name #1

Name#2

Name#1

Name#2

Meaning each guest gets $150 x 2 names x 2 sailings which equal $600.  But not listed that way at all.

Same thing with the B2B credit ($200 x 2 names x 2 sailings which equal $800)

33 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Wonky is exactly what we thought.

For example, our $300 Experience More Shore excursion credit for a B2B cruise, a total of $600 shows, on the invoice:

$150  Name #1

Name#2

Name#1

Name#2

Meaning each guest gets $150 x 2 names x 2 sailings which equal $600.  But not listed that way at all.

Same thing with the B2B credit ($200 x 2 names x 2 sailings which equal $800)

EXACTLY!

Who was it who suggested starting a Montreal to Copenhagen thread 2025? I figured out the finances, I won't have to rob a bank or start a "Go fund me" campaign. I just put down deposits for Montreal to Reykjavik, back to back with Reykjavik to Copenhagen. I can't say I haven't been there, but this is still a trip of a lifetime, at least for us. I had a conference in Montreal many years ago, and we had a very nice weekend there. Always said we have to go back, now we can. Never been to Quebec City, where my parents spent their honeymoon. Never been down the St Lawrence or Newfoundland (although I've got a friend who did his first year medical residency in Newfoundland...). Never been to Greenland. Hope to see it before it becomes American territory. Spent a great Azamara cruise to Iceland, where I tore my Achilles tendon in Akureyri. That was the trip Capt. Carl sailed us into the hurricane off Norway. I now know what I want to see in Norway. And we've got dear friends in Copenhagen, whom we haven't seen in much too long. So Luann, Grandma, and ECC, thank you so much for pointing out the cruises to me, and getting me to do this bit of insanity. 

• Like 5

On 7/12/2023 at 2:36 AM, uktog said:

Interesting you say that on pricing- for us like for like (Viking price includes air and basic excursions, specialities but not all drink) once I get to a common baseline Azamara is a lot more expensive. But their prices change all the timeViking do not so over time the comparison will change I’m sure 

I am not seeing included air for a similar 2025 Viking cruise. It’s a little more expensive, but true that their prices include basic excursions and specialties. Ending in Montreal would be super convenient for us though!

• Like 1